PLEBAns... I need your help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
I sooooo just saw me in the DirectTV version of the MTV Jammed special... right before they come back for Out of Control, as the crowd is chanting "one more song" the camera goes on me holding up a double fisted :rockon:... one hand in a U, the other in a 2.

have any of you downloaded this yet? and/or what program do you use to get screen caps so I can rip it myself?

muchos muchos gracias... :rockon:

Am on it :D

Bsplayer or Intervideo will work in case you get to it first :)

A couple were posted in the other thread.
BrooklynBridge.jpg

Oh lord... I just saw myself screaming... missed that yesterday when I was fast forwarding... :ohmy: :mad:

Found you!

513fop

That is SOOO COOL!....I was interviewed by the local Los Angeles TV station during the LA dress rehersal!! I never saw the interview but people were coming up to me during the LA shows saying they remember me from the interview...Well they recognized my Black cowboy tour hat!!!:wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
I sooooo just saw me in the DirectTV version of the MTV Jammed special... right before they come back for Out of Control, as the crowd is chanting "one more song" the camera goes on me holding up a double fisted :rockon:... one hand in a U, the other in a 2.
Headache - I was hoping you'd post about that! :) I watched it for the first time Friday night at midnight and when they cut to the shot you're in, I said out loud, "Oh man! There's Headache in a Suitcase - too cool!!" Needless to say, Mr. Blu (who is taking baby steps towards U2 fandom & doesn't recognize the lyric or the screen name I'm talking about) looked at me like I had three heads & had to ask me "what the Hell" I was talking about!!! :lol:

After I stopped giggling, I explained myself. To which he replied, "Oh - it's one of your Blue Crack buddies." Then, oddly, he just shook his head & walked out of the den...... :shrug: :lmao:

I thought it was really cool to recognize someone I've never met in person & I knew you'd be excited when you saw it, Headache.
I kept looking for other familiar faces, 'cuz I know there were at least 3 or 4 Interference members at the show, but then I remembered that I don't know what Miroslava or any of the others look like! Oh well - I've got all month to figure it out & spot them! :up: :rockon: :dancing:

I was hoping that Headache, ree and others would get some screen time in this longer version, and I was glad to see that they did...

And this is me
http://home.comcast.net/~slava77/Bono/IWF.gif
http://tinypic.com/50s2us

It was strange to have people recognize me while hanging out in the line :p I even had a really nice girl that LIVES in Uruguay recognize me :ohmy:

And of course, the girl with the film crew that recognized me immediately as she was involved with the editing :D

:ohmy: Oooohhhhhhhhh - the girl with the cool earrings that they kept coming back to was YOU!!! :giggle: :cool:

OK - that's 2 people now I've seen in the footage that I "know". It's almost enough to help me get over the fact that I couldn't be there... NOT!!! :wink:
It is enough for me to feel a little more connected the world's greatest band's greatest fans. :D :up:

By the way.... where WAS ree during the show? And has anybody seen her here lately? :shrug:

Now, her - I was realllllly jealous of! Just hopped on a plane (in Alabama, wasn't it?) Sunday with her best friend & the HOPE that they'd get to see a rumored concert in New York on Monday evening. :ohmy: What cojones!! :up: :D

Ree is around, I sent her some caps... At the show, initially, she was one person over to my left... so from left to right you see girl with short hair, myself, short haired blonde (ree's friend) and the ree... later in the show, there was a girl that wiggled her way in between ree's friend and I...

longbrooklyn3.jpg

And yes, ree, ladywiththespinninghead, myself and others just hoped on planes/drove when the rumor started circulating... best idea I have ever had! :D

My mom laughs about the earrings and how visible they are... when ther show first aired she asked me if I was still going to wear them or if they were going to be kept in a safe... :wink:

I wear them...

Last edited:
I have no idea what she looks like... didn't actually meet her, but yes, if you are around, time to post a pic Missy! :D

Oh-oh, now you all know I`m a closet Pleban! :wink:

This is sooooooooooo cool if true - unfortunately I don`t have Direct TV so can`t watch it...:(

I only have one pic of me with glasses and ponytail (that`s my hop on a plane to see U2 in the heat of a moment style!) so I hope it gives you an idea (I`m not good at posting pics, 1 sec!):

3438972%3B23232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E233%3C%3D%3B95%3D72%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232373392%3A558ot1lsi

Last edited:
Sounds like Headache is right then! :D

Will look for you.. don't have access to my DVD (and probably won't this week) house-sitting/dog-sitting at my parents...

No problem!!!

I was at the tip of the heart for Slane 2 & still have no idea if you can see me in it - it`s been 3 years, I think I can wait a week for this! ;)

but yes, verrrry cool if so!!!! although I don`t think anyone is in it as much as you Miroslava!!

:reject:

My mom mailed my grandma a copy of the 1/2 hour version when it first aired and she pronounced I was in it more than Bono... :rolleyes:

I didn't even know my grandma knew who Bono was :cute:

My mom is over there visiting now and I believe she burnt a crapload of copies of it to give to the relatives...

I am expecting a call from grandma any day now... :D

Last edited:
^ Too funny!! You must have the hippest family, Miro -- my gran certainly wouldn't have known who Bono is! :D

I don't have a way to record the show, so if someone burns a copy, I'd certainly be interested in working out a trade of some kind. :up:

Hmmm so Julie.. whereabouts were you standing at the show?

And oh sweet lord.. I just heard a high pitched squeal after Out of Control and it seems to be emanating from me :huh:

I do love the one RIGHT before he starts playing mystery girl when he's adjusting his rosary... that would be me...and the he growl... :drool: I swear I saw a lot more neck when he pulled on his shirt from my vantage point :reject:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
Hmmm so Julie.. whereabouts were you standing at the show?

For most of the show, I was actually near the sound & lighting thingy in the middle of the field (there was a ledge there that let me see better) so I'd be really surprised if I made it to this DVD considering it sounds like most of the shots were of the front row.

The MTV guy did promise my interview would make some kind of cut though seeing how I had flown in from Ottawa based purely on a rumour...but no suck luck :mad:

Back
Top Bottom