Pleban Girls Party - Where you do not have to wear pants if its not cold!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been playing a TON of U2 on radio around here lately...to the point where, when flipping through the stations on programmed in my car, it's kind of unusual to go through more than 3 or 4 times and NOT hear U2.

But the thing is...

whenever I hear a U2 song on the radio, I get all happy, like it's a special gift, and they're playing it just for me. Like I'm the only fan in the world.

:reject:

VintagePunk said:
They've been playing a TON of U2 on radio around here lately...to the point where, when flipping through the stations on programmed in my car, it's kind of unusual to go through more than 3 or 4 times and NOT hear U2.

But the thing is...

whenever I hear a U2 song on the radio, I get all happy, like it's a special gift, and they're playing it just for me. Like I'm the only fan in the world.

I feel that way too :D

VintagePunk said:
They force math/stats/research methods on us. I've had stats up the wazoo for the past several years. :mad:

Speaking of which, my less than glowing marks in the area might add on another 20 years for me to find a school that will actually be willing to accept me. :madspit:

I've heard though, that many US schools aren't as stats-centric as Canadian ones. :hmm:

I dunno, stats have become the rage in my field at least, which sucks ass (that's the official academic term for it, of course). I'm terrible at it. Unfortunately, however, except for the purely qualitative stuff like theory or literature, most universities want applicants who come with their own data set or have already published or something.

That's why I'll be unemployed as soon as my assistantship, teeny as it is, runs out. :sad:

VintagePunk said:

But the thing is...

:shifty: ........wasnt' it yesterday you were talking about being Bono obsessive...*runs from tazer...

Dismantled said:

I saw it on u2.com...pretty sweet...that was my favorite part of the show...there was something really magical about it.:yes:

I need to see it on a big screen. :drool: :drool:

And speaking of which, it'd be damn nice if they'd get a move on, and release the 80's-90's videos soon. :mad:

daygloeyes2 said:

Your boyfriend looks like Bono? :ohmy:

A young Bono and a young Ali couple! :cute:

well...he does in that pic...my bf hair is kinda silvery blond...not dark like bono...and they really don't look anything alike...but they do both have blue blue eyes:drool:

He just looks like him in that avatar:drool:

VintagePunk said:

But the thing is...

Me too. :heart:

I need an icon for a lovelorn sigh. *sigh*

Elessarian said:

I dunno, stats have become the rage in my field at least, which sucks ass (that's the official academic term for it, of course). I'm terrible at it. Unfortunately, however, except for the purely qualitative stuff like theory or literature, most universities want applicants who come with their own data set or have already published or something.

That's why I'll be unemployed as soon as my assistantship, teeny as it is, runs out. :sad:

Own data-set?? *panics* Please tell me you mean when going from a MA to a PhD program??

Elessarian said:

*screams in horror

STATS!! NOOOOOOOOOO:madspit: *falls to knees.....why god!! why did you invent stats!!!!!

Whenever I hear a U2 song on the radio, I get all giddy, even though I've listened to it more times than I can count. Lucky me, alot of Boston stations play U2. :drool:

My favorite thing now is a quote stolen from a teen movie....people come to my apt. and they see all the U2 on the wall and rhetorically ask, "So, I see you're a fan..."

My response now is "I'm not a fan. We're involved."

daygloeyes2 said:
Whenever I hear a U2 song on the radio, I get all giddy, even though I've listened to it more times than I can count. Lucky me, alot of Boston stations play U2. :drool:

Boston stations:drool:

Whenever I hear a U2 song on the radio I give everyone "the stare" they know not to turn the station or they will risk losing a finger:evil: not that they would turn it...but I am always on the defense

Elessarian said:
My favorite thing now is a quote stolen from a teen movie....people come to my apt. and they see all the U2 on the wall and rhetorically ask, "So, I see you're a fan..."

:lmao: :lmao: omg....

daygloeyes2 said:

Exactly!! I mean, it's not like I couldn't pop the disc in in the car, or drive home and listen to it...there's just something soooo cool about the radio.

VintagePunk said:

Exactly!! I mean, it's not like I couldn't pop the disc in in the car, or drive home and listen to it...there's just something soooo cool about the radio.

yeah...its like your not just playing it for yourself..but the station is playing it for everyone cause U2 is just so damn cool..everyone wants to hear it:up:

Elessarian said:

"Involved"...good word. It's not your typical fan/band relationship, that's for sure.

VintagePunk said:

Own data-set?? *panics* Please tell me you mean when going from a MA to a PhD program??

It's worse at the PhD level, and doubly worse on the job market. Of course, there's a lot of animosity between these uber-nerd statisticians taking over social sciences and the gruff old-school guys (like my Dr. Snow) who think stats are just "witch science."
Dr. Snow is SOOOO stank about the stats emphasis now. He leaves faculty meeting barking "I teach politics, dammit, not calculus!!"

:rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom