PLEBAn Girls Party- Sliding Down The Surface of Things...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drea said:

Coordinated signing :ohmy: That must've been a quite an undertaking for the teachers!

It really was! To this day Im still not sure how they were able to manage it,lol. There were two girls in my class though who both had a deaf sibling so they were nice enough to help out. In the end it turned out beautiful :)

Have you been signing long?

BonosBaby12 said:
Thanks Im old so I get tired faster :wink: No not yet they are still there. Can only imagine the high that they are on though after all of that sugar they were going to consume :yikes:

They're not back yet? They must be having a GREAT time...:lol: More fun for you!:wink: Ahh sugar highs...:heart:

Hey BB12! How are you? :hug:
U2isthebest said:

Bri!! How are you?:hug: "House" is on tonight?:hug: I thought it wasn't on because of the World Series...If I missed it I will be SO pissed. LOL

Hey!
How are you?

I'm pretty good. My orgo chem test gave me a good beating on friday, but meh. I've moved on.

And it better be :angry: At least on global (canadian station)....cause it was last week.
Stupid world series, messing everything up....but there is an all new ep fo sho next week. :hyper:

dazzledbylight said:

:lol: [at self]

I thought, too, that you meant 'singing''!

Of course, I KNOW what signing IS, tho! But what is ITH?

ITH is inTO The Heart - it's an international U2 fan fest held here in TO (this is the 4th year). Last year I did Sometimes and Bad :)

~BrightestStar~ said:
Hey BB12! How are you? :hug:

Hey!
How are you?

I'm pretty good. My orgo chem test gave me a good beating on friday, but meh. I've moved on.

And it better be :angry: At least on global (canadian station). Stupid world series, messing everything up....but there is an all new ep fo sho next week. :hyper:

I heard about the orgo chem..I left you a lovely comment about it this morning...:wink: I hope it's on, but I don't think it was..we get it on FOX here..and it's usually on 8...it wasn't..I just checked World Series is on..:mad: I can't wait until next week!!!

BonosBaby12 said:
I always fear their return :wink: Know I need to enjoy them more before I move because than I will really miss them.

:lol: We grow so fast, don't we? I like to include myself in the child category...:shh: It's awesome that you're so close to them though...!!

Drea said:

ITH is inTO The Heart - it's an international U2 fan fest held here in TO (this is the 4th year). Last year I did Sometimes and Bad :)

Drea, that's so cool!! "Sometimes" and "Bad":drool: Were they difficult to learn? I can imagine "Bad" would be quite a challenge....

U2isthebest said:

:lol: We grow so fast, don't we? I like to include myself in the child category...:shh: It's awesome that you're so close to them though...!!

Yeah you sure do! :lol: Thanks I have been helping to take care of them since they were babies. In fact the 2 that are at the party right now aren't even blood relation. My mom has been raising them since Xavier was 2 months old (he's 8 now) and Trell was a year (he's 9 now)

BonosBaby12 said:

Yeah you sure do! :lol: Thanks I have been helping to take care of them since they were babies. In fact the 2 that are at the party right now aren't even blood relation. My mom has been raising them since Xavier was 2 months old (he's 8 now) and Trell was a year (he's 9 now)

Aww..that's so sweet Shannon! You're going to be a great mom someday!:yes:

BonosBaby12 said:
Thanks Britt :hug: They do try my patience at times though! Just hope my kid's don't pay me back for whatever I did to my mom while growing up :lol:

:lmao: :lmao: It reminds me of the story Bono tells in "U2 by U2" when he told his dad Ali was pregnant..he got teary eyed Bono goes "not from sentimentality, I assure you" and he said one word "Revenge" oh Bono...:drool:

BonosBaby12 said:

It really was! To this day Im still not sure how they were able to manage it,lol. There were two girls in my class though who both had a deaf sibling so they were nice enough to help out. In the end it turned out beautiful :)

Have you been signing long?

(Forgive me those of you who've heard this before :lol: )

I started getting interested in signing back when I was pretty young because the church my family went to at the time had a ministry to the deaf - so there were signers at services. They also taught us a few signs in Sunday school for different songs... Skip ahead to the late 90s and me becoming a Fruhead (Moxy Fruvous fan)... One of my friends is hearing impaired and she starts teaching me signs to some Fruvous songs (which entertains Jian and Mike especially *:giggle: at the memories*), and I used those signs and bought my first signing dictionary to work on other songs. I signed for a bit (always in the crowd) to them (until they went on *sighpermanentsigh* hiatus) and some other bands I got introduced to through Fruvous, but pretty much stopped signing when I no longer had time/money to cross into the States to see those other bands... Skip ahead again to May of last year, when I went to my second Elevation show and my first October show, and the hands instinctively started signing again :lol: It's hard to explain, but sometimes I just feel comfortable enough with a band automatically to want to do it, even if I don't do much immediately (since I won't know - if it's even noticed - how a musician will react). Funnily enough, I also automatically felt that comfortable when I went to see Pearl Jam this spring :wink:

The GTAers are used to me signing now, and I guess they kind of expect to see me doing it *snerk* Last year at ITH was the first time in *thinks* nearly five years that I'd ever signed on stage (and only the second time ever). Other than that, it's been strictly from the crowd... save Brady from Elevation pulling me up to sign most of WOWY at a show in July (and surprising the hell out of me when he did ;))

Drea said:

(Forgive me those of you who've heard this before :lol: )

I started getting interested in signing back when I was pretty young because the church my family went to at the time had a ministry to the deaf - so there were signers at services. They also taught us a few signs in Sunday school for different songs... Skip ahead to the late 90s and me becoming a Fruhead (Moxy Fruvous fan)... One of my friends is hearing impaired and she starts teaching me signs to some Fruvous songs (which entertains Jian and Mike especially *:giggle: at the memories*), and I used those signs and bought my first signing dictionary to work on other songs. I signed for a bit (always in the crowd) to them (until they went on *sighpermanentsigh* hiatus) and some other bands I got introduced to through Fruvous, but pretty much stopped signing when I no longer had time/money to cross into the States to see those other bands... Skip ahead again to May of last year, when I went to my second Elevation show and my first October show, and the hands instinctively started signing again :lol: It's hard to explain, but sometimes I just feel comfortable enough with a band automatically to want to do it, even if I don't do much immediately (since I won't know - if it's even noticed - how a musician will react). Funnily enough, I also automatically felt that comfortable when I went to see Pearl Jam this spring :wink:

The GTAers are used to me signing now, and I guess they kind of expect to see me doing it *snerk* Last year at ITH was the first time in *thinks* nearly five years that I'd ever signed on stage (and only the second time ever). Other than that, it's been strictly from the crowd... save Brady from Elevation pulling me up to sign most of WOWY at a show in July (and surprising the hell out of me when he did ;))

Wow Drea!:applaud: That's awesome! I'd love to learn how to sign someday! I'm so glad you're able to do that...it takes dedication and hard work! Congrats!

U2isthebest said:

Drea, that's so cool!! "Sometimes" and "Bad":drool: Were they difficult to learn? I can imagine "Bad" would be quite a challenge....

The lyrics for Bad aren't as bad (no pun intended) when you're talking about the song itself - my main problem when I was learning it was keeping the second and third verses straight, but having a printout of the lyrics helped that :wink: Now if we're talking about that medley part in the middle? Bit more challenging *g* I was lucky and the person who was singing it did the Ruby Tuesday/Sympathy For The Devil version, and I had quite a bit of those down :lol:

Sometimes is a fun sign - you can let the emotion hang out in some ways :) (And channelling the nerves - since it was the first song I signed at ITH - into somewhat emphatic signing during "But can you... hear... me.. when.. I.. sing? part helps :lol:)

Drea said:

The lyrics for Bad aren't as bad (no pun intended) when you're talking about the song itself - my main problem when I was learning it was keeping the second and third verses straight, but having a printout of the lyrics helped that :wink: Now if we're talking about that medley part in the middle? Bit more challenging *g* I was lucky and the person who was singing it did the Ruby Tuesday/Sympathy For The Devil version, and I had quite a bit of those down :lol:

Sometimes is a fun sign - you can let the emotion hang out in some ways :) (And channelling the nerves - since it was the first song I signed at ITH - into somewhat emphatic signing during "But can you... hear... me.. when.. I.. sing? part helps :lol:)

That's good...I know I make awful puns....that sounds really beautiful Drea.....those songs are both emotional, so I know it must be hard to convey that w/o hearing it...that's amazing that you're able to do it!

Back
Top Bottom