Pleban party - in our wildest dreams...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russty Cat said:
The memories keep me going too though. I think that's what can be so amazing about life. You can create this amazing memories to look back on that will always make you smile.

I can remember clear as day the look on my mums face when she told me to remember to brush my teeth, feed the dog, and remember to always tell my brothers that she loved them very much. Man when she came out of surgery and was alive and awake, I was sitting there. She looked at me and said "Well hell, I guess I have to feed the damn dog now." We started laughing so hard I cried. I asked her years later if she thought she was going to die. She said yes that she really thought it was the end. When I left home at a young age, she would always send me cards where ever I was in the world that would just say "Remember to brush your teeth! love you, Mom"

:heart:

My mom's dad died when she was thirteen, in an accident during a response to a fire (he was a firefighter back in the day when they still rode on the back of the truck) and so she has always made a point to teach us all to say I love you every time we leave/say goodbye. Because she didn't get to do that; didn't really realize how quickly and completely life could change. It wasn't an easy lesson to learn, growing up but so important.

bonoishot said:

thanks dazzled

russty so sorry about your friend :hug: and your mum must be very brave :hug:

yes you're right i think you in time learn to live with it but never really get over it

thats one of the reasons i really want to meet B and the boys, say thank you for the music and how much it has helped me through all of this :heart:

It's amazing how much their music can help you through the rough times. I've gone thorugh hell in the past month, but their music has helped me get through it.

bonoishot said:

thanks dazzled

russty so sorry about your friend :hug: and your mum must be very brave :hug:

yes you're right i think you in time learn to live with it but never really get over it

thats one of the reasons i really want to meet B and the boys, say thank you for the music and how much it has helped me through all of this :heart:

Jemma I totally agree withh you. I have my good and bad days. But I can't wait for the day when I can tell the guys, thanks for keeping me from going completely insane. The music has helped my heart so much over the years.

The other thing that they probably don't even realize is that I want to tell them thank you for all the amazing friends I have, because of them. Its not just about U2, its about what their music does to people and how they can bring us together.

Sad_Girl said:

My mom's dad died when she was thirteen, in an accident during a response to a fire (he was a firefighter back in the day when they still rode on the back of the truck) and so she has always made a point to teach us all to say I love you every time we leave/say goodbye. Because she didn't get to do that; didn't really realize how quickly and completely life could change. It wasn't an easy lesson to learn, growing up but so important.

:heart: thats so true, we always used to do thatme and my mum! i still do that with my grandma

Sad_Girl said:

SG I think that was why my mom was the way she was. Her dad left the house when she was 19 to play golf one day and never came back. He had a massive stroke and died. My mom was so close with her dad that him dying literally changed her whole life.

My mom was always telling me that she loved me and spending alot of time with me. When I was 8 yrs old she started disappearing alot and I never knew why. I found out when I was in juinor high that she was sick. But that didn't stop her for years. My mom was an amazing soccer player, a bit of a celebrity where we grew up. She could have played professional ball, but chose not to, because of us kids. Instead my mom and I would travel every weekend to tournaments where she would play and coach. She could always out run all of us kids. she was amazing to watch play. On all the long drives we listened to tons of music. She is the one who made me realize that music can change your life. I still have some of the tapes we listened too.

DG I'm still praying for you and I'm so glad that the music helps. But you know we are always here for you as well. :hug: :heart:

Russty Cat said:

Jemma I totally agree withh you. I have my good and bad days. But I can't wait for the day when I can tell the guys, thanks for keeping me from going completely insane. The music has helped my heart so much over the years.

The other thing that they probably don't even realize is that I want to tell them thank you for all the amazing friends I have, because of them. Its not just about U2, its about what their music does to people and how they can bring us together.

yes thats a really good point , music brings people together :heart: :bono: :larry: :adam: :edge: :heart:

:hmm: think i might buy a Thank You card for wen i stalk, i can write what i want to say in there so if i turn into a jibbering wreck then i can just give him the card :lol:

Last edited:
Was reading thru some nice emails i've been going over again which reminded me of some decent people there are here! :heart:

Wild&me have been saying that a few says back that we intend to do an all- niter when she's off work for a fortnite at the end of the month! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Russty Cat said:
DG I'm still praying for you and I'm so glad that the music helps. But you know we are always here for you as well. :hug: :heart:

Thank you. :hug: :heart: Along with the music, all of you have helped me so much. :hug:

Last edited:
Russty Cat said:

SG I think that was why my mom was the way she was. Her dad left the house when she was 19 to play golf one day and never came back. He had a massive stroke and died. My mom was so close with her dad that him dying literally changed her whole life.

My mom was always telling me that she loved me and spending alot of time with me. When I was 8 yrs old she started disappearing alot and I never knew why. I found out when I was in juinor high that she was sick. But that didn't stop her for years. My mom was an amazing soccer player, a bit of a celebrity where we grew up. She could have played professional ball, but chose not to, because of us kids. Instead my mom and I would travel every weekend to tournaments where she would play and coach. She could always out run all of us kids. she was amazing to watch play. On all the long drives we listened to tons of music. She is the one who made me realize that music can change your life. I still have some of the tapes we listened too.

It's really something, the way events that happen way before we're even born effect our lives on such a major level.
My mom was the one who brought music into my life, as well; she was (still is) always singing and stuff, and she had huge collection of old 45's that she bought when they changed the jukebox down by where she lived in the sixties, and we listened to them still non-stop when I was young

Susan you'll have to let me know when your gonna do it. Mini-cat will be out of school in about a week and a half, then I'll be able to stay up as late as I want. :dance: No having to drive her to school! W00t! :D

Well girls :wink: i'm going to head to bed now as it's 5 to 3 in the morn here just as most of you are still in the evening! :wave:

Take care of yourselves all of you&hope to see you all tom nite!!

:hug: :hug:

Ok, one last sappy comment; You guys really have been one of the best things that've happened to me in a long time :hug:
I'm so glad to have gotten the chance to be friends with all of you

SG I totally agree! Seriously this has been such a bitch of a few months and you guys have saved me so many times I can't count. :heart: :hug:

i don't really have anyone here in town that I can call on when things are bad, its just so nice to know I can log on and have a laugh and a chat with people who are truly glad to see you.

my mum sounds alot like you mum russty in the way she loved spending time with me and we always used to be out for the day somewhere or she would take me on loads of camping trips or to concerts.

she loved music aswell :heart:

night susan :hug:

I just talked to my mom the other night and hopefully I will be inheriting all their old records. They have quite a few old Elvis records. I love my parents, cuz they are old pack rats. My mom still has a newspaper in their attic from when JFK was shot and killed. I told them all I want is the papers, the records, and a few things my grandda gave my mom before he died. :giggle: My dad is a total smart ass and said he was thinking of selling the Elvis records on ebay! :mad:

bonoishot said:
err my idea

pleban party......HD appreciation

:lmao: not sure what the mods would make of that tho :huh:

i don't think they can say much, cuz I don't think they even realize what HD means. Besides whats wrong with a Happy Dragon? :shrug: :wink:

oh....russty....you lost your best friend???!!????:ohmy: :shocked:
:sad: :sad:

oh man that hits me....

I'm trying to get up the nerve to write to one of my longest, and close friend's parents to find out if she's OK {even still alive- she had hepatitis C back in early 90's}.

SHe was living abroad for nearly 12 yrs and was finally supposed to come back to the states, but i never heard from her again in later 99. THEN things got really nasty/topsy-turvy with me and I then couldn't get in touch. ANd things would keep happening in my life that I was too harried/upset in long stretches of time to find out.

Now I think I'm finally got the courage up to find out. she -if she's more ok than not, she might think I didn't respnd back to her [like if my response to her letter never arrived overseas ]{our mail to each other from So Asia to NYC was usually good though. :sigh:

:hug: russty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom