Pleban Girls Party - We need Love and Peace!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FlyYourKite said:
Hi girls! :hug: :heart:

I'm educating myself on the crazy political parties views on issues for this upcoming election. Yay for being able to vote for the first time :up:

How's everyone doing?

I was posting my resume online tonight. Yay me. I have seriously got to look for a new job. I cannot take the job I have much longer ...

:sigh:

On another note, Fly and any other Canadians: Didn't they just dissolve the government and call for an election? It sort of blows my mind that Canada and the UK can do that at any time ...

jobob said:

:sigh:

On another note, Fly and any other Canadians: Didn't they just dissolve the government and call for an election? It sort of blows my mind that Canada and the UK can do that at any time ...

Not any time, only when there is a minority government.

Oh, and yes it did. It fell earlier this week. And they'd been planning it for a bit now.

Night Sami! :hug: :heart:
Sweet dreams!

Diane L said:
Hi everyone!! :wave: :hug:

Hello, Diane! :hug:

Tonight I told myself "Self, you can't write fanfic tonight or play in Pleba all night. You have to look for a job." So I posted my resume to job boards.

I get so :sad: though. There doesn't seem to be much out there, and I don't want to stay at the job I have.

SG!! Jobob!! :hug: :hug:

Joanne, remember the so-called librarian shortage? :lmao: I think a lot of job changers decided at the same time that getting an MLS degree would be kewl, and now there is a glut. And I don't know how it is in MI, but where I live they are looking primarily for young people, especially men. If you are in your 20's, male and have an MLS degree, you have a REAL good chance of getting a job fast!

The important thing is, not to give up! And aren't you by Ann Arbor and ProQuest, which should be a great place to apply?!?!

BTW, I didn't get the tech services job I wanted so badly. :sad: I'd love to know why.

Diane L said:
SG!! Jobob!! :hug: :hug:

Joanne, remember the so-called librarian shortage? :lmao: I think a lot of job changers decided at the same time that getting an MLS degree would be kewl, and now there is a glut. And I don't know how it is in MI, but where I live they are looking primarily for young people, especially men. If you are in your 20's, male and have an MLS degree, you have a REAL good chance of getting a job fast!

The important thing is, not to give up! And aren't you by Ann Arbor and ProQuest, which should be a great place to apply?!?!

BTW, I didn't get the tech services job I wanted so badly. :sad: I'd love to know why.

Well, here in Michigan, I'll just say things aren't good if you're job hunting. (Not just if you're trying to find a job in my field, but a job, period.) Sorry you didn't get the job you wanted.

ProQuest and Gale, unfortunately, don't seem to want people with MLS or MLIS degrees at the moment. In an ironic twist, Gale wants editorial assistants -- and I already AM one elsewhere.

jobob said:

Well, here in Michigan, I'll just say things aren't good if you're job hunting. (Not just if you're trying to find a job in my field, but a job, period.) Sorry you didn't get the job you wanted.

ProQuest and Gale, unfortunately, don't seem to want people with MLS or MLIS degrees at the moment. In an ironic twist, Gale wants editorial assistants -- and I already AM one elsewhere.

Edit: Maybe I should go apply for my Irish work visa?

VertigoBonoCCCH19.jpg

VertigoBonoCCCH17.jpg

VertigoBonoCCCH16.jpg

jobob said:

Say WHAT? They don't want people with an MLS degree?!?!?! They must be trying to keep salaries low, that's the only thing I can think of...these people are crazy, CRAZY...

And the job market here is bad too. I'm in the midst of unpacking boxes I never unpacked when I moved to my apt. five years ago, searching for things that are eBay worthy.

Diane L said:

Say WHAT? They don't want people with an MLS degree?!?!?! They must be trying to keep salaries low, that's the only thing I can think of...these people are crazy, CRAZY...

Either they're crazy or I can't read their job postings. :shrug:

Anyway. I would go on, but ... need to think happy thoughts. Thoughts of seeing this again on Sunday:

DSC00520.jpg

There. I'm starting to feel better.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom