Pleban Girls Party - Weddings, waitresses, whatever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoishot said:

Your maybe cynical but your not old. :shame:

Yeah it is all new to me. I think he forgets that sometimes. And we hung out a lot over the summer as he wasnt working then so its gone from alot of time together to hardly any and although he warned me, nothing prepared me.

Awww, it's really hard to go from lots of attention to very little, when they get busy, without feeling very insecure about it - especially in a new relationship. :hug:

VintagePunk said:

Hop in the overanalyzing boys boat and join us! It's a rough ride, and sometimes there's seasickness, but the view? :drool: :happy: :lol

What's going on? :hug

:lol:!!

See, we should all just get signs that say:
Boys are simple. Stop thinking! :madwife:

I don't know, probably nothing.
I'm just being overlysensitive or stupid :lol: or whatever.
For the past, two weeks or so, I can't remember exactly, he hasn't been coming to class. And we hadn't talked on MSN at all. I started to think he had dropped the class, and not even told me. And while he was signed on to MSN sometimes, he was set to away, so I didn't message him. Although, I IMed him once, but he didn't respond.
Usually he IM's me. And the longer he didn't, the more I got my back up and decided that I wouldn't IM him.
(And all of this is in comparison to before when we were chatting fairly regularly...)
Then on last friday, he came on, told me he'd gotten stressed with school/overwhelmed/wasn't feeling well. And that's why he hadn't been to class. Ubderstandable cause he's got alot of labs this year, I'd freak too. I told him I thought he'd dropped the class, and he was all 'hell no, and I would tell you first anyway'. Then he shows up in class monday. Comments I should come visit him.
On wed I had a few hrs off, so I txtd him saying we should meet up so he can entertain me.
I haven't heard from him since. And he hasn't been to class again. And He always has his cell on, and I've txtd him before, so he should have gotten it.

So I'm getting this sense that's he's avoiding me, or maybe he's got a gf, or something, anything. It's making me obsessive. :grumpy: :lol:

And I'm prob just being silly, he's just busy with school, jus like I am....:sigh:

:blahblah: <--- me

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:

:lol:!!

See, we should all just get signs that say:
Boys are simple. Stop thinking! :madwife:

I'm just being overlysensitive or stupid :lol: or whatever.
For the past, two weeks or so, I can't remember exactly, he hasn't been coming to class. And we hadn't talked on MSN at all. I started to think he had dropped the class, and not even told me. And while he was signed on to MSN sometimes, he was set to away, so I didn't message him. Although, I IMed him once, but he didn't respond.
Usually he IM's me. And the longer he didn't, the more I got my back up and decided that I wouldn't IM him.
(And all of this is in comparison to before when we were chatting fairly regularly...)
Then on last friday, he came on, told me he'd gotten stressed with school/overwhelmed/wasn't feeling well. And that's why he hadn't been to class. Ubderstandable cause he's got alot of labs this year, I'd freak too. I told him I thought he'd dropped the class, and he was all 'hell no, and I would tell you first anyway'. Then he shows up in class monday. Comments I should come visit him.
On wed I had a few hrs off, so I txtd him saying we should meet up so he can entertain me.
I haven't heard from him since. And he hasn't been to class again. And He always has his cell on, and I've txtd him before, so he should have gotten it.

So I'm getting this sense that's he's avoiding me, or maybe he's got a gf, or something, anything. It's making me obsessive. :grumpy: :lol:

And I'm prob just being silly, he's just busy with school, jus like I am....:sigh:

:blahblah: <--- me

I guess he's probably busy, and like guys usually are, forgot that there might be somebody worrying about him not making contact... guys don't realise that... he'll get in contact again sooner or later!

I know it's young Jem, and no doubt my opinion will change... but I have a very bad taste in guys... the wrong ones! :wink: and I seem to have made my best friend fall in love with me...t aht scared me, and we got in a fight... we made up again... and yea,... he's starting to act weird again :uhoh: and I'm still unsure if he's just being weird, or actually infatuated with me..... ack it's a long story

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:

I'm just being overlysensitive or stupid :lol : or whatever.

So I'm getting this sense that's he's avoiding me, or maybe he's got a gf, or something, anything. It's making me obsessive. :grumpy : :lol:

And I'm prob just being silly, he's just busy with school, jus like I am....:sigh :

:blahblah : <--- me

:hug: Maybe if hes overwhelmed/stressed hes trying to just chill out by himself. Andy did that not so long ago. He needed time to himself for a week. Has anyone ele heard from / seen him. :hug: If he hasn't ben to class he might be trying to chill out at home. Though if that is the case he should have text you to just tell you as that is common courtesy.

Men. :madwife:

I'm sure he will get in contact though. :hug:

Galeongirl said:

I know it's young Jem, and no doubt my opinion will change... but I have a very bad taste in guys... the wrong ones! :wink: and I seem to have made my best friend fall in love with me...t aht scared me, and we got in a fight... we made up again... and yea,... he's starting to act weird again :uhoh:

:uhoh: about the friend. Hope you can sort that out. :hug:

I was probably like you at your age, wasn't interested in relationships. As i seemed to like boys who were not very trustworthy, luckily i never dated any of them. :hug: Nothing wrong with it though. I had more time for concerts/friends/travel etc. :wink:

Awww, Bri! It really doesn't sound like he's avoiding you. In fact, it sounds like he's incredibly stressed, and that you're one of the bright spots (~BrightestStar~) :cute: in his life right now. I don't think he would have said those things to you had he been intentionally avoiding you, or had a girlfriend.

You sound like me (or at least the way I used to be, I *think* I'm getting a little better :shifty: )...taking things personally, and thinking "fine, screw you, then!" when the issues that a person has really have nothing to do with me. And sometimes when I'm incredibly overwhelmed with things, I tend to sort of shut down, and not want a lot of contact with people, either.

I would just e-mail him or something, let him know you're thinking of him, wondering how he's doing, and that you understand the stress he's under....tell him that if he needs a source to vent to, you're there for him. Then, just leave it at that, and see if he responds. If he doesn't, don't take it personally. some people, and guys especially, need to crawl away for a bit, and just work things out on their own. :yes: But in the end, he'll appreciate that you at least offered, I'm sure. :) :hug:

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a nice relationship... but yea, I don't think I coudl get one.... biggest thing is... guys my age, are either incredibly childish and over-sexed, or incredible nerds... yea, and neither of those are particulary attractive to me... well, there is this one guy, my sorta ex bf :)uhoh: long story) But he's not exactly the guy you would bring home to yer parents... on top of that I have a 'perfect sister' and her 'perfect' boyfriend... so if I'd come home with a gothic, I know my parents wouldn't like it... they're not very fond of him so say already as my friend... so yea... complicated situations!

VintagePunk said:
Awww, Bri! It really doesn't sound like he's avoiding you. In fact, it sounds like he's incredibly stressed, and that you're one of the bright spots (~BrightestStar~) :cute: in his life right now. I don't think he would have said those things to you had he been intentionally avoiding you, or had a girlfriend.

You sound like me (or at least the way I used to be, I *think* I'm getting a little better :shifty: )...taking things personally, and thinking "fine, screw you, then!" when the issues that a person has really has nothing to do with me. And sometimes when I'm incredibly overwhelmed with things, I tend to sort of shut down, and not want a lot of contact with people, either.

I would just e-mail him or something, let him know you're thinking of him, wondering how he's doing, and that you understand the stress he's under....tell him that if he needs a source to vent to, you're there for him. Then, just leave it at that, and see if he responds. If he doesn't, don't take it personally. some people, and guys especially, need to crawl away for a bit, and just work things out on their own. :yes: But in the end, he'll appreciate that you at least offered, I'm sure. :) :hug:

VP you said what iwanted to say, but better. :up:

Galeongirl said:

I know it's young Jem, and no doubt my opinion will change... but I have a very bad taste in guys... the wrong ones! :wink: and I seem to have made my best friend fall in love with me...t aht scared me, and we got in a fight... we made up again... and yea,... he's starting to act weird again :uhoh: and I'm still unsure if he's just being weird, or actually infatuated with me..... ack it's a long story

The friend who's infatuated thing with a long story.... Been there, done that. Really not so fun. :slant:

I don't know how long ago you had the fight, but if it wasn't too far off, he's probably just refinding the boundries, and trying to redefine the friendship...which usually results in lots of wierdness.

I hope it works out. :hug:

Last edited:
we didn't talk for... a month or so....
I couldn't take it anymore and went to him friday to talk... all he did was hug me... but it wasn't the sort of hug he usually gives... it was... ack stronger or however you say that...
intersting fact is... he's been my best friend for a few years now... and now I feel really awkward aroun dhim..... so I really don't know how to act around him!

Galeongirl said:
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a nice relationship... but yea, I don't think I coudl get one.... biggest thing is... guys my age, are either incredibly childish and over-sexed, or incredible nerds... yea, and neither of those are particulary attractive to me... well, there is this one guy, my sorta ex bf :)uhoh : long story) But he's not exactly the guy you would bring home to yer parents... on top of that I have a 'perfect sister' and her 'perfect' boyfriend... so if I'd come home with a gothic, I know my parents wouldn't like it... they're not very fond of him so say already as my friend... so yea... complicated situations!

Alot of guys your age, even my age and older are like that. They never grow up. :lol: There are some nice ones out there though. :yes:

Sweetie, if you like someone and they treat you right, with love and respect etc that is the main thing. Obviously it would be nice if your parents liked your boyfriend/s but you would be going out with the guy not them. If they saw how happy you were maybe they would come round. I'm dating a guy who is 40, 17/18 years older than me which im sure will go down great with my grandparents when i tell them :uhoh: but i will just try to explain how happy he makes me (normally excpet for like i am today :lol: )

There is no such thing as a perfect relationship or person so dont compare yourself to your sis or her boyfriend, we like you just the way you are. :hug: If you need to talk about any of it we're aways listening.

The X Factor has just come on. ( American Idol type programme. ) I'm gonna go watch Simon Cowell. :reject::lmao: )

Be back 9.30pm my time. ( In half an hour)

Oooo! VP's gonna be mad you left Jem!
:tongue:

see ya later hun! :kiss:

Galeongirl said:
we didn't talk for... a month or so....
I couldn't take it anymore and went to him friday to talk... all he did was hug me... but it wasn't the sort of hug he usually gives... it was... ack stronger or however you say that...
intersting fact is... he's been my best friend for a few years now... and now I feel really awkward aroun dhim..... so I really don't know how to act around him!

:hug:
Oh, I have sooo been there.
Like....my 4 years of highschool all had this as an understory. :lol:

It just takes time, a lot of it. For feelings to heal, and for you both to refind an equlibrium of sorts.
It's gonna be awkward, and weird, and not the same....but stick with it, and it'll work out in the end.

bonoishot said:

Alot of guys your age, even my age and older are like that. They never grow up. :lol: There are some nice ones out there though. :yes:

Sweetie, if you like someone and they treat you right, with love and respect etc that is the main thing. Obviously it would be nice if your parents liked your boyfriend/s but you would be going out with the guy not them. If they saw how happy you were maybe they would come round. I'm dating a guy who is 40, 17/18 years older than me which im sure will go down great with my grandparents when i tell them :uhoh: but i will just try to explain how happy he makes me (normally excpet for like i am today :lol: )

There is no such thing as a perfect relationship or person so dont compare yourself to your sis or her boyfriend, we like you just the way you are. :hug: If you need to talk about any of it we're aways listening.

The X Factor has just come on. ( American Idol type programme. ) I'm gonna go watch Simon Cowell. :reject::lmao: )

Be back 9.30pm my time. ( In half an hour)

lol yea, if I really loved him I'd go for it... but the problem is... I really don't know if I do..... it's not like I think he's handsome or anything... he's not ugly, but not exactly attractive... He changed alot since things became awkward between us and became gothic and such, grew his hair, has a beard(he's 17 yes!) and yea... I'm not very fond of that look... somewhere it doesn't seem fair to me to start something if I want to change him... The only thing I know for sure is that there's some physical attraction between us... but I dunno if there's more...
My best friend is different, he's more 'normal' ... but I really can't picture myself with him.... all I feel for him is a great friendship.. but yea, that's all..
:uhoh:

Told you me and men don't go together, unless he's Irish and called Bono! :wink:

Bye Jem :hug:

VintagePunk said:
Awww, Bri! It really doesn't sound like he's avoiding you. In fact, it sounds like he's incredibly stressed, and that you're one of the bright spots (~BrightestStar~) :cute in his life right now. I don't think he would have said those things to you had he been intentionally avoiding you, or had a girlfriend.

