Pleban Girls Party - simply irresistable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

That's because that's one of the foundations of their "religion" - it's probably easier to point you to a link that can explain it - but briefly, they claim to be able to cure all mental distress/disease (and many/most physical ones, too) with their "auditing" (and sometimes vitamins), which they charge their members dearly for.

Exactly. Or so they say.

FlyYourKite said:

I've been looking at Beth Israel, Sloan-Kettering (although I'm not sure I want to do cancer nursing), and NYU Medical Centre. :happy:

I'm thinking about making my way down there perhaps during Slack Week in March. :hmm:

give me a shout out here near March, and tell me what you'd like to see! I'll see what I can do! :D

VintagePunk said:

OH!!! that's not the one, there's an actual Scientology episode from this season, where Stan is the reincarnation of Hubbard, and Cruise and Travolta are both in it - and they both literally end up in the closet, and Cruise won't come out!! :lmao: :lmao:

The best part is they tell the story of Xenu (it's essentially science fiction, I can post a link to the story if anyone's interested, and it's what they teach the higher-ups) and have a subtitle saying 'This is what Scientologists actually believe.'

:lmao: I have yet to see this one! :lmao:

What do you guys think about Pen/Professional names? :uhoh:
There's a lot to consider... some people think the right name can make a big difference in selling a book.

At this point the top runners are to use my initial (L.A. Watkins), or my maiden name (Lynda Remus), or to go with a totally fictitious Pen name (Lily Clayton) :shifty: :laugh:

VintagePunk said:

So it's nonfiction? Sounds fascinating!

Yep it's actually very well-researched! This Edward Hooper guy spent months and months in Africa to write this. I heard about it from a friend who saw a documentary on tv about it. Craziness :| I'll let you all know what happens as I get further in!

Sad_Girl said:

:lmao: I have yet to see this one! :lmao:

What do you guys think about Pen/Professional names? :uhoh:
There's a lot to consider... some people think the right name can make a big difference in selling a book.

At this point the top runners are to use my initial (L.A. Watkins), or my maiden name (Lynda Remus), or to go with a totally fictitious Pen name (Lily Clayton) :shifty: :laugh:

I vote for your initials, Sarah says Remus, but that it depends on the market. She's such a :nerd: :lol:

Sami!! :hug: How was the show? :hyper:

SG: I don't know about pen names ... I wouldn't write fanfic under my real name, but I don't know if I'd use one professionally. But I haven't written much fiction yet, though, so ...

sami! :hug: How was Billy Joel tonight? I saw him years ago and he was good ...

VintagePunk said:

I vote for your initials, Sarah says Remus, but that it depends on the market. She's such a :nerd: :lol:

Yeah, I've thought of that. The Horror - action - drama stuff would fit well under LA Watkins, and then the Fantasy/soft Sci-fi/paranormal stuff fits in with Remus I think (being a Myth name) and Clayton fits the Romantic Genre better :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

or to go with a totally fictitious Pen name (Lily Clayton) :shifty: :laugh:

:shifty:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hmmmmmmm I'd go for something totally ficticious.
should have some kind of meliforous sound {more fantasy}or real zing to it {more SF to it}
... oh wait did you say sometime far back........a horror element in your stuff? I forgot!

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

:hmm:

Three guesses how you came up with Lily Clayton ... :wink:

I like both L.A. Watkins and Lynda Remus.

Sad_Girl said:

Yeah, I've thought of that. The Horror - action - drama stuff would fit well under LA Watkins, and then the Fantasy/soft Sci-fi/paranormal stuff fits in with Remus I think (being a Myth name) and Clayton fits the Romantic Genre better :lol:

That's totally our reasoning. :yes:

jobob said:

:hmm:

Three guesses how you came up with Lily Clayton ... :wink:

I like both L.A. Watkins and Lynda Remus.

Lily is what my Nephew and Niece have called me when they couldn't pronounce my name when they were babies.

Oh. :shifty: Is that not the part you meant? :angel:

The People : Bono’s Willy Sketch Is Up for Grabs !
Source : The People
From The People :

BONO’S WILLY SKETCH IS UP FOR GRABS !A CHILDREN’S CHARITY IS TO GO AHEAD WITH PLANS TO AUCTIONA DRAWING BY BONO OF HIS WILLY
John James

A children’s charity is to go ahead with plans to auction a drawing by Bono ofhis WILLY despite bitter criticism by a parents’ group.
Health Action Overseas, formerly Babies of Romania, invited hundreds ofcelebrities including the U2 star to contribute a drawing of their favourite childhood toys. While other celebs chose horses and trains for their sketches,Bono had other ideas.
And he signed the naughty drawing "Me Rattler". Fionnula Kilfeather of theNational Parents Council branded the drawing "tasteless".
"Any organisation that is raising money for charity has to be very consciousof the values that they are portraying," she said.
But the charity has refused to withdraw the picture from its auction in Dublin’sTemple Bar Theatre in December to raise funds for a Romanian orphanage.
James Dillon, chairman of Health Action Overseas, said : "We expect Bono’ssketch to raise more than pounds 1,000. If we withdraw it, the only people to suffer would be handicapped children.
"The drawing certainly reflects Bono’s sense of humour.
"It’s not our job to be art critics. People have to form their own opinions."
Other celebrity contributions include a painting of a toy train from Gay Byrne.
Pop star Chris de Burgh and golfer Bernard Langer have submitted sketches andTaoiseach John Bruton has promised to contribute.
The auction was the idea of UCD film student Ciaran Gearty.

:lmao: So THATs the story behind that drawing!

Sad_Girl said:
The People : Bono’s Willy Sketch Is Up for Grabs !
Source : The People
From The People :

BONO’S WILLY SKETCH IS UP FOR GRABS !A CHILDREN’S CHARITY IS TO GO AHEAD WITH PLANS TO AUCTIONA DRAWING BY BONO OF HIS WILLY
John James

A children’s charity is to go ahead with plans to auction a drawing by Bono ofhis WILLY despite bitter criticism by a parents’ group.
Health Action Overseas, formerly Babies of Romania, invited hundreds ofcelebrities including the U2 star to contribute a drawing of their favourite childhood toys. While other celebs chose horses and trains for their sketches,Bono had other ideas.
And he signed the naughty drawing "Me Rattler". Fionnula Kilfeather of theNational Parents Council branded the drawing "tasteless".
"Any organisation that is raising money for charity has to be very consciousof the values that they are portraying," she said.
But the charity has refused to withdraw the picture from its auction in Dublin’sTemple Bar Theatre in December to raise funds for a Romanian orphanage.
James Dillon, chairman of Health Action Overseas, said : "We expect Bono’ssketch to raise more than pounds 1,000. If we withdraw it, the only people to suffer would be handicapped children.
"The drawing certainly reflects Bono’s sense of humour.
"It’s not our job to be art critics. People have to form their own opinions."
Other celebrity contributions include a painting of a toy train from Gay Byrne.
Pop star Chris de Burgh and golfer Bernard Langer have submitted sketches andTaoiseach John Bruton has promised to contribute.
The auction was the idea of UCD film student Ciaran Gearty.

That? One of the many reasons I love the man. :love: :heart: :lol:

Really going now... :shifty:

VintagePunk said:

OH!!! that's not the one, there's an actual Scientology episode from this season, where Stan is the reincarnation of Hubbard, and Cruise and Travolta are both in it - and they both literally end up in the closet, and Cruise won't come out!! :lmao: :lmao:

The best part is they tell the story of Xenu (it's essentially science fiction, I can post a link to the story if anyone's interested, and it's what they teach the higher-ups) and have a subtitle saying 'This is what Scientologists actually believe.'

:lmao: "Tom Cruise, get out of the closet!!!!"

:love:

Back
Top Bottom