Pleban Girls Party - We don't get older, we just get hotter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sami0201 said:

OMG :yikes: I am not telling my friends this, they will seriously cancel the trip. :lol:

The worst things about the trip:

-The flights. To get us all on the same flights, we had three of them, despite the fact that we'd all booked months ahead of time, and it wasn't a huge group. Then, we only had 45 minutes or so to get from flight to flight in France, so we had to run the entire time, and I know that on the way home, we delayed our plane an hour. On the way there we didn't know they were holding it for us, so we were terrified we'd miss our flight.

-Okay, when we were in Rome, they had the Sistine Chapel scheduled. Pretty big thing to see, right? Well, the stupid tour company booked it so we'd be in Rome on Sunday, when that and the Vatican Museum are both closed. And they took the money for it, and they probably would've kept it if our teacher hadn't complained about it. Also, there were things mentioned in the itinerary that we didn't do (like a night tour of Rome) or that were overhyped (our tour of a leather manufacturer was five minutes of talking, and then hanging out in the store for half an hour.)

-And the fact that Spain, France and Italy ended up being Spain, driving through France and stopping twice, and Italy.

-And they didn't tell us that we had to tip the tour guide (who did next to nothing) and the bus driver (who kept getting lost) until we'd already paid the down payment.

It also bugged me that we got too much free time in cities where we didn't know where anything is. But I think that a lot of people didn't mind it. For half the people it was just a giant shopping and drinking trip, so...

But all things considered, it was an amazing experience, and you'll have so much fun. I think they could've handled things better, but just being in Europe and seeing the sights more than makes up for it.

VintagePunk said:

The worst things about the trip:

-The flights. To get us all on the same flights, we had three of them, despite the fact that we'd all booked months ahead of time, and it wasn't a huge group. Then, we only had 45 minutes or so to get from flight to flight in France, so we had to run the entire time, and I know that on the way home, we delayed our plane an hour. On the way there we didn't know they were holding it for us, so we were terrified we'd miss our flight.

-Okay, when we were in Rome, they had the Sistine Chapel scheduled. Pretty big thing to see, right? Well, the stupid tour company booked it so we'd be in Rome on Sunday, when that and the Vatican Museum are both closed. And they took the money for it, and they probably would've kept it if our teacher hadn't complained about it. Also, there were things mentioned in the itinerary that we didn't do (like a night tour of Rome) or that were overhyped (our tour of a leather manufacturer was five minutes of talking, and then hanging out in the store for half an hour.)

-And the fact that Spain, France and Italy ended up being Spain, driving through France and stopping twice, and Italy.

-And they didn't tell us that we had to tip the tour guide (who did next to nothing) and the bus driver (who kept getting lost) until we'd already paid the down payment.

It also bugged me that we got too much free time in cities where we didn't know where anything is. But I think that a lot of people didn't mind it. For half the people it was just a giant shopping and drinking trip, so...

But all things considered, it was an amazing experience, and you'll have so much fun. I think they could've handled things better, but just being in Europe and seeing the sights more than makes up for it.

Thanks for the info. :up: I feel like my teacher is very organized so hopefully that won't happen. :yikes: But I can't say I'd mind having free time. :wink: Some of my friends have already been there, so they know where to go (to shop, etc.) We are definitely going to look up places to go incase we have a ton of free time.

BRB, U2 are on!!

I dunno, but I certainly hope so. The video clips I saw earlier just had Edge and Bono. It's not U2 without all of them. We'll see (or hear in my case :wink: )

According to the spoiler posted on the U2 GTA list from u2log.com this morning, all of them are there from both bands :D If only I could hear/see it! :scream:

I'm so sorry you guys missed out on that. :hug: I know there will be videos and mp3's of it soon, I'm sure!

Wow. Absolutely incredible. I have goosebumps!!

It was awesome! :up: Apparently the rhapsody site is going to have video "soon". Don't know how quickly their version of soon is though. :lol: Probably not quick enough for me!

Just when I got connected too....alright guess I gotta wait after the game now.

Oh man I can't wait to hear and see it!! :drool:

I just listened to the Saints are Coming sample on the site :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom