Pleban Girls Party - The tide is rising...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel so badly that I've been here all of probably 2 combined hours this summer. :sigh: :( :hug: I miss you girls! And think about you all the time. Hope things are well with everyone.

Things are so-so here. I don't want to bring the thread down, but as of right now it looks like it will be a matter of days or weeks for my grandma. She's been moved home and my aunt bought a hospital bed. She gets nursing care but is unable to eat food any longer so she's not getting nourishment. The DNR order is in place, so it's just a matter of time I suppose.

My family (parents and brother) were in Chicago for a week and are leaving again this Thursday for 11 days in NYC. My mom doesn't want to go, but my brother was really counting on the trip and my grandma said she'd hold grudges if they didn't go. :lol: It's nice they're getting to do that, but it leaves me pretty lonely here by myself. I guess I just feel down right now.

I'm sorry to hear that Fly. :hug: Don't worry about bringing the thread down. I did that a bit in the other one earlier this evening. :hug: We're all here for each other. :)

I'm doing okay. I had an awesome weekend, but the last few hours have been very difficult for me. Otherwise I'm doing good.

Yeah she really is so unselfish in every way possible. I think if it were me, I'd be clinging and wanting people to sit there round the clock reading me bed-time stories or something. :)

Ah well, I'll just have to find ways to occupy myself and get my mind off things. I wish I knew how to cook though :lol:. When they're gone, I live off Kraft Dinner, those microwavable dinners, and cheerios.

Maybe I'll go see Pirates again...Johnny can always occupy the mind. :shifty: Did you like The Libertine VP? I saw it in the theatres knowing nothing about it and thought it was the craziest movie :lol:

greeneyedgirl said:
Fly, when my friends mom was dying and I would go sit with her, I took along some CDs and learned to speak some French :wink:

Learning French, that's great! :) Time spent with people at this time in their lives is very special. I wish I wasn't working right now so I could be with her more often!

VintagePunk said:
Sami, I've never heard of them, but I read your thread about it - the interview clips with the other performers sound hilarious!

:lol: I didn't think anyone read it. :sad: I must be the only one fascinated by the whole concept!

sami0201 said:

:lol: I didn't think anyone read it. :sad: I must be the only one fascinated by the whole concept!

I did. :wink:

If I'm not mistaken, it sounds kind of like the Travelling Wilburys (George Harrison, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynn, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison) scenario? Not sure if you're familiar with them. Although I don't think they went to the extent of getting other performers to manufacture stories about them. :lol:

Sarah just put on Edward Scissorhands. We're on like day five of our Johnny filmfest. :drool:

OMG, I think I may be allergic to nuts :|
It seems like every time I eat them, I start coughing.
A few wks ago, I actually got sick in the middle of the night, but we thought that the nuts were just bad that time.
So now I'm sitting here eating some almonds and I'm starting to cough and get sick.

WTF?

VintagePunk said:

I did. :wink:

If I'm not mistaken, it sounds kind of like the Travelling Wilburys (George Harrison, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynn, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison) scenario? Not sure if you're familiar with them. Although I don't think they went to the extent of getting other performers to manufacture stories about them. :lol:

Sarah just put on Edward Scissorhands. We're on like day five of our Johnny filmfest. :drool:

I'm not familiar with them, but what a band! :ohmy: :drool:

:lol: You can never have too much Johnny. :combust:

Fly this is the story, if you're interested. http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...05,0,7044810.story?coll=la-home-entertainment

greeneyedgirl said:
OMG, I think I may be allergic to nuts :|
It seems like every time I eat them, I start coughing.
A few wks ago, I actually got sick in the middle of the night, but we thought that the nuts were just bad that time.
So now I'm sitting here eating some almonds and I'm starting to cough and get sick.

WTF?

:yikes: I'd stop eating them and go to a doctor. But then again, I'm paranoid about nuts because I am allergic to them. :wink:

sami0201 said:

I'm not familiar with them, but what a band! :ohmy: :drool:

:lol: You can never have too much Johnny. :combust:

I have their first cd (I *think* there were two, but I could be wrong). Talk about a supergroup. :drool: It was sort of Dalton-esque, they made up characters for themselves.

GG :yikes:

VintagePunk said:

Period pieces tend to bore me...this one wasn't *that* bad, but it did drag in parts. But Johnny? And the opening scenes? :ohmy: :combust:

As always, his performance was brilliant!

I agree. The actual story and movie itself didn't do much for me, but regardless of the plot/character/lines Johnny always delivers so it's still a treat to watch. :)

:lol: :combust: The opening scenes were *ahem* .... enjoyable. :wink:

Mmmm... Johnny-fest! :combust: :drool:

I'll definitely have to rent The Libertine sometime soon, and of course I'm planning to see Pirates as soon as I can. :)

Back
Top Bottom