Pleban Girls Party - U2 won all of our hearts long ago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No worries, Russty Cat. Not many of my friends or family have had any clue what the hell I'm talking about today... The exam's on Thursday, so I guess I have time...

Jez, for the 11 parts, I'm assuming you mean things like the thalamus, hypothalamus, cerebral cortex, hippocampus, etc.?

As for the gyri and sulci, I wasn't aware that they had separate names, and if they do, I don't know what they are, I am just aware of them being like physical descriptions of parts of the brain (eg: like comparing mountains and valleys in geography). As far as Willis Circle, I got nothin'. :confused:

No, the 11 parts is the stuff like the Primary Somatosensory Cortex, the Auditory Association Area. Broca's area and such. Yeah, the sulci and the gyri is the "valleys" and the "mountains", right now I don't remember which is what though, but if we say that the "valleys" are the sulci, then the "mountains" are the gyri... It would probably be easier to read my own notees if they weren't one third swedish, one third english, which the classes are held in, and one third finnish, since that's what the teacher speaks normally...

Okay, Circle of Willis

http://www.neuro.mcg.edu/cvhp/willis.html

http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/MedEd/Neuro/neurovasc/navigation/cow.htm :yuck:

We didn't really get into detail about bloodflow to the brain, only insofar as bloodflow to certain parts would occur as a result of that part being stimulated/in use.

We touched on stroke/cardiovascular stuff only very briefly. Mostly having to do with the results of the incident, how damage to specific parts of the brain would affect cognition/memory/physical impairment.

I think I'm way too interested in this stuff! My first reaction when I saw the second link was not :yuck: It was more like :hyper: "such a perfect picture!" :lol: Thank you sooo much! Both of the links were great! :hug:

MBS said:
Aren't the sulci the 'valleys'? Cause the two hemisphere's are separated by the primary sulcus or something like that.....

Of course my brain melted long ago, so don't trust me :uhoh:

Evenin Girls! :hug: :heart:

Bri!!!:hug: :heart:

Yes, the gyri are the raised parts.

It's been a few years since I've looked at this stuff. Reminds me of my intense dislike of it. :lol:

My first language (I guess you mean the language I spoke while growing up) is Swedish/Danish, but I speak English better today since all my studies for the past five years been in English. I know, it doesn't show!
Yeah, MBS, you're probably right, I always mix them up... Hi, by the way...

Hi everyone! :hug: How are we all doing on this Saturday evening?

VP my paper is on exploring a nursing ethical dilemma and applying a decision-making model to it. My dilemma is the use of restraints in elder care. :huh: It's interesting, that's for sure, but just tedious and annoying. :lol:

JezSnape said:
I think I'm way too interested in this stuff! My first reaction when I saw the second link was not :yuck: It was more like :hyper: "such a perfect picture!" :lol: Thank you sooo much! Both of the links were great! :hug:

Glad I could help at least a little :)

What's your area of study? I only got a 75 in the course, and was somewhat ashamed of this, till my advisor told me that that was very, very good for someone who isn't intending to go into the neurological side of things. :lol: He said when he took it, his mark in it was much lower than mine.

Damn neurology and stats for bringing my average down. :madwife:

Have a good dinner Bri :hug:

Hi Fly! :hug: :heart: ARGH! That paperr would make me loony as well. I hate writing papers, especially ones on complicated issues.

JezSnape said:
My first language (I guess you mean the language I spoke while growing up) is Swedish/Danish, but I speak English better today since all my studies for the past five years been in English. I know, it doesn't show!
Yeah, MBS, you're probably right, I always mix them up... Hi, by the way...

You're an excellent English speaker! :bow: Wish I were multilingual. Languages have never come easily to me.

Back
Top Bottom