Pleban Girls Party - Walking In A U2 Wonderland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey was catching up, i dont know whats wrong with me though, im sooo fecking tired :scream: at least i made it to work today though on time :happy:

oh and all of lukes friends(the 3 mentioned in post above) had asked kat for my number but she was like no get it yourself :lmao:

and they wimped out , boys :rolleyes:

WildHoney said:
Jem :hug :

3 boys want you :hyper :

They've obviously got taste :drool :

Maybe they've heard what a pervert you are or read some of your posts:lol :

:yikes: if they lurked, theyre not into U2 so im safe :happy:

i just relaied other posts made it sound like luke only has 3 friends :lmao: thats not true :wink:

i'd rather a certain irishman wanted me

:bono: :drool: :drool:

oh forgot to add i kept missing the dartboard before, 3 darts went into the wall before, might have been the drink me and kat were having

:lmao:

how are you? :hug:

craig thinks i should take out a loan to go to new zealand, i told him hes crazy :lmao:

The thing is the loan has to be paid back :sad:

I'm tired but :hyper: as i had to relive Boston all over again for my colleagues enjoyment :lol:

I mentioned the "sightening " we had at the beginning of Boston 1 :shifty: :drool:

0.jpg

PC040018_edited-2sm.jpg

Last edited:
WildHoney said:
The thing is the loan has to be paid back :sad :

I'm tired but :hyper: as i had to relive Boston all over again for my colleagues enjoyment :lol :

I mentioned the "sightening " we had at the beginning of Boston 1 :shifty : :drool :

0.jpg

PC040018_edited-2sm.jpg

i know, i told him i'd already htought about it :lmao: i wanna go sooo bad :scream: but you're right it has to be paid back :(

reliving Boston, dave hadnt told any one the real reason at work so ive only told him all the details and craig and my family and kats aunty so far :hyper:

"sightening" :ohmy: :drool: :combust:

:bump:

to con't my analogy..............

dazzledbylight said:
:hug: sami.............

i bet though under the right conditions with the right teacher.....you might begin to find History interesting.......

It CAN BE very dry..................... esp if it's alot of dates/events WITHOUT NO REAL discussion/understanding of how things came to be at that time to get the the results that happened......

in order to understand the world, your dual states and our country you eventually have to understand whats come before...why and even at times how it might have been different.

Just think....... here's what i think might be a a relevent example

topic:The Beatles in the USA
it IS VERY POSSIBLE thaT IF JFK HAD NOT been assasinated that The Beatles may not have ever became as big as they became in America....... why?

Because there are socialogists etc who feel the the grief that over took most of America.......and was filtered down to the pre-teens/ teens..that that made the time ripe enough to have something fun and exciting to 'take us away" in this case & timing The Beatles-- to be BIGGER than they ever might of been to drown out the PALL that the USA was IN.

ergo.....if The Beatles had not become as big, America might have stayed on a more "Beach Boys/ Jan & Dean" rudi Valle, Four Seasons path b/c they were around when the Beatles broke in America...

THIS is partly HOW you can teach history and make it interesting........IMHO :wink: :hug:

To bring it through the decades IF....................

..........The Beatles had NOT HAD such an impact on the USA esp their first American Hit album DID NOT have much of the bits of R&B that The Beat's put in earlier singles that went NOWHERE in the USA {before "Meet The Beatles" big USA debut }, THEN British Bands with a harder R&B sound { The Stones, Yardbirds <w Led Zep fore runners> Cream etc} may have had a harder & longer time breaking in the America market....IF EVEN ever.

HENDRIX who had to go to England and get popular there beofre he came back to the States to finally get more notice.
Maybe no JH in a big way here in USA.

The Who could of been a 50/50 % b/c thwey had Pop & Beach Boy { Keith Moon's favs} aspects as well as R&R influneces -- Shaking All Over, Summertime Blues etc}.
No Big Who USA fandom...maybe no Rock Opera....... giving a bigger rise for the Theme Album........even if Sgt Pepper {loosely themed}came first.

Hippiedom might have taken place anyway....... but with out the British Invasion {and R&B Influence} in hitting the charts and exert a REACTION BACK....bands like The Byrds, Jefferson Airplane , Janis Joplin etc ma ynot have been as big nTHUS the Woodstock may have had a altered "sound track to 'our' Generation" effect. may have been less strong.

Some of these AMERICAN BANDS ALSO helped to Fuel The Anti-War movement............. couldbeen wweaker w/o these bands and others.

I'm not doscounting Folk Music here bUT part of it did Hybridize into FOLK-ROCK back in the post Beatles Invasion. Which became a stronger springboard for Protest {white} Movement. African-Americans had had their OWN soundtrack of songs to fuel their struggles in which we absorbed it LATER.

dARING TO TAKE THIS EVEN further.........:lol:
to show you how wide & deep these riples of chaNGE could reach..............

AS more BRITiSH BANDS ARIVVED because the portal The Beatles built- we eventually get to.........

Yes, ELP, etc.................

Bands that SOME FOLKS EVENTUALLY said became too over-bloated and lost the SPIRIT of R&R................

which fueled the Bands from CBGB's to strip R&R back down {some more than otherrs}.....get popular enough to go to England AND influence.........sEX pISTOLS, tHE cLASH..............AND

Can you gueeeessssssssssss.... I know you can............:yes:

........U2................

<THIS is how History can be made interesting.....>

I rest my case :nerd:
:lock:
:wink:

see you tomorrow :hug:s

Last edited:
Dazz, I wish I'd had a history teacher like you!

All I got were dry, boring lectures ... :scream:

On another note, I finally unpacked my graduation gown for commencement tomorrow night and found out masters degree gowns have these odd, long sleeves. My arm's supposed to come out about halfway through, and the sleeve just continues down to this odd point ...

... which made me say "I'm gonna have Bono sleeves tomorrow night! Academic Bono sleeves!"

:hyper:

Just had to share. :wink:

Now to steam the wrinkles outta my robe before "Lost" comes on.

:wave:

Hi girls :hug:

SG, if you're still on, how are you feeling?? I've been thinking of you today. Better, I hope. :hug:

Joanne, congratulations on the eve of your graduation ceremony - you should be very proud of what you've accomplished! :hug:

Dazzled, that was a really interesting chain of events you proposed, thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed reading it. :) :hug:

I'm alright, thanks :) My biggest complaint at the moment is the bruise where I had blood drawn :( some people are good with needles... others shouldn't be working in hospital labs for a living :wink:

Sad_Girl said:
I'm alright, thanks :) My biggest complaint at the moment is the bruise where I had blood drawn :( some people are good with needles... others shouldn't be working in hospital labs for a living :wink:

Ouch :yikes: I hate it when people are rough or clearly haven't had enough practice. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom