Pleban Girls Party - With A Little Help From Our Friends.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aww, I just read your post in the thread about u2 dropping songs from the setlists, and it almost made me tear up, lol!

It's true, every fan should have the experience of hearing songs like Streets, Bullet, and Pride and getting to shout "No More!" along with everyone else. :heart:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Of course! I live in the Chicagoland area....so it's kinda mandatory :giggle:

I finished some leftover pizza :drool:

oh man, I bet the whole city is going nuts over the superbowl, then. I don't get into football very much myself, the last time I got excited about the superbowl was 2002 and a certain band was doing the halftime show :wink:

I kind of like the name rissoles better than meatballs, anyway :giggle:

that recipe you linked to cracks me up, I have NO clue about the metric system whatsover. When I was in grade school they used to say we'd be switching to metric, but obviously it never happened, lol

love2bmama said:

oh man, I bet the whole city is going nuts over the superbowl, then. I don't get into football very much myself, the last time I got excited about the superbowl was 2002 and a certain band was doing the halftime show :wink:

Define nuts? It's a freaking zoo over here and if there is a win.....we are going to go ape:censored:!

That's the last time I was excited about the Superbowl too...was when U2 was performing :giggle: (I wish they did it this year....cause anyone else sounds better than Prince :tsk: ).

*L* Sorry for the metric confusion... I have a link to a conversion website somewhere, if you're that curious :)

I think it's about 2 pounds to a kilo... no idea about grams and ounces though.

love2bmama said:
aww, I just read your post in the thread about u2 dropping songs from the setlists, and it almost made me tear up, lol!

It's true, every fan should have the experience of hearing songs like Streets, Bullet, and Pride and getting to shout "No More!" along with everyone else. :heart:

Aw, ta... :hug:

That was the most awesome part of SBS... especially since I used to do the "no more!" along to boots and the R&H video... (still do!) :reject:

:heart:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Define nuts? It's a freaking zoo over here and if there is a win.....we are going to go ape:censored:!

That's the last time I was excited about the Superbowl too...was when U2 was performing :giggle: (I wish they did it this year....cause anyone else sounds better than Prince :tsk: ).

I'm not a big fan of Prince, either, even though I feel like I should be. As a child of the '80s, when Prince was huge, I feel kind of disloyal not liking him now but I can't help it. What can I say, he's no Bono :wink:

Coming from a metric country, I don't see the sense in Imperial at all, especially if your money is metric. :)

I think the most persuasive argument for the US to switch to metric measurements is when NASA got its inches and centimeters mixed up, and one of their satellites broke because of it... :rolleyes:

Alisaura said:

Aw, ta... :hug:

That was the most awesome part of SBS... especially since I used to do the "no more!" along to boots and the R&H video... (still do!) :reject:

:heart:

yeah, I love the parts in boots where Bono gets the crowd interacting with him. He's really good at that! I love watching the videos, too, because you can see how into the audience he is and how he's really trying to connect with them when he gets them to sing along. :love:

Yeah, Prince never held much appeal for me... a bit too hairy and greasy and kinda sleazy-looking... :|
Some of his songs are good... but... :shrug:

love2bmama said:

yeah, I love the parts in boots where Bono gets the crowd interacting with him. He's really good at that! I love watching the videos, too, because you can see how into the audience he is and how he's really trying to connect with them when he gets them to sing along. :love:

:yes: :love:

Alisaura said:
Coming from a metric country, I don't see the sense in Imperial at all, especially if your money is metric. :)

I think the most persuasive argument for the US to switch to metric measurements is when NASA got its inches and centimeters mixed up, and one of their satellites broke because of it... :rolleyes:

at this point I think it's really just American obstinancy that's keeping us from going metric. We have to be the biggest, richest, best country in the world, and we are so great that we don't have to even use the same systems of weights and measures as everyone else. I wonder why so many foreigners hate us? :scratch:

that said, what is metric money? :reject:

love2bmama said:

that said, what is metric money? :reject:

We all have metric money (at least, as long as you're not still trading in chickens and sea shells).... 100 cents to a dollar is the same idea as 100 centimetres to a metre. the UK (and their colonies) used to have an imperial money system as well as imperial measurements.... I can't remember the details, but it was insanely complicated. There were half-pence and pence and tuppences and sixpences and shillings and farthings and half-crowns and crowns and florins, and completely bizarre numbers of each would fit into a pound. We switched over here to metric in 1966, I think... they made a little advertising jingle...
"Out go the pounds, shillings and the pence, in come the dollars, in come the cents; Don't be alarmed when the money starts to mix, on the somethingth of February, 1966!"

:laugh: that's a hilarious little jingle!!

thanks for explaining the money thing to me, the fact that I didn't know what you meant is a perfect example of how we are hamstrung by our imperial measurements, lol!

I also never knew what the whole tuppence, farthings, etc thing was, other than what I had read in books.

I clearly need to get out more, lol! :reject:

Back
Top Bottom