Pleban Girls Party - the Plebans take Toronto!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russty Cat said:

Mmmmmmm hawt like woah! :shifty: :drool:

Thanks babe, you guys help a ton! I've always felt and do feel that for some reason I ended up with this disease for a reason and I think its so that I can have compassion for others and truly understand what pain is like. I try to take a bad thing and use it for good to be a supportive person to others in pain. And I always think it could be worse.

This has really been one of the hardest years in my life. Between loosing my friend, my marriage going into the crapper, and my health getting really wanky I'm just glad I haven't totally lost it yet. But I am blessed I have also felt love in my life and for that I will be forever greatful. I've had some amazing people come into my life who make me want to get up in the morning and keep on moving and breathing. I don't know where I will be in a few months time, but no matter what happens I will always hold them in my heart.

:hug: Wow....seriously Russty you are my idol. That made my eyes water. Now it may just be my crazy PMS but I think it has something to do with how awesome you are. You are so important to us all and we're here for you through the good and the bad.

Your view about you having the disease so you can understand pain and be able to relate to others in those positions is what a lot of patients have said to me. Instead of taking it badly and thinking they are being punished for something, they turn it around and try to do something positive with it. That reminds me of a great Tori Amos quote:

"My three miscarriages - I wouldn't wish them on an enemy, but they really brought me to a place of bitterness and loss. And instead of wallowing in that, at a certain point I could begin to take the gall out of it. Nearly everyone is faced with some kind of health problem at some point, and when you are, that sense of immortality goes, that arrogance. I have so much more compassion for what people go through physically, and for their losses."

:hug:

Russty Cat said:

:hug: Thanks Jemma that means alot coming from you. I expect you guys to represent us well next week! I want pictures and detailed reports on all the fun!! Its a hard job, but someones got to take one for the team. :wink: Plebans unite! :giggle:

And if any of you get near Edge you better give him a nice big hug for me. :giggle: :love:

Hi Jules :hug:

Private Wild reporting for juty*salutes Russty*. I'll invade the boys privates and report back :giggle:

Russty Cat said:

:hug: Thanks Jemma that means alot coming from you. I expect you guys to represent us well next week! I want pictures and detailed reports on all the fun!! Its a hard job, but someones got to take one for the team. :wink: Plebans unite! :giggle:

And if any of you get near Edge you better give him a nice big hug for me. :giggle: :love:

maybe we could fed ex edge to you if we get the chance :giggle::evil:

we will do our very best, im sure ill have loads of pics, and thats just us girls as i :love: taking pictures :wink:

bonoishot said:

maybe we could fed ex edge to you if we get the chance :giggle::evil:

we will do our very best, im sure ill have loads of pics, and thats just us girls as i :love: taking pictures :wink:

I'm going to go picture happy! :happy: I think I have to sadly leave my digital at home cause I just got it back from being fixed and don't want something to happen to it again. Yay for crappy disposable cameras! :love:

FlyYourKite said:

:hug: Wow....seriously Russty you are my idol. That made my eyes water. Now it may just be my crazy PMS but I think it has something to do with how awesome you are. You are so important to us all and we're here for you through the good and the bad.

Your view about you having the disease so you can understand pain and be able to relate to others in those positions is what a lot of patients have said to me. Instead of taking it badly and thinking they are being punished for something, they turn it around and try to do something positive with it. That reminds me of a great Tori Amos quote:

"My three miscarriages - I wouldn't wish them on an enemy, but they really brought me to a place of bitterness and loss. And instead of wallowing in that, at a certain point I could begin to take the gall out of it. Nearly everyone is faced with some kind of health problem at some point, and when you are, that sense of immortality goes, that arrogance. I have so much more compassion for what people go through physically, and for their losses."

:yes:

eloquently put fly :yes: :up:

didnt know tori amos had been thorugh that, must be awful :( :hug:

FlyYourKite said:

Awww man now your going to make me cry! :hug: You girls are all so important to me and are definetly one of the reasons I'm so positive in my life. Without you all I would wallow in my pain. You keep my crack head arse from going off the deep end. :lol:

Tori is one amazing woman. And she is so dead on. We've all had shite in our life its what you do with that shite that makes us who we are.

Fly one day you are going to make someone incredibly happy. You have the sweetest heart and spirit of anyone I've met. And such a beautiful smile. I can't wait to see pictures of all you girls together being happy.

Fed exing me Edge would be a good thing! I'd be more then happy to sign for that package. :wink:

bonoishot said:

:yes:

eloquently put fly :yes: :up:

didnt know tori amos had been thorugh that, must be awful :( :hug:

Yeah I knew she had just from reading facts on sites and stuff...haha let's just say I'm slightly obsessed. But I bought her book a few weeks ago and good Lord, that woman has been through hell. She holds nothing back at all...talking about bleeding for a month straight :| And she was raped too when she was 21. I just have so much respect for people who can go through stuff like that and come out on the other side not hating the world.

WildHoney said:

Private Wild reporting for juty*salutes Russty*. I'll invade the boys privates and report back :giggle:

Your mission should you choose to accept it is to touch, smell, and taste anything you can get your hands on. :wink: And of course bring back full detailed reports. :giggle:

But I'd even be happy with notes on what songs had Edge stomp going and Bono strut. :lol:

Russty Cat said:

Awww man now your going to make me cry! :hug: You girls are all so important to me and are definetly one of the reasons I'm so positive in my life. Without you all I would wallow in my pain. You keep my crack head arse from going off the deep end. :lol:

Tori is one amazing woman. And she is so dead on. We've all had shite in our life its what you do with that shite that makes us who we are.

Fly one day you are going to make someone incredibly happy. You have the sweetest heart and spirit of anyone I've met. And such a beautiful smile. I can't wait to see pictures of all you girls together being happy.

Fed exing me Edge would be a good thing! I'd be more then happy to sign for that package. :wink:

:hug: :heart: Aww Russty, you are awesome. *Tear* :wink:

FlyYourKite said:

Yeah I knew she had just from reading facts on sites and stuff...haha let's just say I'm slightly obsessed. But I bought her book a few weeks ago and good Lord, that woman has been through hell. She holds nothing back at all...talking about bleeding for a month straight :| And she was raped too when she was 21. I just have so much respect for people who can go through stuff like that and come out on the other side not hating the world.

Damn maybe I need to read her book! She sounds like she could be a real kindred spirit. I lost my son, 3 years ago in November. At the time I really thought that life was over. When you carry a child for so long preparing for a great time in your life only have it end way to early in a miscarriage it can definetly mare your soul for life. I don't think you ever really get over something like that. You just learn to not dwell on it every day.

Russty Cat said:

Your mission should you choose to accept it is to touch, smell, and taste anything you can get your hands on. :wink: And of course bring back full detailed reports. :giggle:

But I'd even be happy with notes on what songs had Edge stomp going and Bono strut. :lol:

Yes Mam *salutes Russty again*

Jem & i wil keep journals... Wild And Jem's Big Bono stalking Adventure :lol:

Russty Cat said:

Damn maybe I need to read her book! She sounds like she could be a real kindred spirit. I lost my son, 3 years ago in November. At the time I really thought that life was over. When you carry a child for so long preparing for a great time in your life only have it end way to early in a miscarriage it can definetly mare your soul for life. I don't think you ever really get over something like that. You just learn to not dwell on it every day.

I am so sorry to hear that Russty. :( :hug: I think it would certainly be worth reading whether you're a fan of her or her music or not. I would definitely recommend it. It's called "Piece by Piece" written by Tori Amos and Ann Powers. She has very interesting and different beliefs (mostly revolving around Native American beliefs like spirits and the Earth Mother, etc.) so it may be hard to read or relate to at first...but so much of what she writes about is so poignant. Let me know if you decide to pick it up and read :)

Hi DG! :hug: How was school today?

Russty Cat said:

glad we can be there for you :hug:

We'll try for you with edge :sexywink:

FlyYourKite said:

I am so sorry to hear that Russty. :( :hug: I think it would certainly be worth reading whether you're a fan of her or her music or not. I would definitely recommend it. It's called "Piece by Piece" written by Tori Amos and Ann Powers. She has very interesting and different beliefs (mostly revolving around Native American beliefs like spirits and the Earth Mother, etc.) so it may be hard to read or relate to at first...but so much of what she writes about is so poignant. Let me know if you decide to pick it up and read :)

Hi DG! :hug: How was school today?

I'll definetly have to pick it up. I'll let you know. :D

Hi DG! :hug:

Fly :hug: It was good again. :) I had theology for the 1st time today, and my teacher is awesome and the class sounds really interesting. For once I actually like theology! :lol: My history teacher said something else today that had me in tears laughing. He was passing out papers and one girl who had him last year said "Oh, I missed the small font." And he said "It's not that small. Even Helen Keller could read it." :ohmy: :lmao:

Russty :hug: My mother had a miscarriage too over 30 years ago when she was married to her 1st husband. :(

Back
Top Bottom