Pleban Girls Party - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alisaura said:
I'm not a huge Pratchett fan either, I've only read a couple of his books, but Good Omens is awesome/hilarious... maybe I should try some Neil Gaiman books :hmm:

Neil Gaiman is mentioned in the book thread in leomnade stand i think so i might try some of his books. :)

^:lol: Is that the soap opera that shows up on the ZooTV Sydney dvd? :wink:

:bono: Soap opera? The accent changes, but it still looks the same... *switches channel*

Drea said:
^:lol: Is that the soap opera that shows up on the ZooTV Sydney dvd? :wink:

:bono: Soap opera? The accent changes, but it still looks the same... *switches channel*
:giggle: I was just thinking about that today... probably because I have a Dublin Zoo boot on in the car :wink:

No, Eastenders is a British soap... the one that came up on Zoo Sydney was a show called "Hey Dad"... I never really watched it, but it was awful from all accounts... :lol:

" U23D, shown to journalists at the ungodly hour of 8 a.m. ..."
:giggle: That is a bit harsh...

"There is no narration, subtitles or pompous statement of purpose. "
*coughdigatrattleandhumcough* :rolleyes:

"...a career that now spans more than three decades."
That's a bit of a stretch... :huh:

No Streets :sad:... but a DVD! :D

I dunno... did they change the pics that came up on the slot machine for each place they toured? I know there was an Australian-specific person for the Melbourne shows... :shrug:

Alisaura said:
" U23D, shown to journalists at the ungodly hour of 8 a.m. ..."
:giggle: That is a bit harsh...

"There is no narration, subtitles or pompous statement of purpose. "
*coughdigatrattleandhumcough* :rolleyes:

"...a career that now spans more than three decades."
That's a bit of a stretch... :huh:

No Streets :sad:... but a DVD! :D

Harsh my ass :lol: Tell that to people who did the all night GA line thing (which I would've done if I hadn't been working *g*)

It's 3 decades if you count it as 80s, 90s and 00s ;)

Streets probably would've rocked, but :drool: could you imagine Bad in 3D? :pray: Of course, the dvd will involve figuring out how to get the techology home...

Alisaura said:
I dunno... did they change the pics that came up on the slot machine for each place they toured? I know there was an Australian-specific person for the Melbourne shows... :shrug:

for each continent yes :yes:

Alisaura said:

:yes: I'm pretty sure Paul Martin (our PM at the time) was on it, as well as Dubya :wink:

We got Dubya and Peter Garrett, the lead singer of Midnight Oil turned politician... I think U2 just wanted to hear what would happen when an audience of 50,000 is torn between cheering and booing... :giggle:

3D Bad... :drool:

Yay gifs!! :hyper:

... Yay bed... :yawn:

Alisaura said:

No, Eastenders is a British soap... the one that came up on Zoo Sydney was a show called "Hey Dad"... I never really watched it, but it was awful from all accounts... :lol:

:madwife: I watch Eastenders. :madspit: I think you might not get it properly if you're not British. Eastenders. :drool: British Soaps. :drool::love:

bonoishot said:
:madwife: I watch Eastenders. :madspit: I think you might not get it properly if you're not British. Eastenders. :drool: British Soaps. :drool::love:
I was calling "Hey Dad" awful, but I guess you were referring to my other comment... :reject: Sorry! :hug:
I don't get soap operas... :huh: I realise this makes me a strange freaky person from another planet...

*ponders that Adam likened visiting Australia to being on another planet* :hmm: :wink:

Drea said:

Harsh my ass :lol : Tell that to people who did the all night GA line thing (which I would've done if I hadn't been working *g*)

GA lines. :rockon::drool::combust::crack:

I did GA in Toronto 4. We got up at an ungodly hour, then me, Wild and Ruff spent from about 6am until concert opening in line. :ohmy:

In Chicago we got there about 6am - 6.30am and stayed until concert opening. :ohmy:

Boston - Got in line 1am ish and slept through until they gave wristbands out at 7.30am ish. Then they let us leave until the doors opened at 8am. I woke up to snow in Boston. :ohmy::drool:

Alisaura said:

I was calling "Hey Dad" awful, but I guess you were referring to my other comment... :reject: Sorry! :hug:
I don't get soap operas... :huh: I realise this makes me a strange freaky person from another planet...

*ponders that Adam likened visiting Australia to being on another planet* :hmm: :wink:

I'm only teasing. Alot of Brits don't like Eastenders or other soaps either. :lol::hug: Its a bit depressing to be honest but thats why me and my friend love it. Theres always drama in it. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom