Pleban Girls Party - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WildHoney said:

Oh no is your mum ok :hug: :heart:

Me , the same old crap :rolleyes: Missing you lots :yes: :hug:

Awww :love: Same here. :)

She fine, thanks. It wasn't that serious. Remember in '05, just before Toronto when she went in? It was the same kind of thing...she gets a cold, it very quickly moves into her lungs, and then she goes into congestive heart failure. This time thankfully, we caught it before she went into heart failure, but given her history, the doc wanted to keep her in till her lungs were cleared to prevent it from happening. She felt pretty bad for the first day or two she was there, and then other than some wheezing, she seemed totally fine and healthy. It was weird seeing her in there like that. :huh: But, she was in a room with three other ladies and spent time getting to know them. There was one lady in her 90's who wasn't doing very well, plus, she's Italian and doesn't speak much english, so there were communication problems. Mom really bonded with her, and looked out for her and took care of her when her family wasn't there. :cute: :love:

VintagePunk said:
Around. :shifty:

Just kidding. The past few weeks have been a little crazy. My mom was in the hospital for 9 days, and Sarah and I have both been sick...I'm still feeling awful. :bleh: How have you been?

:hug: Everybody okay now though?

Hi all :hug: :heart:

Can't stay long - My nephews HS baccalaureate starts at 7,
7.gif
have to meet up with my sister before that. But I wanted to stop in and say hello and pass out hugs :D and best wishes, I know you'll have a good holiday, Wild :hug: and Thora's going away for the weekend?

Drea said:

:hug: Everybody okay now though?

Mom's better than we are, I think. :lol: Sarah's almost over it, but it's hanging on a bit...and other than being in danger of hacking up one or more lungs, and getting very little sleep due to said coughing, I'm dandy. :happy:

:D :D :D

I'm baaaaaccckk! :hyper:

the front desk adim asst found she had to stay till 8P instead of her planning to leave at 6P...so i can hasng out off & on till 7:40P YAY!

Hi thora, SG & drea!

anyone else.i have to read the past 2 pgs....BRB

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

7.gif
have to meet up with my sister before that. But I wanted to stop in and say hello and pass out hugs :D and best wishes, I know you'll have a good holiday, Wild :hug: and Thora's going away for the weekend?

Awww, congrats to your nephew, I know you're so proud of him! :love:

Yeah, we have a long weekend! :drool: I'm leaving in a half hour to go to visit my family until Sunday morning, then I'm coming back to go to a music festival on Sunday & Monday. :hyper: It's going to be a great weekend.

I'm just very nervous about the driving I have to do this afternoon. The traffic hopefully won't be too bad when I leave, but if you think about it, I'd appreciate good thoughts for a safe drive. I tend to get pretty nervous driving on holiday weekends. Thanks. :hug:

Congrats to your nephew, SG! :D

Hi dazz!

VintagePunk said:

Awww :love: Same here. :)

She fine, thanks. It wasn't that serious. Remember in '05, just before Toronto when she went in? It was the same kind of thing...she gets a cold, it very quickly moves into her lungs, and then she goes into congestive heart failure. This time thankfully, we caught it before she went into heart failure, but given her history, the doc wanted to keep her in till her lungs were cleared to prevent it from happening. She felt pretty bad for the first day or two she was there, and then other than some wheezing, she seemed totally fine and healthy. It was weird seeing her in there like that. :huh: But, she was in a room with three other ladies and spent time getting to know them. There was one lady in her 90's who wasn't doing very well, plus, she's Italian and doesn't speak much english, so there were communication problems. Mom really bonded with her, and looked out for her and took care of her when her family wasn't there. :cute: :love:

Aww your mum sounds like such a special lady :love:

She'd have to be , as you had to get it from somewhere :heart:

Thanks VP :yes: We are all very proud of him :)

Thora - that's understandable, but sometimes being nervous isn't bad- you'll just be more alert and safer for it :wink:

Dazz :hug:

once again, the thread is busy and I have to go :slant: I need to work on my timing :lol:

I'll be back later - good luck to those of you traveling this weekend :hug: feel better, VP and Sarah :hug: - see whoever is here tonight when I get back :hug:

WildHoney said:

Aww your mum sounds like such a special lady :love:

She'd have to be , as you had to get it from somewhere :heart:

Thanks :hug: They were such sweet people - we were all hugging when I went to pick mom up. The lady hugged me and was making gestures toward my mom, trying to say how much she appreciated it. :heart:

Have a safe trip Thora! :hug: Maybe if you waited a few hours to head out, the traffic might be a bit better?

Sad_Girl said:

7.gif

:applaud: Congratulations to him

We really need a *proudauntie* smiliey :yes:

VintagePunk said:

Have a safe trip Thora! :hug: Maybe if you waited a few hours to head out, the traffic might be a bit better?

Thanks! :hug:

Unfortunately I have to catch a ferry, and those are always psychotic on long weekends, so I have to leave at this time. Ah well. I'm sure it will be fine. :D

See you girls later! :hug:

ribs for her
ribs or fried chicken for me

usually Mac & cheese for us both

she LOVES great mash potaoes too.

I can have collard greens and/or yams....

I've eaten at several Soul food restaurants in Harlems throughout the decades!

And some of the BBQ places in Midtown {manhattan} with my sis usually, as well but with other friends too.

southern food :drool: :love:

Back
Top Bottom