Pleban Girls Party - We keep going and going ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruff, SG, Bob called me tonight and I asked him about the whole points thing. Apparently, there's a reciprocity agreement between MI and Ontario, and the points WILL apply here. :mad:

So, I might have to make a trip back there after all.

:hmm:

Detroit 2 was an INCREDIBLE show and, I suppose, I couldn't really have asked for a better last show for me to attend :yes:

I even bought the opening acts CD on the way home :)

VintagePunk said:
Ruff, SG, Bob called me tonight and I asked him about the whole points thing. Apparently, there's a reciprocity agreement between MI and Ontario, and the points WILL apply here. :mad:

:hyper: :hyper: :happy: :lol:

and how ironic, don't you think? having to ask Bob and get the news from him? :wink:

Sad_Girl said:
Detroit 2 was an INCREDIBLE show and, I suppose, I couldn't really have asked for a better last show for me to attend :yes:

I even bought the opening acts CD on the way home :)

I don't know how I'm going to react after my last show. These shows have been important--maybe too important--to me and the rest of life will seem so boring and disappointing without having them to look forward to.

Diane L said:
It's so good to see everyone back from Detroit! You were so missed!!!

:yes:

It was actually kind of quiet on Interference with so many people at the shows. We did get to hear (sort of) some of them though. Gorman hooked up a thingy to stream the shows through his computer from someone's cellphone at the show. Of course, it sounded like a bad cellphone call, but it was still cool :wink:.

I think the general conclusion was that ramblin rose's blackberry reception sounded the least like Bono was being attacked by angry bees.

kellyahern said:

:yes:

It was actually kind of quiet on Interference with so many people at the shows. We did get to hear (sort of) some of them though. Gorman hooked up a thingy to stream the shows through his computer from someone's cellphone at the show. Of course, it sounded like a bad cellphone call, but it was still cool :wink:.

I think the general conclusion was that ramblin rose's blackberry reception sounded the least like Bono was being attacked by angry bees.

Yeah, it was very quiet. And it's fun to listen in on the show, even when the sound quality isn't terrific. Technology can be your friend!!!

kellyahern said:

:ohmy: :yikes: that's a rather scary description! :ohmy:

and :yes: I was surprised to see just how many interferencers were there!

Diane L said:
It's so good to see everyone back from Detroit! You were so missed!!!

Those of us at the Setlist Party were going crazy over Detroit II. Crumbs into Bad? Gloria? THAT's a great show!

It was so great (how great was it, jobob?), it would have even been a great show to see from a seat!

It was so great, I almost forgot I wanted them to play Fast Cars! THAT'S how great of a show Detroit II was!

<rim shot from Larry>

And here's a link I found on @U2.com story on the Penn speech, while looking for the Flint Journal review of the Detroit shows:

http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=4099

The Flint Journal review is actually on a site called mlive:

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/features-1/113025382356350.xml&coll=5

kellyahern said:

We know what you're trying to say, but:

Bees do not attack Bono! Bees love Bono! Remember the end of U2 at the End of the World and Bob Hewson's story of young Paul Hewson catching bees on his fingers in his parent's garden?

VintagePunk said:

:wink:

Diane L said:

I don't know how I'm going to react after my last show. These shows have been important--maybe too important--to me and the rest of life will seem so boring and disappointing without having them to look forward to.

i know :|

girls, i'm off to take a bath. i'll be back either later tonight or tomorrow. good to see all of you :hug:

i listened to Bush all the way to work today. After seeing Gavin Rossdale... :drool:

Diane L said:
Joanne, I think Doug Pullen is the guy who wrote my sig quote too!

Yup. Same review. Couldn't resist, 'cause it was a good review and a great quote.

And as you know, I am, and others also are, touring the Vertigo Tour. :wink:

Pullen's been an entertainment writer for that paper for years. I think he is their music reviewer; he may also review movies.

ruffian said:
girls, i'm off to take a bath. i'll be back either later tonight or tomorrow. good to see all of you :hug:

i listened to Bush all the way to work today. After seeing Gavin Rossdale... :drool:

I got a couple of really good Gavin pics. :drool: I'll send them to you.

Talk to you soon! :hug:

ruffian said:

:hug: relax, get some rest girl! :heart:

We'll be here when you have some time to chat again. :)

and I bought the Institute CD and listened to it most of the way home Wednesday :up: Although I don't see the Gavin thing... but DAMN the Bass player is HOT!!! :combust:

Sad_Girl said:
VP - Did Sarah get any pics uploaded in between homework sessions?

:reject: I'm a total bad influence :lol:

Turns out she put them on the computer last night. I just need to upload them to Photobucket. She'll need the computer back in a few minutes, but I'll get them on before I go to bed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom