Pleban Girls Party - we keep going, and going, and going....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
Yea it has...but I'm a little wary about taking a shower.

Other than that....I think I went through another allergy attack...but I'm fine now Alison :D

Good to hear you're okay now! :D

I really need to be more careful with my camera... every week I lose it... then it winds up in some place I put it and probably told myself I'd remember it... :lol:

How sad is this... I'm going to my housemates' brother's karate grading tomorrow, and I want to try and use the video on my digital camera... so I need to delete all the photos I have on the memory card to free up space...
... except I still have my U2 concert/stalking photos on there and I don't want to wipe them... :lol:
I've saved them all on my computer of course, and given copies to others, but... you know... :reject:

Last edited:
omg Ali, I did the same thing! I had some real pangs when I finally had to wipe my u2 pics off my camera's memory card, even though I had them on disc, on my hard drive, and printed. Kinda crazy, but probably normal for an obsessed fan like us, lol!

:shocked: No way! Has she been living under a rock?! I can't believe that.... she must recognise some of their music, even if she doesn't know the name....!!

Aha! I think I've found the source of the grub things... and I think you're right Molly, about the moth thing.
Anyway, they're all gone now. :evil:

I need to go for a bit... off to visit a friend and borrow some bootlegs. :D

Seeya! :wave:

Very easy to catch up when no one's posted for three hours :lol:

Elevation kicked ass tonight as usual, Kafrun was there too :) (Btw Kaf if you read this, I meant to introduce you to some of the GTAers, but you kept going back to the railing on me :wink: Hope you had fun!)

Now it's nearly 4:30am and I'm getting my butt to bed - g'night :D

Sad_Girl said:
I have groupies :cool: :wink: :hug:

:flirt: ofcourse you do! Congrats on your story, and :shifty: I'll be in line for an authographed copy next to Wild and Jem....

:shift: can I be a member of the fanclub too??

Alisaura said:

It's something to do with the virus being in contact with the skin for longer in uncircumcised men... guys are gross and I guess they don't always bathe thoroughly.... :slant:

just to let you know, that's complete rubbish! It's being done to prevent infections, but it will NOT protect you against HIV or make it less likely to get it... The virus isn't in the skin, it will be in your blood and in the genital fluids, so if you get in touch with the virus for just as short as a second, while you've a bleeding cut,open wound or sexual contact, you're most likely infected.. circumcision won't make that risk any lower!
Here in Holland it's forbidden by law, unless it's for religious reasons..

Jem and SG, I promise that if I for once will have a decent thread title, I might make one in the future... :hug: but I doubt that'll happen soon! :wink:

Galeongirl said:

just to let you know, that's complete rubbish! It's being done to prevent infections, but it will NOT protect you against HIV or make it less likely to get it... The virus isn't in the skin, it will be in your blood and in the genital fluids, so if you get in touch with the virus for just as short as a second, while you've a bleeding cut,open wound or sexual contact, you're most likely infected.. circumcision won't make that risk any lower!

I stand corrected...!
I know you shouldn't believe everything you see on TV, I was just repeating what I saw on a documentary about HIV in Africa a few years ago. It claimed that there were these two villages, one of which practised circumcision and the other didn't, and the one that did had a much lower rate of HIV infection. I guess it was just a co-incidence then, or there's some other reason. :shrug:

Hello Galeongirl, by the way :wave:

Alisaura said:

I stand corrected...!
I know you shouldn't believe everything you see on TV, I was just repeating what I saw on a documentary about HIV in Africa a few years ago. It claimed that there were these two villages, one of which practised circumcision and the other didn't, and the one that did had a much lower rate of HIV infection. I guess it was just a co-incidence then, or there's some other reason. :shrug:

Hello Galeongirl, by the way :wave:

Don't worry, it's not just you. That is one of the biggest problems in africa itself, the people are misinformed! In some countries there they tell young boys if they have sex with a virgin they will not get HIV... hence the reason why so many young girls are raped!

Hi you back :hug: I'm sorry I got lost watching old Grammy videos...
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4275064#post4275064
:D

Cool... our internet is running slow today, I'll have to check those out later.
I've been distracted watching my stockpile of video clips I've been downloading but not watched yet... :lol: I'm in the middle of the "Off the Record" interview at the moment. :)

Galeongirl said:

Some observers also point out that variation in circumcision practices may help explain why HIV rates in countries or regions differ. In areas where circumcision is common, HIV infection rates tend to be low. In North America, where about 80 percent of men are circumcised, only a fraction of 1 percent of the population is HIV-positive. In western Africa, another area where circumcision is widely practiced, rates of HIV infection among those ages 15 to 49 are just 1 percent to 5 percent. But in eastern and southern Africa, where typically fewer than 20 percent of men are circumcised, rates of HIV infection range from 15 percent to 25 percent.9 The spread of HIV in Thailand and Cambodia also has been largely attributed to low male circumcision rates.10

However, other scientists point out that at least five studies have found no protective role for circumcision and one has found that circumcision increases risk of HIV infection. There are discrepancies. Why, for example, are HIV rates lower in Europe, where men typically are uncircumcised? Why are they high in some places, like Ethiopia, where men are usually circumcised?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4371384.stm

But then:

http://www.cirp.org/library/disease/HIV/vanhowe4/

and:

http://zimdaily.com/news/129/ARTICLE/1260/2007-01-29.html

:scream: Confusing stuff

Sad_Girl said:

Some observers also point out that variation in circumcision practices may help explain why HIV rates in countries or regions differ. In areas where circumcision is common, HIV infection rates tend to be low. In North America, where about 80 percent of men are circumcised, only a fraction of 1 percent of the population is HIV-positive. In western Africa, another area where circumcision is widely practiced, rates of HIV infection among those ages 15 to 49 are just 1 percent to 5 percent. But in eastern and southern Africa, where typically fewer than 20 percent of men are circumcised, rates of HIV infection range from 15 percent to 25 percent.9 The spread of HIV in Thailand and Cambodia also has been largely attributed to low male circumcision rates.10

However, other scientists point out that at least five studies have found no protective role for circumcision and one has found that circumcision increases risk of HIV infection. There are discrepancies. Why, for example, are HIV rates lower in Europe, where men typically are uncircumcised? Why are they high in some places, like Ethiopia, where men are usually circumcised?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4371384.stm

But then:

http://www.cirp.org/library/disease/HIV/vanhowe4/

and:

http://zimdaily.com/news/129/ARTICLE/1260/2007-01-29.html

:scream: Confusing stuff

Well, I think there are different reasons for the fact that it's so low.... for instance, check the difference in the amount of poverty stricken people and villages between east and west africa.. the east and south are far more impoverished..

but yea, I guess we'll never know the truth :hmm:

:lol: Past bedtime for you and early Saturday morning for me :wink:

I have to go give my nephew a ride to drivers training in a couple of minutes and run a few other errands, but nothing too strenuous for a Saturday

I have a feeling it will be a lazy day for me - I might watch 'much ado about nothing' and eat junk food when I get back from running errands :drool:

Sounds like the day I had today... did nothing but borrow some CDs from a friend and eat fish and chips for dinner :D
Is that the version with Kenneth Branagh in? I don't know of another version, but you never know :) I like that film!

Alisaura said:
Sounds like the day I had today... did nothing but borrow some CDs from a friend and eat fish and chips for dinner :D
Is that the version with Kenneth Branagh in? I don't know of another version, but you never know :) I like that film!

:yes: Yep Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson, Denzel Washington, Keanu Reeves, and Michael Keaton :up:

Cool :up: I don't think I'd realised that Shakespeare had a sense of humour until I saw that... all we'd done of Shakespeare at school was Romeo & Juliet and Hamlet and Macbeth... depressing stuff!
(Although seeing a young Mel Gibson doing Hamlet was kind of amusing) :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom