Post Your Fetish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
211u1v

stars, I wouldn't even think of posting my fetishes about a certain Rock star turned world humanitarian on an Internet site.

They're THAT deeply ingrained in my psyche.

But thanks to those who have posted for sharing all of yours with us. :up:

Jamila said:
stars, I wouldn't even think of posting my fetishes about a certain Rock star turned world humanitarian on an Internet site.

They're THAT deeply ingrained in my psyche.

But thanks to those who have posted for sharing all of yours with us. :up:

Lol, you're intense Jam! And I love you for it!

Not a fetish in the true sense of the word...but these pic make me melt none the less....For you:

211xc4

211xfn

211xmr

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
(sings like Sandra Bullock)

*You want to loooove him, you want to huuuuug him, you want to be biiiiiiten by him*

:wink:

good lord - I thought I was the only one who sings that :wink: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
btw for those who don't know it is from Miss Congeniality

Written by Eamon Dunphy:

In March 1985 Rolling Stone magazine featured the Irish rock band U2 on its cover. The headline read: 'Out Choice: Band of the '80s'. The was rock n'roll's critical accolade. In u@'s case it could be argued that the honour bestowed on them was a trifle premature: it would be fully two years before the band justified the claims made on their behalf.

Live Aid took place four months after Rolling Stone hit the newstands, at the beggining of the creative process that would produce their magnificent 1987 album, The Joshua Tree. U2 were not a stadium band. The had much to lose as they waited to take their place on the greatest rock n' roll bill of all time. The had fifteen minutes and three songs to attack with. This was not a U2 audience, there was not residual fervour, no long-established relationship to justify a passionate, personal embrace. But they were determined to go for it, expose themselves as they had that first time at Mount Temple School, pouring everything-fear, hope,'fucking desperation', as Adam would irreverantly describe it-into those three songs, that fifteen minutes, as if there would never be another show, another chance.

It hung on Bono. At moments of acute need like this it was if he was the vessel into which all their fears and hopes, ideas and emotions dissolved. In him and though hi the pool of accumulated sadness, joy, anger, and yearning swelled and began to flow--from Edge's guitar, through Larry's drums and Adam's bass the musica gathered force, bursting out through Bono whose task it was to give it words and meaning on a day like this. When Bono prayed that day, as he always did backstage, he asked for strenth. Adam prayed silently that the sound system would work.

Geldof's rule was that nobody from the audience should come on stage. There was a no fans' land between audience and stage to ensure that the rule held fast. U2's planned set was 'Bad, 'New Year's Day' and 'Sunday Bloody Sunday'. But Bono blew the plan right out of the window. And with it went the rules of the day, even one Geldof hadn't thought worth imposing: nodbody would want to go from stage to audience. Nobody would be that crazy. Nobody would have the time.

Paul McGuinnes sat down to watch on a tv monitor backstage. He felt unusually tense. Normally he didn't doubt Bono's ability to deliver, but this was Big. The band went straight into SBS. No spiel. Bono looked deceptively calm. Looking out at the vastness of Wembley, his tension began to drain away. Bono was introducing 'Bad'. "We're from Dublin'" The crowd roared acknowledgement. "Like all cities, it has its good and it has its bad. This is a song called Bad".

Onstage Bono had claimed the audience. When he held the microphone out the response was lusty, frantic. This was his private way of assesing how things were going. He ventured out from the surging mass of bodies in front of him. He beckoned. Several girls moved forward. But he knew which one he wanted. She was pretty, dark haired, with a white sweater.

Backstage McGuinness looked at his watch. Time was running out. There'd be no third song.

The girl was at the outer edge of the pit now. Bono leaped down. The security men scrambled to contain the crowd closest to the stage who fought for a sight of the singer. Now the dark-haired girl reached him. They embraced.

Jesus, McGuinnes thought, he's really blown it this time. Bono had dissapeared. Nobody in Wembley's Stadium could see him except the security guards and the few people in front. But the millions watching on television could follow every move. To them the scene was intimate, a spectacle that overshadowed anything else on that momentous day.

This symbolic bonding of performer and audience, music and people captured the mood. Bono had taken the ultimate performing risk. It could have seem gimmicky, gauch intrusion, a breach of the spirit of Live Aid. But his instinct for an audience had helped him get it right.

Accepting congratulations afterwards, McGuinness harbored doubts about what he'd seen. Had it worked. A month later he watched a video of the performance and understood why it had worked, and knew his band could play anywhere.

The End. :)

This is interesting though about Bono's reaction:
By Mark Taylor:

"Bono felt he had blown it, shot U2 in the head in front of the whole world. Back in Ireland, he just drove around for days, unable to communicate with anyone. He kept thinking about the millions dying of starvation and wondered what he was doing performing in something as banal as a rock 'n' roll band.
"As he travelled around the Irish countryside, he met a sculptor, an older man who knew very little about music. Ironically, the man was working on a piece which he called "The Leap", an attempt to reproduce the spirit of Live Aid through an image that U2 had themselves provided for him. After that, Bono went back home and started to believe people when they said that the part of Live Aid that they remembered best was Bono leaping into the crowd and embracing the girl."

Last edited:
have look at the thread after I mention mine...no i don't have internet on my computer.

Bono's smiles & sparkling eyes :drool: :drool:

in conceert when he sometimes leans back a bit looking up a bit, with eyes closed, mouth sometimes slightly open gah!!...:drool:

and lately since i only got the 90-2000 vids... Edge's stomping in UTEOTW Zoo TV woo hoo!:drool:

have seen many video clips of the Live Aid leap on TV but would love to have the file--anyone willing to share?

starsgoblue said:
I've just got that little snippet that U2Gran made. I've the DVD itself but no file...

thanks anyway--I just found a friend who has the LiveAid DVD so I'll borrow it this week. :)

ruffian said:

thanks anyway--I just found a friend who has the LiveAid DVD so I'll borrow it this week. :)

Oh, Ruffian!!!! You have never seen LiveAid?

You MUST see it! You MUST!!!!!!!

I suggest watching the whole concert if you have the time, as it was an incredible, historic, wonderful Beautiful Day!!!!

But if you only have a little time, watch U2's life-changing performance about 9 or 10 times, - it is a Spiritual Experience!!!! For those of us who saw Live Aid on July 13, 1985, on TV or at the show, it was unforgettable as a moment in music history... and U2's performance was somehow the whole feeling of the day summed up in one perfect set! That day, U2 threw themselves into people's hearts and minds, and became a HUGE band with that performance! It really must be experienced!

Then you must watch the amazing Wembley Finale. It will make you cry!!!!! It always makes me cry! When Bono sings "Let them know that springtime is coming" and when Bob Geldof shouts "You did great!!!!" to everybody...

Ok, I am now getting choked up and weepy...

Oh, and I also HIGHLY recommend Bob Gelof and The Boomtown Rats' performance, esp. "I Don't Like Mondays"! Oh, man!!! That was Bob's day, and he put his whole soul into that song!

Ok, I am choking up again...

Oh, and Queen's performance!!!! And Elton John and George Michael!!! And U2 again! And then the Wembley finale again, and Sting, and The Pretenders, and Phil Collins....

Ruffian, it was just a brilliant, joyful, hopeful, day!!!!!!

You must watch it! Run, don't walk to see it!!!!!

I want to cry happy tears thinking about it!!!!! I was 13 when I saw it, and everytime I see U2's performance, and any other part of Live Aid, I get chills and my heart wants to burst - I am 13 years old again and it is all brand new and it leaves me breathless and totally moved and dazzled and in awe...

I would love to hear your thoughts once you watch it! :):):)

(ramonaq93@yahoo.com)

ENJOY!

Now I must go run to watch it again myself!!!!!!

Peace and Love,

Jenny
HowthGirl

Hi! I might have read something wrong before - if I did I am sorry!!!!!!

Was it Ruffian or Brightest Star who had not seen Live Aid?

Well, in any case, to whoever has not had the chance to see it yet, I really meant what I said - it it SO worth seeing!!!!

:)

HowthGirl

Back
Top Bottom