Post-Elevation depression setting in....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Ugh.

My elevated week following the boys' escapades from Vegas thru LA to Dallas just last night, has now ended with the bang and the clatter of...real life smacking me in the face. Was it real? Was I really there? Was it all just a fantastic, wonderful dream?

Hmmm...no...there are the wristbands, still on my wrist...there's the heart suitcase on my keychain...there's the mousepad under my computer mouse...and yes, my toes are still numb from standing for hours on end...

*SIGHHHHHHHHHH....* Mrs. Edge was right. You really do go into a funk when your U2 life ends and your real life cranks up again. I don't like it. It's dull, boring, uneventful, and not nearly as much fun as the last week...on top of that I'm PMS-ing which certainly isn't helping my mindset any, AND I am sick once again.
frown.gif
Grrr. Played U2 music all day...but it still didn't help.

I had thought about holding up a sign at last night's show that said "Bono, I want my LIFE back!" but now that I have it back...I changed my mind, I want my U2 life back!!!

I'm also bummed because I fear I may never see my new Interference friends again...

Waah. Will I *ever* feel elevated again???
frown.gif

I know you girls can sympathise with me. So spill it, sistahs.

Depressed Disco

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 11-26-2001).]

I totally undertand. I saw them 3 times in Boston and both nights in Providence and I am dying here
frown.gif
I keep having dreams that I meet Bono (I swear I will one day!). Watching the DVD and listening to Prov make me cry
frown.gif
I can't stand the thought of not seeing them for another couple years. I was definitely spoiled this tour (I only saw them once during Popmart) and I can only imagine what people must feel like in parts of the world where they haven't been in a while. Sigh...at least we have memories...although that is what bothers me...I serioulsy can't really remember the concerts because they were such overwhelming experiences. Anyway, it is sad taht it's over for a while but at least we can band together and keep the feeling alive
wink.gif
I think that is what will make this bearable. Being able to come to Interference and sort of still have the band in your life through rumours and stories will make the time pass more quickly
smile.gif

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

I'm totally with you. And I haven't done the whole follow-the-band-to-several-different-cities thing. Even if they had played for two days I wouldn't have had enough! And now my damn pictures didn't turn out!!!

Leaving the pictures out of this, I know what you're talking about. The guy next to me at the show, during Walk On, said "I don't want this to end!" and he grabbed my shoulder and started jumping up and down.

There's got to be a cure for this post-elevation deflation syndrome! At least the Edge's Sexxxiest Pics thread helped a little...
biggrin.gif

Sorry about the edit. Maybe I should have proof-read this thing before submitting.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by HeartlandGirl (edited 11-26-2001).]

I know what you mean. I know what you all mean! It's so depressing!! I want to go on tour with u2!!

I went to all three LA shows ( I live here) and the Vegas show. Got to see the show twice from the heart.It's been 7 days since the last show I saw on the 19th and it's just starting to sink in that it is over. Even the two days back from work I was still in hyper mode and only just got tired a couple of days ago. Seeing EXIT on Saturday in Newport prolonged the U2 feeling!

It was great meeting all of you at the Hard Rock in Vegas, altho I wasn't there very long. Does anyone have a copy of the picture of all of us that I was in? Haven't seen it posted anywhere.

I'm in a major funk today. I think a glass of red wine will help tonight.
Still in major "recuperation" mode,

oktobergirl

Well, maybe I'm a 'freak', but I'm not depressed-I am SO happy and grateful that I got to see them, and more than once-esp. when you consider how many people wanted to and couldn't.

It's the nature of life that it's 'dull and boring'. But, considering the state of the world today, I'm personally 'elevated' just to wake up and see the sun shining
smile.gif

God's grace 'elevates' me every day-that and playing my U2 CD's and DVD and I'm HAPPY
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Hey girls-
I am most definitely with you too. I saw U2 7 times this year, but my "U2 week" was 2 shows in LA and then a day off before 2 shows in Oakland, and I swear I looked so forward to this, and it was over in a flash. And I have really been suffering ever since. It has totally depressed me, I spent more money than I should've which has me in a hole, now that "real life" settled back in, and I have NO idea when the boys will be back, I just pray its not years. I can't help but think the next time they come I'll probably be over 30, which sucks...
Anyways, its good to know I am not alone in my sadness.

Be happy y'all
You got elevated and now you gotta go through the bends.....
Not over til the fat elvis sings

------------------
***Here There and Everywhere***

Unfortunately my doctor wouldn't prescribe anything for this..... apparently she's never heard of "elevation." (Too bad for her!)

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

Hey Oktobergirl! I was there at Exit's show in Newport, too!! Did I meet you? I was with Dana (Moonie), as it was my last night in LA...we were standing right up in front of the band...Dana's friend Liz was the one who got to go up on stage (even tho she's not a U2 fan! *SNORT!*)

I thought Exit was great...told Elvis he needs to put an Exit forum on Interference, as well, hee hee...

and GINA MARIE...it's true. You're a freak (kidding). But a WONDERFUL one!
biggrin.gif
Glad I got to hang with you in Vegas! Hope I can soon join you in being a happy Pleba again soon...

Originally posted by oktobergirl:
I know what you mean. I know what you all mean! It's so depressing!! I want to go on tour with u2!!

Seeing EXIT on Saturday in Newport prolonged the U2 feeling!

oktobergirl

Disco

Disco

Yes, I saw you at the Hard Rock newport and also in Vegas. You were deep in conversaton at the EXIT show so didn't get to talk to you but I did talk to Dana.

I think my friend susan described it best:

"U2 withdrawls. . . it is awful. . . that empty feeling. . . they are my heroin. . . .just one more hit. . just one more.. . . ."

then the follow up by worbit (?):

"*follows Susan* i.....need.....one.....more....hit.....just
one....more........*starts to twitch*......"

I think they definately hit the nail on the head. I am grateful to have been able to see them, oh 6 times. I know that some haven't seen them even once and for them I truly hurt inside. It's just once you go up it's really hard to come down and it all happens so quickly (one day at show the next typing up paper) that you don't have time adjust. It's really harsh, and personally I think it would be less painful to live in Greenland and have no hopes of seeing them at all then to be lifted off then left to your demises. Ok, no I wouldn't trade my four days of camping out, meeting these wonderful people, then listening to the best band in the world for anything.

But I am gonna miss every second I spent in line, every second I spent yelling, singing, jumping, crying, etc at the show. And I'm gonna especially miss every single person I met in line, the thought of never seeing Disco, Moonie, Pub_Crawler, Eliv8, LuvLady, Jason, Jesse, DB9, Mario, Simone, Inca, the Exit girls (alright no I'll see them and most of the LA group but that's only a small part) and all these wonderful people I met in LA and Vegas is beyond scary, it's just wrong. That's really what I'm having a hard time dealing with. Cause I just moved out to LA, no relatives etc, getting drunk at frat parties is not my thing so I don't really have many friends so for about one week I had a family and now it's all over again.

Argh must stop thinking about this, and must stop jumping up and down while I watch my taped Vh1 Elevation special (no DVD yet, 8 Best Buys in the area sold out). My friends all think I'm crazy and they are probably right only I think they are the ones missing out. Oh well leaves more U2 for me.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Three words that help me cope with my PED...

Bootlegs...bootlegs...bootlegs...

Fishy <><

------------------

tonight the moon is a mirrorball
light flickers from across the hall
who'll catch the star when it falls...

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
Three words that help me cope with my PED...

Bootlegs...bootlegs...bootlegs...

Aaah..... I've found my fix.
smile.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

Ohhhh my gosh I'm glad this was posted!! After LA 3 and Phoenix, I was dreading (and I mean DREADING) having to go back to crappy-ass school and people who just don't get it. Blaaaahhh it's been so hard! I think I'm PMSing as well b/c I'm crying about every 10 minutes. I mean, Phoenix was probably the best night of my life- I had sooo much fun, and I just never wanted to leave. I think if I got my hands on that flipping boot it would help a little bit. Dammit girls, dammit! I need help.

Welcome back, Disco!!!! I've missed you around these parts! (((((((Disco))))))))) It was too cool meeting you and the other awesome PLEBAins (? lol) in Vegas! I wish we could all dream it all up again-every week! I had that PED hit me BIG TIME lately, especially knowing Vegas was it for me. Crank up those bootlegs, watch the Elevation DVD, and take plenty of cold medicine and drink hot tea! Get better soon, girl!!

smile.gif

------------------
A vampire or a victim
It depends on who's around

[This message has been edited by LarryMullen's_POPAngel (edited 11-26-2001).]

Yep, i've got it too, Disco! really bad too because I didnt get to go to the concerts i wanted to go to.
But i still had some awesome times! Meeting the band back in April, getting a picture with Larry, meeting Dallas and getting a pic from him, seeing them at the airport and Tonight show, etc.
Not great, but not bad either. I have such high expectations, sigh.
frown.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

DISCO NEEDS THE U2 FUZZIES!!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, capable of scandalizing ScottPhisto with AngelinaLips....
97% compatible with Bono

Proud Owner of the one and only Bon Jovi soap caddy

Love me, give me soul.

