prayer request

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
My mother had to go to the ER to get a very painful hip looked at. She was supposed to have hip replacement surgery in August but the July stroke screwed up those plans. I'm really feeling stresssed! We don't know what the doctor is going to do.

Last edited:
I'll say a prayer for you and your mama. Its so hard to see someone you love in pain and worry about them. It takes such a toll on your emotional well being. I hope everything turns out fine and your mother recovers quickly and thoroughly.
:hug: Here's a big hug for you.

:hug: Good luck! Maybe she's ready for a new hip. My grandma has a fake one, as well as knees and all of her fingers.

:hug: I'll say a special prayer for your mom's recovery, her doctor's skill, and your peace of mind. :hug:

Prayers sent :hug:

My husband's mom is going to get hip replacement surgery just after the first of the year.

:hug: prayers are wonderful things
Just for encouragement sake, My grandpa had a hip thing done because he broke his taking out the recycling. hes 90 and he recovered from it
along with a minor stroke while under the knife:huh:

Yeah, I agree that God is in control. Nothing's happened, last time I checked she was still waiting for the X-rays. I think the thing I hate about the ER the most just might be all the waiting, especially for the diagnostic stuff like X-rays because at that point obviously the doctors haven't decided what to do and you're just hanging there wondering what on earth the next few days are going to be like. Are we talking an emergency operation, a change in pain medication or what? I don't know right now. Thank God I have the MTV U2 special tonight to look forward to.

Last edited:
She's OK. She got some rest in the ER, and feels a little better. The bottom line, though, is that she needs this hip replaced and they can't do it right now. It's frustrating.

verte76 said:
She's OK. She got some rest in the ER, and feels a little better.

Well, that's good :).

Originally posted by verte76
The bottom line, though, is that she needs this hip replaced and they can't do it right now. It's frustrating.

Yeah, I can imagine that'd be irritating. Poor thing :( :hug:. Hope she'll be able to get it taken care of soon.

Back
Top Bottom