Pleban Girls Party - Weddings, waitresses, whatever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice title Thora. Better than the 1 i just made. ;)

VintagePunk said:

Maybe he went not intending to stay that long?

I don't know. I don't mean to make it sound like I'm making excuses for him. I think a lot depends on how your relationship is, if it's one where you have to know where each of you are every minute of the day. B and I are not like that. Far from it. :lol : But he's made it clear that I can call him anytime if I want to talk to him, or whatever. I just don't...but that's my own issue, I think. :lol :

:lol: VP. :hug:

I certainly don't feel like i have to know where he is all the time but this pub is like a 2minute walk from my flat and if i was at a pub near his flat i would give him a call and ask if he wanted to come down. I don't know. Gonna try stop thinking about it now as its really annoying me. :lmao: He does always say that i can call him etc and i went to drop something off at his flat last night. Was a present from Cornwall, something called Clotted Cream and the best before date was yesterday. I knew he had his kids so i tried to phone him instead of ringing the doorbll but his phone was off so i had to ring the bell. ( was about 7.30 so i went as early as i could incase i had to do this. ) Then he had a go at me for ringing the bell incase they woke up and said i should have text him. I was like i tried to call you BUT your phone was off. :madspit:

Men. :rolleyes::shrug: They're a complete puzzle.

sorry for ranting everyone. :reject:

BonosBaby12 said:
You are very welcome :hug:

I think we must have :(. Jem just had me confused where she started a party but than directed everyone here :lol:

:lol:n i realised Thora had made one. Rather than people getting all confused over which one to use i just though i'd send everyone to Thoras thread.

VintagePunk said:
:uhoh:

This reminds me of the old days. :lol:

:lmao: I know. :love:

Last edited:
bonoishot said:

:lol: Sorry. I had just mae my thread. The realised Thora had made one. rather than people getting all confused over whic one to use i just htough i'd send everyone to Thoras thread.

It's ok you gave me directions so my confusion was only temporary this time around :giggle:

I have never heard that version before Thora

It is cool, Jem. They finally got together about 2 years ago after denying for so long that they were in love with each other. :giggle: It was just so cute. We could all see it, but they didn't for the longest time.

I had a lot of older friends when I was in high school, so I've been going to weddings of friends since I was 17. :yikes: Most of my friends are married now, which is kinda weird.

BB - it's a live version from the concert they did in Dublin on New Year's Eve in 1989. That whole concert is awesome! :love:

Jem, if it's that close to your place, that makes it kinda different. :yes: And as for ringing his doorbell when the kids are there...you didn't really have a choice because of the gift, but I can see where that would be a touchy area, with the kids there and all. I nevr contact B when I know he has the kids. I called there one day and found out his son was there, and I was like "omg, I'm so sorry, I'll let you go!" He said don't worry about it, and we talked for a while. I think I'm just overly conscious of his time with his kids, because I don't want to give him ANY cause to think that I'm attempting to interfere with it...so, I go too far the other way, and avoid it like the plague. :reject:

ThoraSEB said:
It is cool, Jem. They finally got together about 2 years ago after denying for so long that they were in love with each other. :giggle: It was just so cute. We could all see it, but they didn't for the longest time.

:cute: Thats so sweet. I hope they really enjoy their day today. :hug: :D

I remember one of my friends got married while still in hs than after graduation we lost contact. Just heard from her again this summer and found out she's divorced. But other than that none of my friend's are married yet.

I don't know VP - I have the Complete U2, and the only one on there is the Dec 31 show. :) If there were others, I'm sure they're great as well!

VintagePunk said:
Jem, if it's that close to your place, that makes it kinda different. :yes: And as for ringing his doorbell when the kids are there...you didn't really have a choice because of the gift, but I can see where that would be a touchy area, with the kids there and all. I nevr contact B when I know he has the kids. I called there one day and found out his son was there, and I was like "omg, I'm so sorry, I'll let you go!" He said don't worry about it, and we talked for a while. I think I'm just overly conscious of his time with his kids, because I don't want to give him ANY cause to think that I'm attempting to interfere with it...so, I go too far the other way, and avoid it like the plague. :reject:

Unless the kids know you though it can be really awkward so you're doing it right probably by not going round but i don't see the harm in speaking to him on the phone if they're there if its night and they will be in bed or something.

Yes it was my local pub. I'd be less :grumpy: it it was any other pub.

I didn't try to hang around or anything and spoke in whispers so they couldnt hear me. If he had of had his phone on i could have avoided that but it was off all day,so i didn't apperciate being told off for something that wasn't my fault. I didn't ring the bell on purpose. And it started raingin while i walked to his so i was soaked. I didnt even get a thanks. :angry:

Yeah i'll shut up now. :lol:

VintagePunk said:
I'm pretty sure I have that Point Depot show...I can upload, if anyone wants it. :) I know I have a few of them...I think they did 4 nights?

Oooh VP that would be great. :love:

VP Dissy is married. I hope her and the baby are ok. :( And Russty is married. Though i seem to miss her quite alot when she posts on here. Damn timezones. :madwife:

Think we have got everyone now. :uhoh:

bonoishot said:

Unless the kids know you though it can be really awkward so you're doing it right probably by not going round but i don't see the harm in speaking to him on the phone if they're there if its night and they will be in bed or something.

Yes it was my local pub. I'd be less :grumpy: it it was any other pub.

I didn't try to hang around or anything and spoke in whispers so they couldnt hear me. If he had of had his phone on i could have avoided that but it was off all day,so i didn't apperciate being told off for something that wasn't my fault. I didn't ring the bell on purpose. And it started raingin while i walked to his so i was soaked. I didnt even get a thanks. :angry:

Yeah i'll shut up now. :lol:

In my case, I think it's because I KNOW that if it comes down a me vs. his kids thing, I'll lose without question. And realistically, I should. If he was the kind of man who blew off spending time with his kids, I wouldn't want him. In fact, I didn't really start falling for him until I learned how close he is with them.

So...I'm just biding my time, waiting it out until he feels comfortable enough to introduce us. In the meantime, I'm not doing anything that could be perceived as me trying to come between them.

That's really important when dealing with men - choose your battles wisely. :wink:

The funny thing is, despite me not knowing his kids, he's kissed me in front of Sarah before! I was pretty surprised when he did...one night when he left here, and I was walking him to the door. :huh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom