PLEBAN Occupations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
biff said:
Who4Life, if it means anything to you, I also hated high school. I remember really, really hating grade 10. But many, many years later (won't say quite how many), I'm a Prof. It can happen. I just found something I was really interested in; I'm sure you can do this too!
Also, arw9797, I went to the Master of LIbrary Science program for one semester, and dropped out. Never regretted it.
Good luck to you!!
The only thing that intrests me is music but I cant sing and i cant play instruments lol. I want to play guitar cause Pete plays, I mean I have one I just need to find time to learn(even though I have a lot of time... i dont understand myself

Well, Who4Life, it takes time. I drifted for a few years after high school, uncertain what to do with myself. It may sound like heresy, given that I'm an educator, but high school and higher education aren't for everyone. We can all think of countless examples of great people who didn't do well in an academic setting. Still, you do need to keep as many options open as possible at your age. Maybe you should get some advice about how best to pursue your musical interests. I have a good friend who was always really interested in music, but had very little talent :)lol: ), but he eventually got a really good job working for a record company. There are all sorts of options out there. You'll figure it out!

I hope I do, lol. But if I only have a normal job like workin in a grocery store or somethin I'll be happy as long as I have U2 and The Who's music!

By the way, Who4Life, and completely off topic, where are you in Michigan? (I have lots of relatives in Port Huron.)

"Just a poor little sheep...."

Of course, it's also a line from one of my favourite Bono songs: Never Let Me Go.

You should be able to find it in the U2 section at the record store. It had several U2/Bono songs on it. Bone wrote the story on which the movie was based.

Ill look for it sometime when i have money to buy it lol. But first on my list is the new who one cause dang i want it! lol. I wish i was rich gggrrrr

I work in a library, but I'm not really a "librarian" because my degree is in history, not library science. I'm one of the "menials", a clerk. I also do artwork at a local studio, and we have shows twice or three times a year (twice this year--I need a good show in July). I will be posting a nervous note in July asking for prayers.

I'm an editor/writer who is sort of on permanent freelance with projects at one publishing company. I also work as a circulation clerk at the local library and as a Graduate Assistant at an academic library (both p/t).

I'm going for my MLS (Master's in Library Science) at the moment. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of us who are doing the same thing, so I'm not too hopeful of getting a full-time job when I graduate. Part-time opportunities should be around, but I want benefits at this point in my life. Oh, well...I'll just have to keep taking classes and see what happens!

Assistant to President/CEO at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas in Austin Texas. I've been here seven years and I'm worn out. I'm going to finish getting my real estate license beginning next month.

I am a Nanny for a 6mo baby!! aka My niece Emily. In Spring '05 I hope to be enrolled in CSU Hayward, where I will enroll into a study program which will allow me to transfer abroad for my Jr/Sr yrs. Oh I am an English/Lit Mjr.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom