Prayers needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carmelu2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Hi everyone, I am not doing so good today. My grandpa in St. Louis has been sick for over a week now and suddenly his health has taken a turn for the worst. He has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. He is not at an early stage from what I was told either. I am told at his age(78) his chances of survival are slim to none. This is all so sudden for me I still feel numb to the whole thing. I drove there to see him Friday night and he does not look good at all, however he is in good spirits and he is positive that he will make it through. (He is a tough ole coot, ya know) My gram has always been there for me and I feel awful that I am not there for him. I had to come back home today to make it to work on Monday. So please keep me and my gram in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you,
Carmel

Carmel I am so incredibly sorry about your grandfather :(. Really wish there was a way that you could be there right now. You and your family are all in my prayers and thoughts :hug:

If you need anything or someone to lean on than please don't hesitate to contact me :hug: Try to stay positive :hug:

Last edited:
Carmel:sad: I'm sorry! I will definitely be praying for your granpda! I know how hard it is. My mom was diagnosed with lymphoma in June and she had a tumor that wrapped around her spine. She was just told last week that the tumor is gone, so Thank God! I will definitely believe for your grandpa to be healed! You know I'm here anytime you need me!:hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear about this Carmel. Glad you were able to go and see him, and I'm sure he was glad you were there for him as well :hug:

Carmel, I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather's health. Healing prayers for your grandfather and the family. :hug:

I'd repeat everything I told you before, but you know it.

So I'll just send more hugs :hug: No such thing as too many of those, right??

:hug: Aww Carmel hon :heart: I wish I had something I could say to make it easier. I just hope you know that you have friends here to talk to, and even considering the difficulty of the circumstances, you are lucky to have been given the opportunity to be there with him this weekend. The TLC a family can provide is the most important thing in the world.

You and your family will be in my prayers :heart: Take it day by day and try not to waste time worrying, just make the most of the good things

Never underestimate the power of Prayer!!!
My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer 3 1/2 years ago...
My father is not afraid of anything..so he was not worried...but of course the whole family was....He was operated and has been doing ok until now...but in reality PRAYER played a huge part on this...I will say a special prayer for your grandfather tonight Carmel, keep the faith up :hug:

Thank you so much everyone. Knowing that I am in your thoughts and my gram is in your prayers means a great deal to me. I am getting daily updates on his condition from my cousin. I will try to drive back this weekend to see him.

:hug:

You and your family can't get enough of those
knuffie.gif

Take care, I'll be thinking of you!
knuffie.gif

Carmel, you and your family especially your gram are in my thoughts and prayers. Be careful on your drive, stay safe and always keep the good times in your heart. :hug:

:ohmy: :sad: :hug:

I'm so sorry..........

I'm glad you got to see him.....and PLEASE BE CAREFUL driving there again this weekend.

my dad was 72 when he was diagnosed[same thing]...and he's survivedon 12 yrs now {it was on the early side, tho} but, hey, my dad has survived 2 major vascular emergenies at 83 & 82..........

so I'm sure your Gram has a fighting chance! :yes:

my thoughts & prayers added in. :hug:

I am sorry to inform everyone that my grandfather passed away on Monday night. He was on life support for the pass couple of days and the family was informed by the oncologist that his prostate cancer had spread throughout his body. We all came to the hard decision to relieve his pain and take him off life support. I will miss my gram but I know now he is at peace. He lived a good life and watched all of his children grow up and become parents of there own.

He tought me how to be positive in a world full of negitivity. He showed me how to look beyond a persons apperance and find there soul.

He was a good father, pastor and friend. Always there to lend a helping hand and giving spiritual advice to those in need. He dedicated his life in doing Gods will and now, God has called him home.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I know I felt them in my heart :heart:

Back
Top Bottom