Portland pics from the ellipse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miroslava said:
ixxrlw.jpg

Picture courtesy of David Klatt

Hi from Holland!

:wave:

I just had to come to see if there were pics out there of everyone holding the signs.
And this is one of the first ones that I see.
WOW!!!
It's AMAZING!

:heart: it.

:combust:

:faint:

Lila64 said:

I'm amazed. I guess after so many shows, you get to know the crew well - is this due to pre-show lining up and meet & greets? Or how is that? Just curious. Happy for you all :hug:

I've never talked to any crew members. But when you are there, you get to see them hard at work and people in the know just end up pointing out their names. I always figure that they are working so I never really tried to hold any conversation with them. I have only been to 2 loading docks when the band has come out, and 2 with just quick drive by-s, so never really got to meet anyone there either. Not that there is time. :lol:

The most I ever talked to anyone has probably been John Sampson (Bono's security guy) after he hauled my butt up and down the stage in Cleveland just to thank him and remark on his Samson like feat of strenght. And that was minimal at best...

Then the same thing with David Gueyer (?) (Larry's guy) after he did the same in Chicago as well as the one time I hit him in the elbow with my camera :yikes:

As for Dallas, who knows, but that was crazy. I think he probably recognizes me :reject: This was the second time he made a specific bee-line for me (the prior time in Pittsburgh) but that first time I was indeed looking up looking for a pick.

As for the Allison I mentioned, Lila is right, I meant Allison that "ran" the line, not Ali. If it had been the real Ali, I probably would have blushed and hid my face just in case she caught the neck kiss and she recognized me :reject:

:lol:

And Miri, thanks again! Sadly, most of your handy work ended up in the seats since @u2 had no one up there to distribute signs, so we divided it that way. But the end result was the same! :hug:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:

I've never talked to any crew members. But when you are there, you get to see them hard at work and people in the know just end up pointing out their names.

Reminds me of the conversation I had with my sister before the Tampa show:

Me: *sees Sam walk by* "That's Sam."

Kerry: "Who's Sam?"

Me: "Sam is Larry's drumtech."

Kerry: "Have you met him?"

Me: "Well . . . no."

Kerry: "Then how do you know who he is?"

Me: "I just, well, know. From other people, etc."

Kerry: "Oh, there he goes again. Should we say hi?"

Me: "No, don't bother him."

Kerry: "Hiiiiiiiiiii Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!!!!"

Me: :reject:

kellyahern said:
Bono belt :drool: (for Souly :) )
bf2e0b6d.jpg

photos by Catzy

e6c0090e.jpg

Dallas got to be the "G" :cute:

Wow, thanks for posting my pics Kelly! By the way, sam was right in front of us early on checking larry's kit for the catwalk, and i said hi... i've met a bunch of the crew, nicest people.
Catz

kellyahern said:

I hope you didn't mind :reject:.
No, it was really nice to see. i got so few good shots, but they were right in front of me and not moving :) wish the band would do that!

Back
Top Bottom