Pleban Girls Party - Wishing we were in Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sami! :hug:

Well, the Canadians are angry about hockey, I'm downloading music while trying not to think about something I have to do tomorrow ... just another Monday night in Plebaville. :wink:

Drea said:

Not if it comes to TO first :evil: Next year it'll be 40 years since TO's had the Cup... It's. All. OURS.

Yeah, well at least you've had the Cup. We've never had it before, and it's high time we got our names on the Cup. Vancouver needs it! :yes:

I honestly don't know why I'm still watching the hockey. It's just making me more and more pissed off. :lol:

sami0201 said:

:D thanks :eek:

Jo - I know! I was thinking the same thing. :silent:

What, you mean Detroit lets other teams have the stanley cup from time to time? :ohmy: :lol:

Sorry to the canadians - I only know what I see on TV :shifty: which tends to be very pro red wings

Last edited:
Okay, I've changed the channel and am off the phone with my best friend. Now I can think about something else other than hockey and not be so pissed off any more. :)

:sigh: I'm gonna go to bed...I miss you girls. :sad: We've been so busy lately. My aunt is one of those people who can't sit in the house so I've been out all the time. Once school ends and camp starts for my cousins I think things will start to chill out around here. It's been crazy lately. :crazy:

Goodnight everyone :hug: :heart:

VintagePunk said:
No, you've done great, you don't need one! :shame:

But I do. :shifty: :reject:

:wink:

Good Job quitting Thora! it's not easy but so worth it.

VP :tsk: :shame: you should view this as an opportunity to take advantage of. Quit now. Consider it a head start. :wink:

Sami! :hug: We miss you too! Good night hun, sweet Dreams

VintagePunk said:
And I want a cigarette!! :scream: I haven't had one for nearly 10 hours... :sigh:

Won't not smoking help your healing, VP?

I'm not a smoker or a dentist, so I don't know that for sure. However, it seems to make sense.

:suddenly hears "four out of five dentists" commercial in her head:

Have a good night Sami! :hug: See you around soon!

Don't worry VP, I'll stay strong! :D I have no desire to start up again, as strong as the cravings might get sometimes. :)

Night Sami :hug: :heart:

Jo, you're right about healing. Plus, if you're not very careful, smoking, using drinking straws, etc, can lead to dry socket, which is supposed to be very painful.

Good for you, Thora, I enjoy hearing success stories, gives me hope. :up:

SG, I don't think cold turkey is a good method for me. Last time I did that, by the second day, I felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin. :yikes:

VintagePunk said:
Night Sami :hug: :heart:

Jo, you're right about healing. Plus, if you're not very careful, smoking, using drinking straws, etc, can lead to dry socket, which is supposed to be very painful.

Good for you, Thora, I enjoy hearing success stories, gives me hope. :up:

I commented in someone's journal over the weekend that I've had nine teeth taken out through oral surgery -- all four wisdom teeth, and five others. I have a small mouth and not enough room for them all.

I'm not a fan of oral surgery, but I never had dry sockets. My parents and I always followed the surgeon's directions, and the prescription pain pills helped with the pain and swelling.

:drunk:

Also, you might want to ask your dentist about using salt water rinses to keep your mouth irrigated and clean.

I did it cold turkey. It was one of the most brutal things I've gone through, but it worked. I don't recommend it for everyone, but it's what I had to do. At my old company I smoked constantly, and it was a great way of networking, etc.

Where I work now, you're not allowed to smoke on company property, so it was a necessity as well as a health thing that prompted me to quit.

ThoraSEB said:
I did it cold turkey. It was one of the most brutal things I've gone through, but it worked. I don't recommend it for everyone, but it's what I had to do. At my old company I smoked constantly, and it was a great way of networking, etc.

Where I work now, you're not allowed to smoke on company property, so it was a necessity as well as a health thing that prompted me to quit.

My company only lets people smoke in one small smoking room. I keep thinking that place must reek worse than the average dive bar at closing time on Saturday night. :wink:

People also light up just outside the door between the parking garage and the employee entrance, even though I think they're not supposed to smoke there any longer. :shifty:

Joanne, wow, you've really been through a lot of oral surgery! :ohmy: I didn't get any painkillers today. :grumpy:

Thora, it's so amazing that you were able to do that! I've never experienced a feeling like that ever before. I think I was able to go for just over 30 hours. The good news is that for months after, I cut down to a quarter to a third of what I had smoked before, and any decrease is a good thing. I was back up to my usual amount in about 6 months, though. :madwife:

Back
Top Bottom