PLEBAn Girls Party - We just can't get enough of that lovey dovey stuff..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VP, are you sick? :(

Bri, where's the picture from?

SG, saw the pics of your new tattoo--beautiful

(but it's no PGP ass tattoo :madspit: )

Sad_Girl said:

Well, I can honestly say that is the first time I've ever recieved that particular compliment :wink: :lol:

I'm all right, thanks. Was going to go out but plans changed - no biggie - I'm actually having fun otherwise; probably more than I would have

Got a couple of new CD's today and stuff, now I'm sims clothes shopping and hanging out with you guys :love:

I live to be original. :wink:

Awww, so we won't see videos of you on the web drunkenly singing? *pout*

What CDs did ya get? :hyper:

yeah, what CD's did you get? I got addicted to Limewire.com--does anyone else use it?

Bought the U2 book today :drool:

ruffian said:

I couldn't get my ass tatoo without you guys! :no: :lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:

I live to be original. :wink:

Awww, so we won't see videos of you on the web drunkenly singing? *pout*

What CDs did ya get? :hyper:

Well, no NEW videos anyway :wink:

I got the Broadway cast recording of 'Rent' :nerd: and then a sampler CD of independant recording artists from New Orleans :drool:

Sad_Girl said:

for a cheesy sitcom :lmao:

Yes!! :lmao:

ruffian said:

I just came across it in the Misc pic thread. One of the girls here has a similar pic in her sig.

And what have you been up to lately...besides drowing in work? :hug:

ruffian said:
I got addicted to Limewire.com--does anyone else use it?

Moi!

I am forever saddened that WinMX got taken down though, it was the best :drool:

ruffian said:

Nah, just had a bit of an upset stomach for a few days this week. It was going around. I'm fine now.

SO good to see you! :)

PGP ass tattoos... :drool:

just got back from N.O. I swear, I ate dinner one night and it was easily 3000 calories. BBQ shrimp in some kind of butter sauce. ONLY in N.O. can they find a way to add butter to BBQ. and i ate every bite! then I had a brownie!

:lardass:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Yes!! :lmao:

I just came across it in the Misc pic thread. One of the girls here has a similar pic in her sig.

And what have you been up to lately...besides drowing in work? :hug:

Moi!

I am forever saddened that WinMX got taken down though, it was the best :drool:

I love limewire! I had no idea U2 had done a cover of Abba's "Dancing Queen"!

I've mostly been working really long days. Went to Chicago to see Snow Patrol 2 weeks ago and New Orleans last weekend. Ended up second row on the field. Billy Joe winked at me and I almost fainted--like a 12 year old :reject:

ruffian said:
PGP ass tattoos... :drool:

just got back from N.O. I swear, I ate dinner one night and it was easily 3000 calories. BBQ shrimp in some kind of butter sauce. ONLY in N.O. can they find a way to add butter to BBQ. and i ate every bite! then I had a brownie!

:lardass:

Were you at the game? :hyper:

At least you have a good meal to look back on, when faced with your lardass. :up: I have nothing. :|

Except for that day when I binged and had like 6 giant chocolate chip cookies. :shifty:

VintagePunk said:

Nah, just had a bit of an upset stomach for a few days this week. It was going around. I'm fine now.

i hate feeling queasy. glad you're doing better :up: hey, you were allowed the cookies since you'd been sick.

for an 8 minute performance it was definitely worth it, oddly. the energy in the stadium was just magnificent.

ruffian said:

I've mostly been working really long days. Went to Chicago to see Snow Patrol 2 weeks ago and New Orleans last weekend. Ended up second row on the field. Billy Joe winked at me and I almost fainted--like a 12 year old :reject:

I used to find the awesomest things on WinMX.
Old commericals and stuff :love:

My whole music collection got blown away when I updated my OS. Limewire is helping me slowly rebuild..

Omg! You were at the game!!! :hyper:
It looked amazing on tv :drool:

ruffian said:

OMG that is so cool! :hug: I should've known You'd find a way to be there :wink:

My two favorite bands of all-time TOGETHER! :faint:

Sad_Girl said:

I want to see Louisiana! Cajun food :drool:

Cajun accents! :drool: I saw Harry Connick jr. when they had us corraled backstage and I thought of his accent and got all weak-kneed.

Hey, SG, I know you've seen Green Day before. Why is it that there are three members of the band but they have all those other guys that play with them...and they aren't "in" the band? It's so odd. They were all in the backstage area, too.

They took us to rehearse in the arena adjacent to the superdome and it turns out that the loading dock near the arena was not restricted. So lots of U2 crew were there, and Adam came out to watch the rehearsal at one point :ohmy:

VintagePunk said:

Who else was there? :shifty: :lol:

:shame:

:wink:

I did get to talk to Paul, Dallas, and B was just coming around the corner in the hotel when I was going up the elevator. So of course I slowed my pace and then walked backwards :wink:

^ On a only somewhat related note, Whatever happened to that study you did of the GA lineup and all that?

They took you to rehearse? How does one rehearse being a crowd? :hmm:

Not to mention being in *that* crowd :drool:

Crowd: :hyper:
Guy: Ok now everyone, we're gonna need you too look excited!
Crowd: ...:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Guy: Alrighty, I think we've mastered the skills....

~BrightestStar~ said:

It looked amazing on tv :drool:

the sound on the field sucked...hard to understand the words because of the weirdo stadium acoustics, though i think it sounded good to people in the stands. but the vibe was awesome.

in the rehearsal the organizers were like, "walk SLOWLY but QUICKLY onto the field." Yeah right. people freakin' BOLTED. I just kept thinking, "god don't let me fall facedown on the astroturf and get a big burn on my face" :lol:

Bri, I am addicted to Limewire, though I don't have enough time to surf much. Man, they have so much! I'll never buy another CD (unless it's of course our boys).

BTW, Snow Patrol in Chicago were awesome! I was most definitely the only person over the age of 16 on the floor besides Alli :wink:

ruffian said:

Cajun accents! :drool: I saw Harry Connick jr. when they had us corraled backstage and I thought of his accent and got all weak-kneed.

Hey, SG, I know you've seen Green Day before. Why is it that there are three members of the band but they have all those other guys that play with them...and they aren't "in" the band? It's so odd. They were all in the backstage area, too.

They took us to rehearse in the arena adjacent to the superdome and it turns out that the loading dock near the arena was not restricted. So lots of U2 crew were there, and Adam came out to watch the rehearsal at one point :ohmy:

Harry!!!!!!!!! He was #1 on my list for so long :combust: I think his voice and Bono's are my two favorite sounds in the world :drool:

Green Day started out with the three members and have had different people come and go in different positions over the years; they work sort of like a solo singer who works with different bands, only there are three of them :lol:

that's one of the things I like best about them, their loyalty to each other - plus bringing in other musicians to perform with them keeps their sound fresh, always changing things up a bit

Adam! :hyper: that so totally sounds like something he would do :yes: :lol:

ruffian said:

:shame:

:wink:

I did get to talk to Paul, Dallas, and B was just coming around the corner in the hotel when I was going up the elevator. So of course I slowed my pace and then walked backwards :wink:

Quite a chore, to walk backwards without it seeming obvious. :wink: :lol: Did Paul remember you? :hyper:

We saw Green Day in 2002, and they had an extra guitarist then...I think they've always toured with one.

Oh! And I know you love music, Ruff, obviously :wink: But in this round of sims, I threw in a bunch of actors and other celebrity type guys, too ...

your sim just got married to sim Christian Bale

she had a long affair with Sim Bono but he's seeing like three other girls, too :lol:

Bri, the GA study stats are done but Marie and I are now trying to find a long weekend to spend together to analyze the data. I've really been putting it off :tsk: I traveled too much this summer, that is for sure.

In a nutshell, we found that U2 fans are no more altruistic than any other fans, but that they do have a heightened sense of moral outrage over line cutting. All the other research suggests people don't give a crap who cuts behind them...but U2 fans care regardless of whether the cutting is in front of them or behind them. Very interesting. And diehard fans (10 concerts or more on a tour) have an even greater sense of moral outrage than casual fans.

:nerd:

ruffian said:

the sound on the field sucked...hard to understand the words because of the weirdo stadium acoustics, though i think it sounded good to people in the stands. but the vibe was awesome.

in the rehearsal the organizers were like, "walk SLOWLY but QUICKLY onto the field." Yeah right. people freakin' BOLTED. I just kept thinking, "god don't let me fall facedown on the astroturf and get a big burn on my face" :lol:

Bri, I am addicted to Limewire, though I don't have enough time to surf much. Man, they have so much! I'll never buy another CD (unless it's of course our boys).

BTW, Snow Patrol in Chicago were awesome! I was most definitely the only person over the age of 16 on the floor besides Alli :wink:

What were the flashing lights like?
It was blinding just on the tv, I imagined people having seizures on the field ...:eek:
:lol:

I rarely buy CDs :reject: :shh:
I have a bad habit of only liking a few songs by a given band, or off a given album, that results in me not being able to justify paying 15 or 20 bucks for the thing...

Back
Top Bottom