Possible Bono appearance Nov 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rihannsu

Refugee
Just found this online and it mentions that Bono is supposed to be a guest.

US-Based Bollywood On-Demand Service to Sponsor 'Faces of India' YouthAIDS Gala on November 2nd
TinselVision to broadcast YouthAIDS public service announcements via its online video service to South Asian entertainment fans throughout 2008
By PR Newswire

WASHINGTON and MUMBAI, India, Oct. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- (www.tinselvision.com) TinselVision, a new online service which delivers premium Bollywood movies and Indian TV, music and sporting events to South Asian audiences, today announced its sponsorship of the 2007 YouthAIDS Gala. Dubbed "Faces of India," the A-List Washington event will be hosted by Hollywood actress and YouthAIDS Global Ambassador, Ashley Judd, and will take place November 2, 2007, at the Ritz Carlton in McLean, VA.

"We are honored to recognize the social and corporate contributions of Chase Weir and TinselVision in the fight against AIDS," said Kate Roberts, YouthAIDS founder and Director. "Through education and prevention, we have a real opportunity to avert the HIV/AIDS emergency, particularly in India and South Asia. The work of active good citizens and corporate donors such as Chase Weir and TinselVision is desperately needed. They are setting important examples of innovative responses to saving our future generations from this pandemic."

In addition to sponsoring a full table at the event, TinselVision has committed to broadcast YouthAIDS service announcements globally through 2008. The company will also support the media requirements of this year's gala and, look to leverage its viral marketing know-how in support of this most worthy and important cause. The company's Chairman and CEO, Chase Weir, is asking individuals and corporations with means in Bollywood and Hollywood, and beyond, to do the same and more.

"We have made a somewhat difficult decision - using precious invested working capital from our socially conscious investors to fulfill our commitments to YouthAIDS - even before we launch our entertainment services and begin to generate revenues," offers Weir. Adding, "We believe this strongly in the cause and the tireless work of YouthAIDS. If our board and investors can adopt this incremental risk to our market outcomes and, by so doing, reduce the risk of HIV/AIDS, it's a compelling and obliging trade we welcome. We only hope those with the ability to mitigate these health and human tragedy risks at greater scale take note of the example, and act even more boldly."

Speaking of the decision to sponsor the event, Tinsel board director and investor and, Chairman of Innovative Energy Group, Muhammad Rafique, said, "Our investments are naturally profit-driven, but our hearts and our resources are always behind such honorable causes. While some might consider it early for TinselVision(TM) to be taking on significant community involvements, we elected without hesitation to support the chairman's request to support this event and YouthAIDS on a continuing basis."

The YouthAids Gala 2007 is themed, Faces of India, with an emphasis on Hollywood Meets Bollywood. Shelia C. Johnson and Honorable William T. Newman, Vicki and Roger Sant and Sudhakar Shenoy are the Gala Chairs this year.

Ashley Judd will be joined by honored guest, Bono, along with performances by Michael McDonald, Russell Peters and DJ Rekha. Special guests include Miss India Puja Gupta and Emmy Rossum, with an opening message from His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.

About TinselVision

TinselVision(TM), a trademarked service of Tinsel Cinema, LLC, is a Washington, DC and Mumbai, India-based premium VoD provider scheduled to launch its niche service in October, 2007. TinselVision will deliver Bollywood and South Asian movies, television series and sporting events via IPTV to PCs, laptops, TVs and mobile devices to South Asian households in the US, UK, Canada, and globally. The service seeks to provide nearly 10 million viewers with choice, affordability, control and convenience through on-demand access to one of the largest libraries of South Asian content while offering a new and lucrative distribution channel to content producers and owners. Tinsel Cinema also owns the rights to desivision.tv(TM), in addition to Veodi(TM), ChannelMine(TM) and Crossover to(TM) and, Everywhere. All the Time(TM). www.tinselvision.com

About YouthAIDS

YouthAIDS, an education and prevention initiative of PSI, Population Services International, uses media, pop culture, music, theatre and sport to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS and reach 600 million young people in more than 60 countries with life-saving messages, products, services and care. www.youthaids.org

SOURCE TinselVision

Dana

Hmmm, makes sense since Ashley is hosting.

But .... Bono, shouldn't you be back in a Dublin recording studio in November?!?! :shame:

last unicorn said:
Hmmm, makes sense since Ashley is hosting.

But .... Bono, shouldn't you be back in a Dublin recording studio in November?!?! :shame:

Well maybe that his last on the way back to Dublin. I think he is in Vegas on the 31st of October so if he hits NY on his way back then on to Dublin he'd be back in the studio probably on the 3rd. They just said November but didn't specify when in Nov or for how long Lanios and Eno would be there. I think they usually do about two weeks at a time.

Dana

For a second I thought Bono was gonna actually visit India! :ohmy: I'm sure they'll make it there at some point.

unico said:
nm. plans have changed :sad: but on the plus side i can be there for this now! patti, you're coming along, because i said so!

It’ll depend on want time the shindig goes down.

Whenever Bono hits DC, I always find out after the fact. Thanks for the heads up! If any of the lucky ladies who met him in Philly want to meet up at this event, please let us know. I haven't seen him up close and personal since the Unforgettable Fire Tour. Back then I was too cool and acted like it was no big deal meeting the band. What was I thinking???????

so here's the info i found:

Friday, November 2, 2007

The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
McLean, Virginia

6:30 PM Reception
7:30 PM Dinner & Dancing

Attire: Hollywood Meets Bollywood

tix are like $10,000.

unico said:
so here's the info i found:

Friday, November 2, 2007

The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
McLean, Virginia

6:30 PM Reception
7:30 PM Dinner & Dancing

Attire: Hollywood Meets Bollywood

tix are like $10,000.

yeah... I'll take two as well.....

unico said:
:bump: :hyper:
so what's the deal? is anybody going or do i get b to myself on friday? :shifty:

I'd go with you if I could Unico! Dang, our paths never cross, but we're soooo close!

:sad:

Is Bono in DC?

Does anybody know if Bono is there? I live about 5 miles away, and was thinking about dropping by the Ritz Bar to see if he was there.

Thanks,

Kevin

If you are only 5 miles away, what does it hurt to go and check it out. I'd go, but I'm probably about 3000 miles away :wink:

Well gang we went, but had no luck. We heard that Bono was there. My wife and I went to the Bar and had drinks and dessert hoping that he would pass by after the event, but no such luck. Oh well, there is always next time.

Back
Top Bottom