Pleban Girls Party - Waiting under the misletoe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You got that right! And let's not forget the lovely rain to add to our misery :happy:

Im still really irritated with Aric and the holidays aren't exactly bringing out the best in my parent's. How about you? What happened?

Yes, you did read correctly, not bad for a 40 year old ay!
We go up to Lake Placid after christmas and we all go snowboarding. I'm not like doing slopes or anything but I do strap my own board on and go!

As for my day...I've been feeling nostalgic. Last night I was flipping and I stopped at VH1 b/c I recognized some images. Kiefer Sutherland was promoting a band or something. Anyway, the band was playing at Whelan's, which is the first pub I went to in Dublin. THEN, the U2 WITS spills today and it has the Ballymun towers. And THEN I got an e-mail from a friend of mine in Dublin today.

It's been really hard. I miss that place so much. I thought I had finally found my home. I still feel out of place here.

redhotswami said:
As for my day...I've been feeling nostalgic. Last night I was flipping and I stopped at VH1 b/c I recognized some images. Kiefer Sutherland was promoting a band or something. Anyway, the band was playing at Whelan's, which is the first pub I went to in Dublin. THEN, the U2 WITS spills today and it has the Ballymun towers. And THEN I got an e-mail from a friend of mine in Dublin today.

It's been really hard. I miss that place so much. I thought I had finally found my home. I still feel out of place here.

I hope someday soon you are able to go back to Dublin :hug:. It's very clear from what you say about it just how much you really loved being there. Sounds like today really took you down memory lane.

JC that is so awesome! Im afraid to snowboard for fear of hurting myself in some way :giggle:

Yeah Mia it sucks BIG time that he hasn't called me back yet. Gives me plenty of time to think about it and when I do that then it makes me even madder. Like to think my mom's side of the family btw for my lovely German temper :wink:

JC - I've only been snowboarding once, so I have the utmost respect for you! I don't think I can do it again. After spending most of the day on me bum, I decided to hang out at the rescue cabin. I met Shane, one of the emergency people (i forget what they are called) :love: He made my experience!

Thanks Shannon, I hope so too. It's weird because since I've been back, a part of me is missing. And even though I'm with my parents for Christmas, and now my brother is here so the whole family is together...I keep wondering what Christmas would be like over there.

I love my family, I really do, but I get the feeling that my time over here is nearly over.

I don't know...I'm rambling.

I'm sorry he hasn't called. I don't know what his deal is. You don't deserve that. :(

You are welcome and it really seems like there is no doubt at all that you love your family. It's just that your heart really longs to be somewhere else. Life is funny you never where it will take you one from one day to the next. Oh and trust me you are not rambling! Just a lot on your mind right now.

Awwww thank you that was really sweet of you to say :hug: Sorry for complaining so much about him. Was just hit out of nowhere with all of this so wasn't exactly prepared to face this problem.

redhotswami said:
JC - I've only been snowboarding once, so I have the utmost respect for you! I don't think I can do it again. After spending most of the day on me bum, I decided to hang out at the rescue cabin. I met Shane, one of the emergency people (i forget what they are called) :love: He made my experience!

I've been snowboarding 4 years, I have cracked my head and hit me bum so hard I saw stars. This is the first year I will be wearing a helmut. :nerd: I will post some pictures when I get back.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom