Pleban Girls Party - With A Little Help From Our Friends.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
I don't care :D

I guess he was off his rocker :shrug:

It seemed like a big publicity stunt at the time, because it was on all the news shows and stuff. But what a dumb stunt, if that's truly what it was! That's where it must suck to be a solo star, because you could come up with ideas like that and not have anyone around you that's willing to say it's a shit idea, lol!

Whereas, with u2, they will always have someone (Larry) who will be the voice of reason and not be afraid to call a shit idea a shit idea.

actually, I'm pretty sure his name really is Prince. Prince Roger Nelson? something like that. but maybe that's not true, that's just what we all thought back in the day when we we had Purple Rain posters on our bedroom walls, lol! :wink:

I wonder if Prince could hire Larry to bring him back down to earth...
Of course, if I was Larry I'd run a mile rather than take that job! :giggle:

love2bmama said:
actually, I'm pretty sure his name really is Prince. Prince Roger Nelson? something like that. but maybe that's not true, that's just what we all thought back in the day when we we had Purple Rain posters on our bedroom walls, lol! :wink:

Google agrees with you... apparently that is his real name. :ohmy:

Well, you learn something new every day!

:laugh: :laugh:

here's what I just learned in a very brief foray into wikipedia....Prince changed his name to the unprounouncable symbol after a contractual dispute with his record company. So, evidently there was more to it than just plain craziness, although it seems like he could have chosen something people could at least SAY

I'll be fine, thanks :hug:

Do you usually stay up till 4am? I used to do that all the time when I was at uni, mostly because the uni's computer system would shut down at 4am every day for a rest... and I would stagger out of the computer room and sleep till midday, then it would all start again. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom