Pleban Girls Party: We'd like to screw...with you too! (Courtesy of Bri)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CeeCee said:

I had over 300 dollars saved for college this summer, to take Prehistoric Europe. Then my parents had a bit of a spot and I had to spend it all and because I didn't realize and didn't pull out of the class on time I have to pay the college 981 dollars before they;ll elt me into class. Plus I've got college loans to start paying back.

I never got the chance to go to college...or even save up the money to go to college....:sigh:

CeeCee said:
It is! Good thing about part time, while you can't excatly support yourself, at least you're not tired all the time. I don't know what it is about a full time job you hate that just sucks your soul out your navel.

Or even a full time job you like but don't really love. I think it's all the time I spend at work thinking of all the things I could be doing if only I were home.

Good luck with the job fair! I hope you find something that you don't hate.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
That's what I meant with "You must have been busy with something"

But the ice cream and the chatting couldn't have taken much more than fifteen or twenty minutes. That leaves an hour and forty minutes in which I did nothing and cannot recall (not) doing it.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Yea...you should be lucky...both of my parents needs meds...and some of them are just as expensive as a full tank of gas (dendable on the size of the car) now a days.

:mad: I HATE the healthcare system, pharmeceutical companies, and the fact that corporations are allowed to make a profit off of people's illnesses.

Eidolon Bird said:

Or even a full time job you like but don't really love. I think it's all the time I spend at work thinking of all the things I could be doing if only I were home.

Good luck with the job fair! I hope you find something that you don't hate.

*nods* It's at Michael's the craft store. I worked at Ben Franklin, another craft store, for like a year and a half. Then the one manager, Mr. Ball, got transferred and the hiring manager got too big for her britiches and started hiring her 16 year old daughters friends. People started quitting. I was doing a class or two at community college and when a department head came up I put in and she said she didn't want anyone in school, which I could take. Then she turned aroudn and gave it to her 16 year old daughter, who was still in high school. I was already working a second part tiem job that paid me like 6.25 instead of the minum wage I was getting. And she kept mis schduling me to work. Then I had to work thanksgiving at the second job and she told me if I didn't work thanksgiving there she was going to fire me. So i quite for hte hire paying job. Didn't say there too long before I got soemthign else cause I was seasonal but...

I should go to bed. It's after 4am. Not that I've got anywhere to be or anything, but I've got to quit staying up all night on BLue Crack and working on stuff for my little guitar world brain.

Weldy. :hug: :hug: :hug:

If it helps, my dad has prostate cancer. He jsut refuses to have it treated. SO he doens't work at all.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
Yea...but that's the price I have to pay for my parent's illness/transplants/disorders.

Yeah, but I don't think it's right that you have to pay as much as you do for that stuff.

Healthcare is a topic that's too easy for me to rant about so I'll shut up now.

Eidolon Bird said:

Yeah, but I don't think it's right that you have to pay as much as you do for that stuff.

Healthcare is a topic that's too easy for me to rant about so I'll shut up now.

I think we all have topics we rant about easily. What topics do you enjoy talking about? (since I don't know if we've actually 'met' or not...)

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Yea...but my dad also has to pay for the meds too....and he's the one with the health insurance.

I don't...:sad:

I guess I should try to clarify: The healthcare industry (especially drug companies) wastes LOT of money, and it's mostly the sick people that have to pick up the cost. The cost of treatment is astronomical and it breaks my heart to hear of people who have a hard time paying their bills or flat out cannot afford the things they need. I work in the industry and see it far more often than I would like, so it's something that I am very easily bothered by.

:hug: My best wishes to you and your family. Maybe some day this stuff won't be quite so expensive and you will be able to go to college or do other things you would like to do.

Eidolon Bird said:

I guess I should try to clarify: The healthcare industry (especially drug companies) wastes LOT of money, and it's mostly the sick people that have to pick up the cost. The cost of treatment is astronomical and it breaks my heart to hear of people who have a hard time paying their bills or flat out cannot afford the things they need. I work in the industry and see it far more often than I would like, so it's something that I am very easily bothered by.

:hug: My best wishes to you and your family. Maybe some day this stuff won't be quite so expensive and you will be able to go to college or do other things you would like to do.

Oh...Ok...I understand now.

Yea...I wish too.

Back
Top Bottom