The PLEBA Mansion, where the play's the thing...
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/plebamansion

Awwwww, Marina!!!
frown.gif
You're making me so sad reading this... ((((hugs)))) ...I miss you girlie. I feel the same way...the boys are SO BLOODY ADDICTIVE. They are worth all the money, all the travel, the lack of sleep, the bad food in the GA line (or lack of it), the early hours, the chilly temps....because the U2 community and their concerts are probably the closest thing to a piece of heaven I (we) may ever have before I actually get there!

I keep re-darkening my number on the back of my hand from the Dallas show (100!), because I want to keep reminding myself that I *really* was there. What bothers me most is that I have NO ONE here IRL to talk to, gush, squeal, dream, and get excited about U2 with...and trying to explain my obssession to non-U2-ers is difficult, weird, and makes me feel stupid because I usually get this
rolleyes.gif
in response...and mere words can't describe it anyway.

Marina's right...for a week I felt as if I had a family that I really felt a part of (having been pretty much the 'black sheep' of my own family all my life). I also like what Mrs. Edge said in her post-Vegas EYKIW post...that she was spending time and sharing a room with people she'd only known on line...but...that was all okay, because we're all one big U2 'family'!
smile.gif

I miss all you guys!!!!
frown.gif

Originally posted by mbi16:
But I am gonna miss every second ...the thought of never seeing Disco, Moonie, Pub_Crawler, Eliv8, LuvLady, Jason, Jesse, DB9, Mario, Simone, Inca...is beyond scary, it's just wrong. That's really what I'm having a hard time dealing with....for about one week I had a family and now it's all over again.

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 11-26-2001).]

Ahhhh girlies, I went through the same stuff....I was very sad and wanted to cry, like 2 days after I met U2, I was like "I want to touch Larry again!!!!" and stuff like that...it passes, slowly *hugs*

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Originally posted by Discoteque:
I keep re-darkening my number on the back of my hand from the Dallas show (100!), because I want to keep reminding myself that I *really* was there. What bothers me most is that I have NO ONE here IRL to talk to, gush, squeal, dream, and get excited about U2 with...and trying to explain my obssession to non-U2-ers is difficult, weird, and makes me feel stupid because I usually get this
rolleyes.gif
in response...and mere words can't describe it anyway.

Baaahhhh Disco! I haven't washed the top part of my hand since Phoenix! I never thought about the re-darkening thing...*reaches for sharpie*
And I totally hear ya on the "no one understanding" thing. I'm going into great detail about the entire concert and all I get is "oh, cool!" Or "wow..you're obsessed." or something. Blah it sucks.

Well, I am sure I will be joining this support group this coming Saturday...I started to go through my withdrawls in March after I saw them, I did not think I would have an opprotunity to see them live again until their next tour...thankfully they are coming back...
smile.gif

I just found online the setlist from my first U2 concert back in 1992...This makes me very happy and while listening to this it is bringing back my Senior Year in High School...So even when their tour is long gone, you have the concert memories and songs to bring back happy times in your life...
smile.gif

{{{Hugs}}} for Disco....believe me I know what you're talking about. I'm in serious withdrawl too!!
shakehead.gif
I want that high I was on the whole Vegas weekend, I want the band right there in front of me again. I've been a massive fan for about 3 years but to finally see them and hear them live was just overwhelming you know. It's awful to not know when I'll be able to feel that luv again.

I had the same problem as you with no-one understanding my U2 "thing", until recently that is. None of my friends IRL were fans so it sucked not having anyone to share stuff with. But now I have friends online, particularly Kevin (Eliv8) who I can blab to about U2 related nonsense. I can't tell you how great it is to have someone who actually 'gets' it.

There's one thing I know for sure though and that's that we will see each other again. An interferencers reunion anyone??? It will happen someday I'm sure.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Marina - {{{hugs}}}} If you ever want to talk you know you can e-mail me, angelofperth@hotmail.com.

Ah look LuvLaday joined the party!!!! {{{{HUGS}}}} to everyone.

*wondering why pharmaceuticals haven't developed a post elevation pill* Seriously you would think those greedy bastards would have jumped on the idea.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

I totally feel your pain Disco!

My last shows were in Providence, and while I feel very very lucky to have been able to see those shows etc, I was a rotten bitch for the following week...it's such a high being in the GA line, the heart etc... it's hard to come down from.
The same thing happened with me after Chicago too - only it was a little easier that time around because I knew I had providence to look forward to.
Plus it's a bummer not knowing when and if you'll see any of the friends you've made through the concerts again... I've made many through the boards and lines etc, it's a little sad not being able to see them all on a regular basis!

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

Back
Top Bottom