Pleban Girls Party - the heat is on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ThoraSEB said:
I'd definitely be interested, VP! thora_seb@yahoo.ca. Thanks! :hug: I love GBS!! :heart:
I thought of you earlier when I got them, and then was reminded just now cause we're flipping channels, and an hour long live thing with GBS is on channel 40 (Bravo, I think).

I wish it were still just the four of them, with no drums live :sad: The four of them totally rocked out live. We don't need no damn drums :madwife: Just the bodhran. :drool:

And I miss Daryl. (sorry Drea :shifty: )

VintagePunk said:

I thought of you earlier when I got them, and then was reminded just now cause we're flipping channels, and an hour long live thing with GBS is on channel 40 (Bravo, I think).

I wish it were still just the four of them, with no drums live :sad: The four of them totally rocked out live. We don't need no damn drums :madwife: Just the bodhran. :drool:

And I miss Daryl. (sorry Drea :shifty: )

I've never seen them in person, but I've seen a lot of their live performances on TV. :drool: I'm with you on the drums thing too. If the dates work out, I'll definitely try to check them out when they're in town.

Do you not like Blue Rodeo, or just never heard much of them? If it's the latter, you should check them out, too. :drool:

I have some BR stuff I could send you. :shifty:

Hi Kat :hug:

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
Do you not like Blue Rodeo, or just never heard much of them? If it's the latter, you should check them out, too. :drool:

I have some BR stuff I could send you. :shifty:

I really haven't heard anything of theirs that I know of. :reject: I really know nothing. Feel free to send some stuff, I'm always interested in new music! :up:

Hi Kat! :hug:

Now they're doing Mari-Mac!

If it was a bit cooler in here, I might be tempted to get up and do a jig. :shifty: :lmao:

Thora, this song is AMAZING live, you really have to see them do it :drool:

VintagePunk said:
Now they're doing Mari-Mac!

If it was a bit cooler in here, I might be tempted to get up and do a jig. :shifty: :lmao:

Thora, this song is AMAZING live, you really have to see them do it :drool:

Oooh - I LOVE that song!! :hyper: They're just so amazing. :drool:

Now it's Ordinary Day. I love this song too, but the drums just ruin it for me! :sad: You're not supposed to be able to hear cymbals crashing during that song. I have no idea what caused them to bring drums into it, after all those years... :madwife:

Now there's a lengthy drum solo...arrrrgh! :|

ThoraSEB said:
Got the email, VP! Thanks. :hug: I'm definitely going to check it out, because I should be in town that weekend. :drool:

You're welcome! I really hope you're able to make it. Their shows are SO high energy. They're really cool and fan friendly, like U2, but on a smaller scale.

I'm back sorry :madwife: had to shut the computer down and then the phone started ringing

VP when is that music festival you went to last year to meet Bri and Drea? :shifty:

And I'd love to hear more GBS I have come across a couple of downloads in my search for Celtic music and have liked what I've heard. You and I have discussed it before and I'm not sure all of the downloads attributed to them are actually them, but even so I'm very curious :wink:

Kat - we're talking about a Canadian band called Great Big Sea. They're awesome!! I'm going to round up some friends and have us all go to their concert in Sept.

chickadee said:
who is this you're talking about VP?

The band? Great Big Sea, they're Canadian, from the east coast, Newfoundland...don't know if you know much about the region, but it's a maritime culture, and their music is heavily Celtic...they do a mix of their own songs, and traditional numbers. They're awesome!

Sad_Girl said:
I'm back sorry :madwife: had to shut the computer down and then the phone started ringing

VP when is that music festival you went to last year to meet Bri and Drea? :shifty:

And I'd love to hear more GBS I have come across a couple of downloads in my search for Celtic music and have liked what I've heard. You and I have discussed it before and I'm not sure all of the downloads attributed to them are actually them, but even so I'm very curious :wink:

Actually, the cd I was looking for before to send to you, I found it recently! Remind me later, and I'll upload it.

The festival, I'll send you a link via pm :shifty:

Hi and bye to those appearing while I'm concentrating on other things :wave: :lol:

Just found a vid from '99 of the guys playing Don't Take Your Guns To Town, in this really tiny little room :lol:

Back
Top Bottom