Pleban Girls Party - Two years and still going strong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just thought I'd share a pic of the Fake-Bono from Melbourne's own "Australian U2 Show"...

SANY2022_1.jpg

</random>

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

You were reading that thread in the Pleba section? :eyebrow:

I think so... so many threads, they all kinda blur together... :reject:

Galeongirl said:

:drool: I now can play Vertigo on bass*coughaccousticguitar* now too

Yay! :applaud: I haven't spent much time on that one myself... God Part II is my latest achievement :wink:

That's a cool clip, btw Galeongirl... well, the half that's loaded so far is pretty cool :D

Alisaura said:
See, you know bass is better really :D
The tab for Vertigo looks simple enough, but there are so many songs and so little time...!

:giggle: better I wouldn't know, but easier for sure! :drool:

:lol: enjoy your sheep!

My camera battery has gone. :grumpy:

Just charging it.

Also got a Joshua Tree Vinyl, an old U2 book, and the Kaiser Cheifs new album. :drool:

Went into the Apple store in the city centre. I'm definately getting a Macbook, they're :combust: :combust: I had a play around on one and loved it. :love:

Forgot how much i love Manchester. :love:

Be back later. :kiss:

Last edited:
bonoishot said:
A question for the bass girls. IS it easier to learn/play than a 6 sting guitar?

Guitars aren't particularly hard to play anyway :shrug: I always thought that the bass was "a lazy man's guitar" :shifty:

I assumed less strings = less effort :wink:

Total U2 Nut said:

Guitars aren't particularly hard to play anyway :shrug: I always thought that the bass was "a lazy man's guitar" :shifty:

:lol:

Thats what i was thinking. I have an acoustic guitar. Its not been played for a long long time. I want an electric guitar or a bass though. :drool:

bonoishot said:
A question for the bass girls. IS it easier to learn/play than a 6 sting guitar?
Completely late, but I think it's a whole lot easier.
It's either that...or I just fail at guitar, period. ._.

Total U2 Nut said:

i kind of thought that before i started playing, but i think it's safe to say it's better to see it as a completely different instrument that serves a different purpose to a 6 string guitar and is therefore played differently.

:shrug:

that's just my humble opinion.

I had a huge post all written, but the forum ate it... :sad: :mad:
*tries again*

bonoishot said:

I know it's a typo, but I can't resist...
A 6 sting guitar sounds painful to play... :D *flees again*

I never really tried to learn to play a regular guitar. I have a dim memory of one of my friends from primary school trying to teach me a chord on her accoustic guitar, but all I remember is that the strings hurt my fingers. :lol: (It's those stings, you know.)
Ye gods, that was 20 years ago...! :yikes:

And like Fiona said, they really are different instruments for different purposes. I think my bass teached said something about basses being tuned differently than regular guitars, in terms of what the strings are tuned to and the pattern of notes on the fretboard... :shrug:
I don't know how to play a chord on a bass; I'm sure there's a way, but I dunno what it is.
I wonder if you could play slap-guitar? :hmm:

*counts the smileys and saves the text before attempting to post again*

i hate when forums eat posts, they especially seem to like longer ones :(

but yeah, i think you're right ali with the different tunings, etc. i've done a bit of playing on a 6 string to know that it's a totally different ballgame - and anyway, i was always meant to play bass :wink:

speaking of which, i really do need some lessons to get a better technique/fingering/etc going on... *poor student*

Back
Top Bottom