Pop Candy's "Sexiest Man of the Year"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
I thought this post/thread was more relevant here in PLEBA than in EYKIW, even if less people read it. :sexywink:

Whitney Matheson has an article called "Pop Candy" that is featured as part of Yahoo. Her articles are light-hearted and fun and mildly entertaining. No gossip - just her facts and opinions.

In this article she discusses her picks for what she feels are the men that should be considered for People Magazine's "Sexiest Man of the Year" award. She eschews choices like Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise, partly because she's already sure they'll be "nominated", but also because they've won it previously. Instead, her list is quite intriguing - especially her #1 choice.

I'll let you all read and decide if she's right. :)

I think Bono would be a great choice - why not nominate the entire band?:wink:

I think Jon Stewart should be on that list too:drool:

I think people are starting to realize that there is a difference between good looking and sexy - I'll take sexy any day

Last edited:
Just keep in mind, this is Whitney Matheson's personal list and probably no reflection of who People Magazine will ultimately choose. And that is a bit sad - as Matheson's choices are FAR better than the usual. I may be a man, but I can recognize good looks, good physique or sex appeal in another man - and her list is a good one.

Now... for sexiest woman... :hmm: ;)

Miroslava said:
:yes:

With a certain Mr. Clayton giving him a run for his money :wink:

Yes ...Adam Clayton is the sexiest man of the year!!! :love:

I :heart: :adam: The Silver Fox baby!

Bono's big heart and soul should be enough to get him the Sexiest Man Alive vote (in my book, anyway). Doesn't hurt that he's got gorgeous blues eyes and a dimpled chin, either. :wink:

doctorwho said:
I personally don't see what makes Adam so sexy to y'all. And I'm not fond of his grey hair one bit. But then, I guess I just ain't a PLEBA gal. ;)

The way he carries himself, his stance while playing bass, his laidback don't sweat it personality, sense of humor, and well, the accent.

The poshest member of U2, whose instrument holds mysterious powers over womenfolk.

He's aging quite gracefully.

Hear hear to the number one pick! I've said before that Bono should be in there...always wondered why he hasn't been :scratch:. A great deal of the guys that DO get put in the "Sexiest Man Alive" list don't do anything for me...I've got a list of guys I would be quite happy to see there, and Bono would for sure be among them :yes:.

We should definitely write to People about this or something...

Angela

bono should definitely be topped at one.
it should be a law that he is number one sexiest man. :angry:

it seems as if some of the other men on the list aren't even attractive enough to make the list :huh:
but then again, bono is number one. tough competition. :hmm:

doctorwho said:
I personally don't see what makes Adam so sexy to y'all. And I'm not fond of his grey hair one bit. But then, I guess I just ain't a PLEBA gal. ;)
For me its his, erm.... Instrument. :flirt: :ohmy:

But seriously, who can deny the sexy power of the bass guitar. :wink:

The fricking public doesn't even know Adam Clayton, man. I was watching the U2 grammy acceptance speech for Vertigo on u2exit and Adam got cut off after Larry's apology to the fans! WHAT DID HE SAY?

Adam is my Sexiest Man Alive.

btw, doc Who, I love the 2nd pic in your siggie. Pity we cant see eye-to-eye on Adam

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:
Hear hear to the number one pick! I've said before that Bono should be in there...always wondered why he hasn't been :scratch:. A great deal of the guys that DO get put in the "Sexiest Man Alive" list don't do anything for me...I've got a list of guys I would be quite happy to see there, and Bono would for sure be among them :yes:.

We should definitely write to People about this or something...

Angela

Well said Angie:yes:
Bono should def be number 1!!!!
With Adam at number 2
Lars at # 3 and
Edge at # 4

Most of the guys on that list are ok, I guess:huh:
Looks more like a popularity poll than a true sexy/ hottie poll:shrug:

i_love_adam said:
The fricking public doesn't even know Adam Clayton, man. I was watching the U2 grammy acceptance speech for Vertigo on u2exit and Adam got cut off after Larry's apology to the fans! WHAT DID HE SAY?

Adam is my Sexiest Man Alive.

btw, doc Who, I love the 2nd pic in your siggie. Pity we cant see eye-to-eye on Adam

Given that I'm a ma. perhaps it's a good thing we don't see eye to eye on Adam. After all, that just means more of Adam's "instrument" for you! :wink:

elevation2u said:
what about springsteen? :angry:

Bono, Adam Clayton, and Bruce.

If they're not the Three Sexiest Men Alive, they are the Three Sexiest Men in Rock.

For me, anyway. :drool:

Last edited:
People picks the same people every year, and then switch their numbers around. UGH! I'd like some variation please...

Put the guys in there and other people who aren't as ugly as the peeps at People think.

</bitter rant> :lol:

Back
Top Bottom