You sound like me (or at least the way I used to be, I *think* I'm getting a little better :shifty )...taking things personally, and thinking "fine, screw you, then!" when the issues that a person has really have nothing to do with me. And sometimes when I'm incredibly overwhelmed with things, I tend to sort of shut down, and not want a lot of contact with people, either.

I would just e-mail him or something, let him know you're thinking of him, wondering how he's doing, and that you understand the stress he's under....tell him that if he needs a source to vent to, you're there for him. Then, just leave it at that, and see if he responds. If he doesn't, don't take it personally. some people, and guys especially, need to crawl away for a bit, and just work things out on their own. :yes But in the end, he'll appreciate that you at least offered, I'm sure. :) :hug:

:hug::heart:

It's funny, as I was thinking about that and writing it all out, I suddenly realized how much like you I sounded. :lol: :clone:

And I really should be understanding, cause I'm the same too...when I'm stressed I like to be left alone, have some space...

I think part of what makes me so insecure or whatever is that we aren't from the same circle. So there's no grapevine contact or anything like that. There's no one to say, "oh hey, I bumped into Adam the other day and bot is he freakin about some lab".
So he could ride an elephant to school and unless he told me, I wouldn't know.
Ok...well, maybe that's not a great example...:lol:
I think I kind of fear that if I keep sending him messages, and he's not responding that I'll seem clingy, or whatever....

You are, of course, offering excellent advice, per usual. Maybe I'll leave him a message next time he's signed into MSN...(he doesn't check his email much...)

Aww, thanks for listening girls. :hug::heart:
I tell ya, we should just have PGP sleepover, and eat chocolate and rant about boys and watch movies with hot men...

~BrightestStar~ said:
Aww, thanks for listening girls. :hug::heart:
I tell ya, we should just have PGP sleepover, and eat chocolate and rant about boys and watch movies with hot men...

Thanks for the same to everybody here :hug:

I like your idea :wink: what movies do you suggest?

:shifty:

I'm in for the very new movie A Night In The Life Of Bono :sexywink:

sami0201 said:
:shifty

Boy problems are everywhere these days! :lmao: I have a good story but I don't know what to do about this boy...

:lol:

Bring it on, girlfriend!
As you can see, we're having ourselves a boyrant fest. :wink:

And which boy is 'this boy', this time? :p

Galeongirl said:

Thanks for the same to everybody here :hug

I like your idea :wink: what movies do you suggest?

:shifty

I'm in for the very new movie A Night In The Life Of Bono :sexywink:

:hmm:
I'm liking your movie suggestion

......mind you, I've never been one to watch movies staring myself...:shifty:

Ok so I had a class with this boy in 10th grade and we were just like acquaintances, whatever. Then around a month ago I got a message from him on facebook that said "hi, how are you, I feel like I haven't seen you since we had class together, etc" I didn't even remember who he was!! So then we started talking a bit and he asked me if I party a lot and I said no not really and he said that one day he'll have to get me to go out with them. Then last week I think? He sent me a message and asked me for my number so I gave it to him and then I haven't heard anything since.

He hangs out with a lot of people who I don't like, some people I do though. He's the kind of person who parties all the time and he's a lot older than me (he's been 18 for a while already, I just turned 17). And I don't even really know him and although he's kinda cute I'm not initally attracted to him- I don't feel that "thing". My friends tell me I'm nuts and that I better go out with him if he asks me. But he hangs out with a different crowd, and I don't know...I might even be getting ahead of myself here, maybe he won't even ask me. Oh and I found out last week that he's really really really really rich. :lol: Loaded. Lives in like a $10 million house in the most expensive community in town. Not like that affects my decisions or anything, but it's good to know. :wink: And my mom wasn't too crazy about him (something I'll have to PM you about as not to sound rude) but now she's like "oh okay you can go out with him!" :ohmy: :tsk:

and by the way I have no classes with him this year. and whenever we see each other in the hallways (rarely) we smile or say hi but that's it. He eats at lunch like 10 feet away from us but we've never spoken at lunch or anything. :huh: I sit with my back to him and my friends say that sometimes he's looking at me.

Last edited:
Men. They just don't appreciate me. :( :sigh:

Or they're all taken. :shrug:

OT: The Tigers announcers just mentioned one of the players is from my old home town! :happy:

... and they're tied 0-0 in the top of the second -- Go Tigers. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom