Pleban Girls Party - the Plebans take Toronto!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hug: Hi Russty :giggle:

Don't worry, I think I'll have the last chapter posted tonight yet :wink: tomorrow at the latest. I'm on a roll, and I love writing when it feels like this

oh poor VP...that's awful...i needed to talk to her...how is her mom?
hi all :wave:

i think she is having respiratory problems again. how stressful :(

She has breathing problems. I'm not sure exactly what her condition is, but I know VP said she needs Oxygen right now. They were using steroids to reduce inflamation in her breathing passageways, but they didn't know yet if they would keep her overnight. It's the third time she's been in hospital this summer, I think

weldy, it's rough that you've had to worry about finances with your mom's health--you are young to have that kind of responsibility :hug:

Hi Ruff! :hug:

Weldy I feel for ya! I'm so not looking forward to the bill I'm getting for my hospital stay last week. It will probably be around $2,000 - 2,500. :( I haven't even paid the last bill yet! <head desk>

Russty Cat said:
Hi Ruff! :hug:

Weldy I feel for ya! I'm so not looking forward to the bill I'm getting for my hospital stay last week. It will probably be around $2,000 - 2,500. :( I haven't even paid the last bill yet! <head desk>

Trust me...you will be :madspit: and :rant: the whole time...it's no fun.

Oh...in a bit of a U2 related moment...I think some of you guys might know this...but I got this from U2.com ( :shrug: )

When U2 return to Madison Square Garden (November 21st/22nd) the legendary Patti Smith will be performing with them

Sad_Girl said:

:confused: Ok. You can ask about something specific if you wanted to, I won't be offended or anything :)

no, I'm fine! :lol: I'm running on less than 5 hours sleep, and I took a benadryl a little while ago (makes me drowsy) but I don't want to go to sleep

bonoishot said:

:lmao:

the only better thing to be called would be Bonos wife :wink:

I'd take the title of Bono's Friend {w or w/o extra privaleges :wink: }

hi everyone!!! Big :wave: s & :hug: s

extra :hug:s for VP & Russty

I'm just here for about 10 more mins, have to parse out my money at the net so I can be with you in eve/night when you're on'line from TO!

I do love the little town I live in. We are one of the poorest counties in all of California and today they did a money drive here for the victims of Hurricane Katrina and in just a few hours they had $100,000!!! Makes me so proud to live here. They also collected for families who lost their homes in a bad fire just a few weeks ago.

Thats nice Russty :heart:
There was a little six year old boy from a town just north of here who set up a lemonade stand and let everyone know the proceeds were going to the Hurricane relief fund... he ended up with just over $5000 for the Red Cross. I was blown away by that little guy :heart:

:hug: Hi Dazz!

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Oh...in a bit of a U2 related moment...I think some of you guys might know this...but I got this from U2.com ( :shrug: )

When U2 return to Madison Square Garden (November 21st/22nd) the legendary Patti Smith will be performing with them

i just saw it on the News sec before i headed over here.Now my sis & friend are really gonna be after me to help them get tix

We've {me, sis and a bunch of freinds} all seen Patti & Band through since their "official" Industry debut for Horses back at the BottomLine club in NYC in....?76?
Obviously they'd been playing CBGB's et al previously! And have been seeing her thru alllll these yrs {except when she took ? 10- 15 yrs off to raise here kids}.

they still kick ass and are lyrical & mystical, too!!! saw them in 03 & 04 most reccently!

Last edited:
Hola, Plebans. Here's a link to Shelter from the Storm:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/scp/viewer/index.php?client_id=5321&event_id=16129

So that was Mary J. Blige dueting with Bono tonight. Nice.

Anyone else watch the Dateline special after the telethon? It ended with a montage of Hurricane Katrina/New Orleans scenes set to "Love Rescue Me." Very appropriate song; they should have considered performing it for the benefit.

Back
Top Bottom