Prayers needed... For BonosBaby12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad things are looking up a little... here's hoping he can make it home on the 13th and you will be able to spend more time with him. :hug: :hug:

You guys really are so sweet and extremely thoughtful :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Thank you for everything!

I wanted to let you know that my father was released today from the hospital. Originally he wasn't due to get out until the 13th. However on Thursday he was moved out of rehab and back to the main part of the hospital. That morning while filling out his meal menu he said everything became blurry. So he was readmitted back to intermediate care so tests could be performed. Also it was finally confirmed that he did in fact suffer a minor stroke. There were speculation before that this was the case.

Now here is the part that really confuses us. Yesterday someone from rehab came into his room. They asked my father what his main goal was. He told him that it was to go home and go about his usual routine. In response they said it would be a long time till that happened as he was still too weak. Well early this afternoon a doctor that was on call for my father's primary doctor says otherwise. She tells him that rehab will work him harder than if he were to just go straight home. As a result she releases him and he's admitted already that he's too weak to be home. Hopefully this early release will not have any serious repercussions. It's bound to happen where he will have to go back to the hospital again but we don't want it to be too soon!

Just wanted to give a quick update on what's going on. Yesterday my father had to go back into the hospital. There was just no way that he could come back home the way he was. Ever since last Thursday night he's been steadily going downhill again. Each day he was growing more tired and his breathing was starting to get bad again. So yesterday the doctor ordered blood work done and had my mom bring my father in for a checkup. After only 5 minutes of being there the doctor called for an ambulance. It appears that somewhere along the line my father has lost blood. Also his breathing was really hard so in the ER they had the oxygen level set at a high amount. As of last night though he was improving a bit with his breathing so they lowered the amount a little bit. Doctor feels that these frequent hospital visits are going to be my father's way of life now :sad: He went 10 days at home this time before having to go back in.

It has also been discovered that the percentage of his heart that is working has dropped again. Now it's down to 10-15% which is a drop from a couple of weeks ago. Back then it was hovering around 15%. Swear all of this is just happening in a blink of an eye! He was looking good and really did seem to be doing a lot better when he came home.

:hug: :hug: :hug: Ali,Lila,MJ,Diana and Jem :hug: :hug: :hug: Thank you guys :)

I wish I could say that things have improved some but they unfortunately haven't :(. My father's oxygen level is at the highest level that it can be placed at. He's using the mask though there is talk of trying him on the nasal line. When that was suggested he started panicking. Even now with the mask he's still having to take deep breaths. But until they can get this oxygen taken care of they are not able to move forward with anything else. He was told again today that he will be in the hospital for awhile.

Another problem he is facing is within his left knee. The previous time he was in there he complained of his knee hurting A LOT! Nothing was really done about it so finally this time around they called in an orthopedic doctor. According to him my father has pulled something. Can't remember exactly what it was called. Also he's still losing blood and has lost a total of 20lbs in a month. In fact he has lost 8lbs just from last week. He's back to not eating right said he just has no appetite. Even when he was eating regularly he wasn't gaining anything. There is also the problem of my father spitting up blood. No clear answer has been given on why this problem is occuring.

In regards to hospice the doctor told my father the other day that they would not be able to help him. Said that they don't have enough blood or oxygen to care for my father. My father's opinion hadn't changed about receiving hospice's services but the doctor did talk this over with him.

Promise to get better about the updates. Thank you so much for thinking of me and my family it means so much :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: Kaf :hug: :hug: Sorry I missed you before with my thank you's

According to the doctor that my father is seeing he's doing terrific. Strongly dispute this one considering when I just saw him earlier today he was still pretty weak. Yeah he's breather better but there's still a myriad of problems that need to be straightened out. Will go along with that he's too well for the area he's in. However that doesn't mean the man is ready to come straight home. Going to rehab would greatly benefit my father before taking that step. He's not even able to walk on his left leg because it causes him a great deal of pain in his knee. In fact he tried to walk on his own after the doctor left the room and he almost fell. Our house has no easy access to it you have to climb steps to get through both the back and front door,there are no rails. My mom is greatly concerned about my father falling as he attempts to climb the steps with a walker. When this was stated the doctor proceeded to get smart with my mom. Im sorry but that takes a lot of guts right there! Excuse us with wanting to see that the man is healthy and safe enough to come home. We want him home just as much as he wants to be home! Oh and it appears that they him back on high blood pressure medicine again. Each time he stands up he is light headed and dizzy. My father's blood pressure is pretty damn low so the last thing he needs is medicine for it. Just like they were trying to give him a relaxer pill 3 times a day that is considered a control substance. He was become addicted to it and was starting to space out whenever he was on it. Each time it was stated that he was not to take that much a day than both the doctor and the nurses get this major attitude over it.

Also we have discovered the part of the reason why my father is losing so much weight. They have him on a healthy heart diet which amounts down to rabbit food. Not to be mean but this kind of diet is not going to make his heart stronger! Geez why can't the man just have what he wants and leave him be? I swear whenever he goes into that hospital he comes out worse than he was when he was first admitted into there. There is even a nurse who works there that said if she ever has to go into the hospital than her family is not to take her to the one where she works. Said that they need to keep going south and take her as far away from that hospital as they can get. That right there is strongly disturbing!

:hug: Shannon... I hope you can knock some sense into those doctors! It's depressing when you see professional people like that being idiots. :hug:

Friends like all of you are truly angels,thank you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Im happy to report that since my father came home this past Saturday that he's been doing really well :). Unfortunately we know that this can change at any given time. Fortunately though he will be home with the family for Easter and able to enjoy the holiday. Pretty grateful for that since there was a question of if he would be home in time for Easter.

Yesterday he spent some time with his brother which seemed to do my father a world of good. Believe they are planning something together again for later in the week. Honestly think this is the best kind of therapy that my father could get. Was so cute with how he was up early yesterday to get ready for his day out,lol.

Eventually it's supposed to be set up where visiting nurses will come in once or twice a week to see my father. Kept refusing this help but eventually his doctor wore him down with it. The purpose of their visits is to keep a close eye on his lungs with the fluid build up. Also to check his heart to see how that is going and check his blood level. We never did find out what the reason was for my father having lost so much blood. I gotta tell you my faith in the health care system has really gone down quite a bit! Have seen too much that has really darkened my judgement of them :tsk:

It's so good to hear that your father is home again - especially with all the bad news around his health lately :hug:

Still thinking of you, and always will :)

:heart: :pray:

Just a quick update but wanted to tell all of you that my father is continuing to do well :). Been 10 days since he last left the hospital and he's still going strong! Did encounter a bit of a problem with fluid starting to backup. However my mom gave him an extra fluid pill,at the advice of the doctor,and that really helped a lot! Has a checkup tomorrow so keeping fingers crossed that my father receives a good report.

Oh and due to a mistake with the insurance companies end it has never been set up for the nurses to come. Truthfully they haven't been needed as my mom is doing everything that the nurses would be doing. Helps a lot too when my father's doctor holds so much faith in my mom and the care that she can provide. It's a huge responsibility but she's doing such a great job with it all :up:

When I get a chance tomorrow than I will write a short update about the visit!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:'s thank you for being such a wonderful support system

That's great news! I'm glad he's been doing so well lately. :hug: Your family sounds like they are a wonderful support system for your father too. :up:

Back
Top Bottom