Pleban Girls Party: We're slippy, we're sliding down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Weldy :hug: I took Soc in high school too. It was one of my favourite classes. :) I took a few Soc classes in university too, and found them a bit less interesting. Kinda dry and boring.

VintagePunk said:
Hi Weldy :hug: I took Soc in high school too. It was one of my favourite classes. :) I took a few Soc classes in university too, and found them a bit less interesting. Kinda dry and boring.

Yea....It was good but I had a low grade cause I didn't finish stuff :yikes: (Yea....I know...bad self!)....but one of my favorites was that I had to create a doll based on a country....and I did South Africa.....just so I can play Silver and Gold :reject:

~BrightestStar~ said:

*rubs eyes*
Clone, is that you?!
:hyper: :heart: :clings:

How are you?

And I know...
You don't know how many people I've heard sum Frued up as a "wack job on crack". :tsk:
The man's been too good to me for me to say such creul things. :love:

C'est moi. :wink: And sadly, that's the extent of my French. :lol:

His theories are antiquated now, but he added a lot to the field. :love:

Did you ever get that paper back?? :hyper:

I have to shower and get ready to go out in a bit, which is highly offensive to my hermit-like nature. :grumpy: :lmao:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Yea....It was good but I had a low grade cause I didn't finish stuff :yikes: (Yea....I know...bad self!)....but one of my favorites was that I had to create a doll based on a country....and I did South Africa.....just so I can play Silver and Gold :reject:

:up: Any excuse to incorperate U2 into school work is a good one. :wink:

VintagePunk said:

C'est moi. :wink And sadly, that's the extent of my French. :lol

His theories are antiquated now, but he added a lot to the field. :love

Did you ever get that paper back?? :hyper:

I have to shower and get ready to go out in a bit, which is highly offensive to my hermit-like nature. :grumpy :lmao:

:lmao:!
Well, at least I finally know what that smell is. :tongue:

Being a hermit :drool: :love:

I got it back yesterday (finally!) :hyper: :happy:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:lmao:!
Well, at least I finally know what that smell is. :tongue:

Being a hermit :drool: :love:

I got it back yesterday (finally!) :hyper: :happy:

And...? :hyper:

I just sent an e-mail to someone. :shifty: I'm tired of second-guessing myself, so I'm just going to do what feels right. And if it's the wrong thing to do, oh well. :huh:

Could I *be* any more vague? [/chandlerbingvoice]

See you Weldy :wave:

Hi girls! :wave: :hug: Just popping in quickly to say hi and I hope everyone's having a good day thus far. I had my orientation in the OR this morning which was quite exciting and I have to go back to campus for review labs in the afternoon. :love:

I wish this term wasn't so crazy and I had more time to come on here. I feel like such a bad PLEBA :( :wink:

VintagePunk said:

And...? :hyper

I just sent an e-mail to someone. :shifty I'm tired of second-guessing myself, so I'm just going to do what feels right. And if it's the wrong thing to do, oh well. :huh

Could I *be* any more vague? [/chandlerbingvoice]

:hyper:

I got an A :heart:, and apparently the second highest mark in the class. My TA loved it.
And I got a 12 ( :shrug: 90-100%) on my presentation. :happy: I think the phallic lipstick gave me the edge. :wink:

And because of this, Freud I love you.

And thank you again for reading it over!! :love:
(did I mention the TA didn't notice it was like 400 words over? :shh: )

:does happy snoopy dance:

Things have gotten all vague again? :( I thought things had gotten sort of sorted out since the great email fiasco. What happened? :hug:
And you keep going back, so it mustn't feel to bad. :wink:

VintagePunk said:
Fly!! :hug: What did you think? My brother's wife (I think I've mentioned her? She just got her RPN in the spring) wants to specialize in the OR.

Hi VP!! :hug: :heart: Yep you've mentioned her!

Hmm well it certainly wasn't a comprehensive introduction because we only had two hours. We just got to walk through the suite, look at some of the rooms, meet the staff, and were taught how to scrub in. It was very exciting and I'm looking forward to observing and assisting with the first surgery. I'll probably be able to provide more insight once I've done that since this was just a quick rundown. :)

But from what I've heard from students who had this rotation last semester, the first few times were very interesting and exciting...but then the novelty sort of wore off. They said the nurses (both circulating and scrub) are on their feet all day and repeat the same procedures over and over again which can get boring. I'll have to see though I guess!

Fly, you're right, I'm sure that actually experiencing it as opposed to just peeking around will give you a much better indication of whether you'll enjoy it or not. :)

The freezing rain has started here. :uhoh: What's it like where you girls are?

Oh and my instructor is fabulous! She's the youngest one I've had BY FAR (just graduated in 2004) and has been working in the ER and on the trauma team ever since. She is insanely smart according to one of my profs and was immediately taken onto the trauma team which is unheard of for a recent graduate. I think I can learn a lot from her which I'm really looking forward to. :) My instructors last year left much to be desired :|

The freezing ran has started a bit here too VP. :( Stupid winter.

~BrightestStar~ said:
Fly! :hug: :heart:
Sounds exciting! And Ooooooo! Soon you'll be taking part in your first surgery?
I'm glad it's all going so well. :)

And thank you :hug:

Thanks! :hug: I'm really looking forward to this rotation. We're on a mixed floor of urology/plastics/EarNoseThroat patients. In addition to that though, we each rotate through the OR, Endoscopy Unit, ER, and surgical day care unit. I hope I don't freak out when I see the first surgery :yikes: :lol:

How are your classes going?

FlyYourKite said:

Thanks! :hug: I'm really looking forward to this rotation. We're on a mixed floor of urology/plastics/EarNoseThroat patients. In addition to that though, we each rotate through the OR, Endoscopy Unit, ER, and surgical day care unit. I hope I don't freak out when I see the first surgery :yikes: :lol:

How are your classes going?

I'm sure you'll do great, just as you have for everything else. :hug: Isn't it exciting to know you'll be learning from someone who is brilliant in their area of expertise? :love:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:yikes:

How lovely. :|

If you don't see me ever post again, it's cause I slipped and died a painful death somehwhere on campus. Send out search teams in 24hrs will you?

:sad: Do I have to wait for 24 hours?

There's a thin coating of ice on my deck, but the cars driving by seem to be navigating the roads fine, they're not slowing down or anything.

~BrightestStar~ said:
My classes have been going well. Always busy, but enjoying myself.
Psych this term looks like it's gonna be a blast. :happy:

You'll do amazing, I'm sure. :hug: I'm sure the liklihood of you freaking out is equivalent to B winning a silence contest. :wink:

That's good to hear! :hug: I was unable to add the psych class I wanted for this term so I'll have to save it until next year. :angry:

:lmao: Well if you put it like that.... :wink:

VintagePunk said:
Sarah just called, and said that her friend just talked to her mom, and told the friend that Woodstock is like an ice rink. :yikes:

:| Gotta love Canadian winters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom