PopWhore and I got Larry's Drumsticks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
Last night was just mind-blowing, and to top it off, we got Larry's sticks!!!!!!! He was totally digging our signs last night, and he was in such a good mood, smiling and laughing
(can you believe it?). After Walk On, he came over to the stage in front of me, scooted his fine ass down, and with a huge fucking smile, gave me my stick, then gave one to April!!!!! The first thing I did was stick it between my teeth, turn around, and show my sign to everyone else behind me in the heart!! Everyone was cheering and asking to touch it. I told them--I was either expecting a lap dance or a drumstick...and you can't win em all! I am still in shock...anyway, just had to share. Hopefully we'll hear from Ms. April soon!! She and Kathleen will be at the show again tonight!!!!

THANKS LARRY!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's Drumstick!

Still Elevated...

YES!!! I WAS THERE LAST NIGHT TOO!!!

I saw your sign!! I was sitting behind the stage!! and I am SO INCREDIBLY JEALOUS. He looked so good last night... *sigh* I wish I could have met them... we waited out there before the show for 2 and a half hours and they couldn't stop because they were running late. *sob* I'm disappointed about that... and I'm SO jealous you had something that great happen to you!! *fume* Ok, I'm better now... I'm glad you had a great experience.
smile.gif

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
U2's Heartland

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
BYW Anitram--did you make a sign too??

Yep.

It was in the shape of a suitcase, complete with the heart and everything. One side said: "Mr. Mullen, can we have your sticks, please?" and the other said "Thank U." (the Thank U was inside the heart of the suitcase.

Unfortunately 2 huge vulture guys tried to take it out of Larry's hand, but he swatted their arms away and made sure I got it.
smile.gif

I'm so happy for you guys!!!! If I saw Larry coming my way I think I'd start running, good job you all stayed.

Hey what's this stories about one of you also getting press passes I read on another thread? If it's not a rumor that would be awesome.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Oh my gosh guys!!!! That is the coolest thing ever! So happy for you! Not to mention jealous! Congrats! Ya deserve it!!
pic85.gif

All our PLEBA girls are gettin' lucky!
*wonders if she has a chance*

I am still gushing!!!

LadyLemon~ is his drumstick signed? i was wondering if it was engraved w/ his name the way Adam's picks have his signature on them w/ red writing?
smile.gif
very curious!!

------------------
Love is a temple
Love the higher law

Go baby! -->* www.u2takemehigher.com *<--Updated w/ new song!

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
i was wondering if it was engraved w/ his name the way Adam's picks have his signature on them w/ red writing?
smile.gif
very curious!!

It's engraved with "Larry Mullen Jnr."

AWESOME!!!! *cries* I want onneeeeeee!

------------------
God Bless America and my city, NYC!

"Do you hear the words that are comin' outta my mouth?"

AH, how cool!!!!! Bonovoix saw my sign!!!!
But wasn't the show amazing??? I can't wait to get the boot...

biggrin.gif

Yes, just like Anitram said--it's got the Larry Mullen Jnr. on it.
smile.gif

------------------

Still Elevated...

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oh, my goodness, you are so unbelievably lucky!!!!!!!!!!!! Normally, I would be so jealous of you, but I know you worked your asses off to get them, and as a U2 & Larry fan, all I can do it give you some love........

And you have proof that they are his 'cause his name is on them..... I heard that he gets them custom made 'cause he has tendonitis..............

So what are you gonna do with the sticks now? Are you gonna hide them away or put them in a glass case in your living room? j/k ~ I would do that 'cause I'd be pretty fucking proud to have them. Hell, if I had them I'd have them put in my coffin w/ me.........

~*~*~*~ Life, Love, & Larry ~*~*~*~

------------------
"Coming to a rock n' roll show and watching television, what more could you ask for?" ~ Larry
"Surely, there must be more to it than that" ~ Kurt Loder
"Don't call me Shirley." ~ Larry

"Well, the the seats are behind the stage...." ~ My dad
"So? I get to stare at Larry's ass for 2 hours!" ~ My mom

[This message has been edited by wildhoney22 (edited 10-16-2001).]

Hmmm...POP Whore doesn't live far from me...

*races out to my car to drive to POP Whore's so that I can touch Larry's stick*

Oooh...his hot, sweaty hands were drumming with that...*drool*

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know that half of it...

Actually I wanted to sleep with it last night...lol. I guess I did--I was holding it the entire 4 1/2 hr drive back from Chicago...I finally drifted off with it in my hands.

My cousin told me to put it in a glass case or something. I don't know about that...I like having it around so I can touch it! I'm such a nerd.

smile.gif

------------------

Still Elevated...

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Hmmm...POP Whore doesn't live far from me...

*races out to my car to drive to POP Whore's so that I can touch Larry's stick*

Oooh...his hot, sweaty hands were drumming with that...*drool*

*is knocked unconscious by the innuendo*

GETCHOHANDS OFF HIS STICK!! *has scandalized herself*

------------------
~*Mona*~ Shamrock n' roller
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

"Have you been to church? This is church." ~Bono~

OMG!!!
smile.gif

That is so awesome that he gave you his drumsticks!!! A rare occasion!
eek.gif

And they are ENGRAVED WITH HIS NAME??? *faint*
So jealous!
But I am so happy for you guys!
smile.gif

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

*Larry's always been noticed cause he's the pretty one*

"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them...as if this wasn't enough?"
Larry: "Something they can take home with them?...I'm not taking off my clothes."--MuchMusic tv show, May 2001

Originally posted by bluesky:
OMG!!!
smile.gif

That is so awesome that he gave you his drumsticks!!! A rare occasion!
eek.gif

And they are ENGRAVED WITH HIS NAME??? *faint*
So jealous!
But I am so happy for you guys!
smile.gif

Hey bluesky ~ I heard that they are always engraved w/ his name 'cause they're custom made! OMG! Isn't that awesome?????!!!!!

------------------
"Coming to a rock n' roll show and watching television, what more could you ask for?" ~ Larry
"Surely, there must be more to it than that" ~ Kurt Loder
"Don't call me Shirley." ~ Larry

"Well, the the seats are behind the stage...." ~ My dad
"So? I get to stare at Larry's ass for 2 hours!" ~ My mom

~LadyLemon~,

Did people try to steal yours from you?

2 huge guys tried to take the stick from Larry's hand in Hamilton, and he had to swat their arms away to make sure I was the one who got it. Some people are such vultures.

Anitram--

A guy in front of me tried to get it, but he shook his head and said something like--this is for you...

smile.gif

------------------

Still Elevated...

Congrats!! you must feel like being in 7th Heaven...

Hope my dreams come true as yours !
smile.gif

------------------
Dilbert: Is there more to life than just working?
Dogbert: Yes, there's also the complaining about work, the nightly periods of unconsciousness and sweet, sweet death.
Dilbert: Maybe I should have kids.
Dogbert: To share the joy? ...

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
Hey bluesky ~ I heard that they are always engraved w/ his name 'cause they're custom made! OMG! Isn't that awesome?????!!!!!
It could't be anything less than custom made for HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS LARRY!! I'm sure he's dreamt about having custom drumsticks since he started the band. J/K!!!
smile.gif

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

*Larry's always been noticed cause he's the pretty one*

"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them...as if this wasn't enough?"
Larry: "Something they can take home with them?...I'm not taking off my clothes."--MuchMusic tv show, May 2001

Cool!
cool.gif
Congratulations, always happy to hear of someone's U2 dream coming true!!
smile.gif

Same thing happened to me in Hamilton!
biggrin.gif

What did your sign say?

My sign was soo crappy, but it worked!!!!
It said (it was neon green):

LARRY--
WE'VE BEEN HERE SINCE 5 A.M.!
CAN WE HAVE YOUR DRUMSTICKS?
PLEASE...
smile.gif

Yes, there was a smiley at the end. April's sign was less desperate, I think it said, Larry, can I please have a drumstick?
smile.gif

------------------

Still Elevated...

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 10-16-2001).]

awesome! wow, larry's been so *nice* lately- perhaps that meanie thing is just a facade! anyway, congrats, LadyLemon! i'd love to see some photos if you took any...
smile.gif

Thanks!!
smile.gif

I'm hoping that someone got a picture of that...my friends were too in shock to take a picture. I'm hoping that Otto got one because he was right behind me. We shall see....

------------------

Still Elevated...

Back
Top Bottom