PLEBA's very own Boomspeed account!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Hi PLEBA people :wave: I just set up a boomspeed account for those of you who need it! I know most of you have some way to host your pics, but a lot of people need a place to host their avatars or sigs, or to post a pic they can't attach or one from another site that will not allow linking.

Here's how it works:

Go to http://www.boomspeed.com

click on 'manage your exisiting account'

enter username PLEBA and password - pics

You will be able to click browse and upload from your computer and then the pic will have an addy that is postable here! It will always be http://www.boomspeed.com/PLEBA/yourpicsname.jpg/gif and add the

around the addy leaving no spaces. You're in business! :yes:

Some nice rules:

1. There is only a 1 MEG space limit, so watch it. If you go over and stay over they will bust you and shut the account down:(

2. Since a lot of people are likely to use it, be considerate. Don't upload too much at once, and if it's something really big, delete it when its thread drops to like the third page to make room for more stuff. Please don't fill it up with a lot of off topic stuff.

3. Remember everyone will have access to this account. Please be nice and don't delete other people's stuff. Don't delete the index or we can't see the pic names. If you have your own site/hosting service, please save the space for the girls (or guys) who really need it, thanks.

4. If you have any questions I'm sure me or one of the other Boomspeed ladies can answer them so post them here and I'll keep checking for them. If it's something really hard, they have a question and answer forum on their site. You can click on the main page to get there. If you need to ask each other stuff (like, who's got that great big pic clogging up the space that she never uses, could it please be deleted) post that here too.

I want everyone to know that I did this with only the best and most helpful intentions, and I hope it doesn't cause any trouble. If any of the mods don't want us to do this, please let me know.

Happy posting! :up:

Sorry about the 'rules thing, they should be suggestions, but whatever, knock yourselves out and enjoy posting pics! :)

I just found out I have to go to out of town for a few days due to unfortunate family problems :( Might not have any internet access the rest of the week, so if you have any problems in the meantime someone else can help, or I'll help when I get back.

:wave: :hug:

I got it to work by typing in PLEBA as all lowercase letters: pleba

It happened to me when I got my account and tried to type Sweepie but it wouldn't accept it until I tried sweepie. That must have something to do with it. If you type in pleba and password pics it will open. See I uploaded this pic let's see if it will post!

02bonoface.jpg

I've never seen that pic, Sweepie. :ohmy:

And thanx for telling what I did wrong. :hug:

Mmm that is a good pic Sweepie! :drool:

It's weird how stuff is case sensitive. I could sign into boomspeed but my pics would not post! They were only a red x until I kept editing to see what was wrong. I was typing the name BrittanyNova but when I made it brittanynova they showed up! Maybe boomspeed has something against capital letters :scratch:

Sorry about the capital letter thing. It is working if anyone wants to use it.

Back
Top Bottom