Pleban Girls Party - Walking In A U2 Wonderland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russty Cat said:
Hi Joanne :hug: Glad you stopped by. :D

SG I think you did a great job. I can't imagine writing like that either. I've just begun to write from a males perspective and I'm still not sure if I totally get it right at times. I give people who can do that a ton of credit! :bow:

I have a question for ya, I need some advice from the perspective of a straight female. :giggle: There is a gal who works at the video store I go to. EVerytime I go in she is always very friendly and sort of flirtaous. I enjoy talking with her and would love to have her as a friend. I go in every Tuesday to get new releases and its sort of our joke, cuz if I'm not there when they open she always teases me about being late and how she was wondering where I was. Last week I didn't go in till late in the evening and she smiled all big when she saw me and said she was wondering where I was this morning and she had missed me. So I was thinking of taking her some holiday cookies next Tuesday and then asking her if she would like to hang out sometime and have a cup of coffee or something. Does that sound okay? I just think she is a neat person and I would love to be friends with her. She is a few years younger, but we have a lot in common. I just don't want to cross the line or creep her out. :lol:

I don't think that would be inappropriate at all. It's always nice to have someone reach out to you as a friend. If she's uncomfortable after you ask, just act like it's no big deal so she sees that it was just that; an invitation, no ulterior motives.

I'm sure she's more likely to say yes, anyway. :yes:

Jo - You'll do fine :) and enjoy it, you certainly earned the moment

Russty Cat said:
Your not a nerd. I'm sure I still have my high school tassel somewhere in a box. :hug:

And I do think taking Bonos glasses off makes him look alot younger. :heart:

larryBN.jpg

I just can't get enough of Baby Larry lately. I really need to stop finding pictures of him like this. Especially late at night. :lol:

:shocked: another one! Wow! I hadn't seen this one, either :love: I do love baby Larry :combust:

Jo - I still have the tassel from my HS graduation, too

Sad_Girl said:
Hey Jo :hug: are you excited about tomorrow night?

More nervous than excited, actually. It's been so long -- I'm not saying how long -- since I've been through a commencement ceremony.

I still have my tassels from my high school and college graduations. Does that make me some kind of nerd? Or just sentimental?

:nerd:

BTW, I just posted a new chapter ...

Russty: I would invite her out.

And thanks, SG and Russty: I guess I'm just more nervous about having my family meet me there. Even though I've e-mailed them the directions, and I'll have my cell phone with me. (even though they can't call me during the ceremony, of course!)

I'm hoping they get here in one piece and on time today -- there's a winter snow warning for eastern Michigan (where my stepmother and aunt and uncle are coming from) and Ohio (where my brother is coming from). :no:

Last edited:
ForLisette.jpg

I am totally drooling over his beautiful lips here, but also feeling like a dirty old woman. :lol:

Thanks guys. I think I will ask her to hang out. Its so hard for me to make friends when I don't work for someone else or go to school. I have thought she was a neat gal for months I just didn't know what to do about it. She has a little boy as well so I was thinking our kids could hang out. It would be nice for everyone. :heart:

Diane! :hug:

Love your location.

Edit: Oh, so you did read it! Thanks for the compliment!

You see, we were talking about band members and Christmas trees the other night, and ... well ...

Last edited:
Hi Diane :hug: How are you doing? :heart: I love your Santa Avi, very festive and cute!

I've finally started plotting my Christmas gifts and taken some steps to get them done, so I'm finally feeling a bit better about it coming so soon. hehe

Russty Cat said:
[
Thanks guys. I think I will ask her to hang out. Its so hard for me to make friends when I don't work for someone else or go to school. I have thought she was a neat gal for months I just didn't know what to do about it. She has a little boy as well so I was thinking our kids could hang out. It would be nice for everyone. :heart:

That is a great bonus, and an ice-breaker; having kids that can hang out, too :up:

I'm glad to hear you're finally better Diane :heart:

I've been a little under the weather, but I saw the doctor today, and it's nothing major, just a little virus.

Joanne, we had a happy story at our library. A custodian who was encouraged to get a library degree just got promoted to children's librarian. He went through a lot through the past year, including cancer (which is in remission, thank God). The library re-hired him full-time (he'd left for a part-time librarian job at another library), so he had medical benefits, and last Friday he was told he was the new children's librarian. Monday he started his new job.

Of course, he's young and a guy, which libraries are craving. But, after all the bad things he's gone through this year, I am so glad that something good happened for him. And it's good to see that libraries are still hiring!!!

Diane, I'm glad he got hired full-time. (Of course, it doesn't hurt he's a guy -- and a children's librarian.)

I have noticed a big jump in job postings on the listservs I'm on. I need to get busy this weekend and answer ads ...

Diane that is a great story! It sounds like they found a great person for a great job. If I had ever finished getting my degree in Library Science I wanted to be a childrens librarian. :heart: I just love to see children reading.

jobob said:
Diane, I'm glad he got hired full-time. (Of course, it doesn't hurt he's a guy -- and a children's librarian.)

I have noticed a big jump in job postings on the listservs I'm on. I need to get busy this weekend and answer ads ...

Oh, that's good to hear!!! Exactly what kind of job do you want (besides archiving Larry's U2 collection, that is?). I would like to do something behind the scenes, like indexing or writing abstracts.

I received a canvass letter for a trainee job at a great salary...but I just don't have the money to go back to school yet, and you have to be enrolled to get a trainee job. In fact, I'm going to have to reapply to the school to get back in! :sigh:

I hope you have a wonderful commencement ceremony!!!

I would like to do reference or research. I remember wanting to work in a special library when I started my degree, but now I'd work in either a public or special library.

And yes, archiving Larry's U2 collection would be fun. :wink:

Aww, thanks Russty & SG! Before he got sick, he and I used to talk about how other libraries seemed more helpful to employees who wanted to work their way up than ours. With me, it's a non-issue right now, because I had to drop out due to lack of money. But he took out loans and got through the program. He got sick right after graduation, and for a while things looked really frightening for him and we were all scared. But now he's got his health AND the job he wanted.

I hope we all get something that will make us feel happy for US next year!!!

Diane I totally agree! I hope we all get wonderful things and peace in the new year. I know I sure could use some. :giggle:

Russty: That was :lmao:

I couldn't believe I actually saw a Target ad tonight which ended with the words "Merry Christmas" across the TV screen.

:shocked:

I guess the fundmentalists really got to them ... those are the people who are really bothering me this Christmas season; the people who want to boycott stores for saying Happy Holidays instead of "Merry Christmas" in their stores and ads. Get a life!

jobob said:
Russty: That was :lmao:

I couldn't believe I actually saw a Target ad tonight which ended with the words "Merry Christmas" across the TV screen.

:shocked:

I guess the fundmentalists really got to them ... those are the people who are really bothering me this Christmas season; the people who want to boycott stores for saying Happy Holidays instead of "Merry Christmas" in their stores and ads. Get a life!

At the library today, a co-worker I like very much was going on about that. She's so cool in other ways (loooves Steven Tyler like we love Bono), but she is also a big Bill O'Reilly fan. I tried pointing out that there are more important things to worry about, like our young people being killed in Iraq, but she was all a-twitter about Merry Christmas instead. :sigh:

Russty: :kiss:

So are VP and Bri studying for exams these days? It's got to be end-of-semester time for them right now ...

I miss those days. Not. :wink:

It was a good excuse to post the picturea again. :wink:

I could care less about the stupid holiday vs. christmas stuff. All the fighting goes against what the season is supposed to be about anyway.

Back
Top Bottom