Pleban Girls Party - We've Got U(2) Under Our Skin......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm soooo tired. I only got 3 hours sleep last night. :crack: It's too late to nap now, if I did, I'd be up all night.

And I've got a headache.

I'm just a bundle of sunshine today. :wink:

VintagePunk said:
Thanks Drea :hug: Oh, and btw (not that it really matters, because the odds of me 1) getting offered the job and 2) actually accepting it are pretty slim, but if I did get it, I'd be in Thornhill for a week for training at the end of the month. :) That's another minus - it's a really inconvenient time for me to be away.

But just in case - where in Thornhill? :wink:

My sister got the results from her Michigan boards today and she passed :D She's now a registered dental hygenist in two countries :wink:

Megan did the dental assistant course at Fanshawe and worked for a couple dentists in Windsor for a few years before she went to Ferris State to do the hygenist course :) Which is how I know the general area SG's from, even though I've never been there in person :lol:

Yeah, that was the plan for me too...well, not the locations, exactly :) but I couldn't stand the work long enough to get the required hours to apply to school for the hygenist course. I think the first dentist I worked for turned me off of it...he was awful. Then I fell into a totally unrelated job that I loved, and I stayed in it till I had Sarah.

She's going to be rich. :drool: :up:

Yeah, no kidding :lol: I think she was making more than I do per hour when she was still an assistant, or pretty close to what I was making at least... now she's making more than me definitely and I'm jealous :wink: Mind you, I wouldn't want to work in peoples' mouths all day and she probably wouldn't like to count other peoples' money, so I suppose it's fair :laugh:

It's more stressful work than you would think. At least with assisting. You're working so closely with the dentist, you're literally in each other's face all day, and if you work with a power-tripping jerk, like many of them are, it's not pleasant at all.

Back when I was considering it, it was HUGE money...even what they made back then, if I made that now, I'd be on easy street. I can only imagine what they make now. :ohmy:

I've heard Megan's stories, believe me *g* When she was still just an assistant after graduating from Fanshawe, apparently the first dentist she worked for in Windsor wasn't exactly the easiest to get along with :wink:

I think when I was home this summer Megan said the minimum she'd consider for a job was something like $25/hr, which floored me considering how much *I* make :lol:

Drea said:
Megan did the dental assistant course at Fanshawe and worked for a couple dentists in Windsor for a few years before she went to Ferris State to do the hygenist course :) Which is how I know the general area SG's from, even though I've never been there in person :lol:

that's right, Drea's never been here :shifty: :wink:

:lol:

*thinks* Not sure - that was back in July when we talked about it, and I don't think much registered after the $25/hr :lol:

Pretty good SG - you?

Drea said:
*thinks* Not sure - that was back in July when we talked about it, and I don't think much registered after the $25/hr :lol:

Pretty good SG - you?

I was thinking around $50, years ago. Maybe I just can't remember shit. :lol: But I'm almost positive it'd be more than $25.

I'm doing quite well, thanks :)

I had a friendly visit with Mark today when he gave me my share of his last paycheck, we discussed financial issues maturely and even had a meal together with no fighting and no tears - then I came home and talked to Gavin for three and a half hours :shifty: - found out he shot down his ex-girlfriend this weekend when she came over to talk to him at the bar :happy:

and when I got online just now I had a response from an editor about a query letter I'd submitted, she wants to read my article :happy: :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom