Popmart at Kmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I know if there's one place I can get this, is here, in PLEBA :happy:

a friend of mine is making some work that involves U2 Popmart tour, and she needs photos from the Popmart presentation at
Kmart

you've helped me before, girls, and I know you can help me now

PS: if you have the photos I'm looking for, please, that they don't be all about Bono's ass or Adam's hair :happy: .. thanks

I have a picture of the Kmart itself a friend took on a trip to NYC. How about that?

popk.jpg

Last edited:
eh... no.... we need the actual Popmart presentation... I'm sure someone must have that in photos...

Cool! Were you there when he was there?

I'm still looking for more pics..

Is this one?

pop024-vi.jpg

sniff-vi.jpg

pband2-vi.jpg

That's all I have, surely someone has the shopping cart one.

Last edited:
caragriff said:

No - I was not working there yet during Popmart.
I don't have any photos saved from it, but there is one shot where they are exiting the subway station (Astor Place) before they enter K-Mart, and I think of them every day when I see that station.

That's cool!Can you see your work in the pic I posted?

yes, above the kmart "k sign" is the office building. k-mart just has the ground floor and a basement floor below it. the whole building is historic. it used to be an old department store in nyc called wanamaker's. it's at 9th street and broadway, Astor Place stop off the 6 train in case anyone visits NYC and wants to check out K-Mart :)

http://www.nyc-architecture.com/GON/GON030.htm

Mucca said:
campbells.jpg

is this the shopping cart one that you're refering to U2kitten?

I've seen this pic several times and I keep waiting for more than just the tip of Bono's hoodie to appear.

Does a complete copy of this photo exist anywhere?

:confused:

PopDaisy said:

I've seen this pic several times and I keep waiting for more than just the tip of Bono's hoodie to appear.

Does a complete copy of this photo exist anywhere?

:confused:

Wait...so that black thing in the shopping cart is Bono??

Carmelu2fan said:
It looks like they are in the ladies lingerie section too:ohmy:
:lmao:
:drool:

They were in the ladies lingerie section... :D

I was there and took some photos myself, I'll see if I can find them, although they aren't very good at all, IIRC.

I did locate a couple...like I said, not the greatest shots but hey... Also these were scanned on an old and cheap scanner for early '97 computers and easier downloading. Suppose I could re-scan them better now. Anyway...

POPCON1.jpg

POPCON3.jpg

Pop Artist said:

I was there and took some photos myself

That's so cool that you were there for this! What was it like? Anything special, or was it pretty much like everything we've read or seen on television, over the years? Any neat stories or something of the sort?

Wow!! Cool :D

I am very surprised that that black thing below the picture is Bono!! :ohmy: Oddly enough I had never seen the black thing, :lol:

Anyone has a complete picture then?? :)

Pop Artist said:
I did locate a couple...like I said, not the greatest shots but hey... Also these were scanned on an old and cheap scanner for early '97 computers and easier downloading. Suppose I could re-scan them better now. Anyway...

POPCON1.jpg

POPCON3.jpg

WHOA!!! Ladies undergarments surrounding the boys!!!:giggle:
*must block out those thoughts*

Thank you Pop Artist:up:

Back
Top Bottom