Pleban Girls Party - SG's Out Of Control and we love it!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
circa1992 said:

It's a test on all the stuff I've learned so far this semester :yikes: It's like a normal test...possibly :eyebrow:

sami said:
Cumulative just means that it's on all the material you've done before, not just the chapter you've done most recently.

Ok, I see. Pretty tough then, it's easier to remember the most recent chapter... Good Luck:hug:

Hi :hug: Sorry for disappearing earlier. I

-had a phone call
-peeked into the LS pic thread, realized I hadn't seen any of 'em, so looked at the whole thing
-had a 10 minute mental debate with myself about which CD to listen to (settled on Joe Jackson's Greatest Hits :drool: )
-have wandered to the kitchen 5 times to have a forkful of frozen lasagne, cause that's apparently how I eat now - standing at the stove, one forkful at a time, spread over about two hours :huh:

ADD much? :wink:

sami0201 said:

:lol: We did that all last semester. :wink: I hated the electron affinity and oxidation number and stuff. :madspit: I hated single and double replacement reactions too. Did you ever have to 'predict the product'?

I hate it too!!!

Yeah, we have to 'predict the product,' it drives me insane

All I can say is that if you need help balancing equations, I'm your person. :lmao: I LOVE balancing equations. :nerd:

I don't like balancing equations :no: and they don't like me very much either :no:

:lol:

The other thing I don't like is drawing ionic compounds (by using the bohr model and/or the criss-cross method) :madspit:

circa1992 said:

I hate it too!!!

Yeah, we have to 'predict the product,' it drives me insane

I don't like balancing equations :no: and they don't like me very much either :no:

:lol:

The other thing I don't like is drawing ionic compounds (by using the bohr model and/or the criss-cross method) :madspit:

:lol: Predicting the product is like my worst nightmare.

:hmm: Is drawing the ionic compounds with all the dots around it? I forget what the Bohr model is...

VintagePunk said:
ADD much? :wink:

maybe ... oh, wait, I have to finish paying my bills and set up my iTunes party shuffle! And has anyone posted any new fanfic in the last 25 minutes?

And did I tell you guys I just noticed there's a security guard at my office building who kinda looks like short-haircut George on GA? :cute:

No, not much. You? :wink:

sami0201 said:

:lol: Predicting the product is like my worst nightmare.

:hmm: Is is drawing the ionic compounds with all the dots around it? I forget what the Bohr model is...

Yup....

1) react a metal w/ a nonmetal
2) draw bohr model: show valence electrons, gain or lose?, type of ion?
3) show electron transfer ---> (lose 1 electron)
4) continue drawing atoms, as needed, until electrical charges balance and no stray electrons
5) determine formula

:lmao: that didn't explain anything at ALL :lmao:

sami0201 said:
VP :hug: :lol:

Some of my friends have started to take Aderol (ADD med) to lose weight and focus more in school (not prescribed to them). :|

Is it wrong that I've wondered what that would be like, as far as concentration goes, for school? :reject:

I'm not the adventurous type, checking out different drugs just to see what they'd do, so I guess I'll have to rely on my own mind, for better or worse. :wink:

VintagePunk said:

Is it wrong that I've wondered what that would be like, as far as concentration goes, for school? :reject:

I'm not the adventurous type, checking out different drugs just to see what they'd do, so I guess I'll have to rely on my own mind, for better or worse. :wink:

So have I. :reject: But I'm the kind of person that if I ever stole some of my brothers, I'd feel SO guilty that I'd fess up. :lmao:

My friends ask me to take some for them and I just can't do it!! :lol: But one of my friends who started taking her mom's (her mom knows though) has lost weight and she's not falling asleep in school. :up:

sami0201 said:

So have I. :reject: But I'm the kind of person that if I ever stole some of my brothers, I'd feel SO guilty that I'd fess up. :lmao:

My friends ask me to take some for them and I just can't do it!! :lol: But one of my friends who started taking her mom's (her mom knows though) has lost weight and she's not falling asleep in school. :up:

Yeah, it really is better to rely on what you have, and to train yourself to focus better, unless it's absolutely necessary to take medication. :)

VintagePunk said:

I've read one or two news articles saying it's quite the thing to do now on campus, especially around exam time. Students swear it improves their concentration. I never heard of it until I was out of school, though (probably because I wasn't on campus very much except for class and research and was an older student). I wouldn't have tried it myself.

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

Although I never thought about the weight-loss aspect of it. :hmm:

Kidding. :wink:

I suppose it makes sense though, given that it's a stimulant.

:lol: My brother has lost like 20 pounds, and now he's a skeleton. :yikes:

My friend (who is prescribed) has lost like 10 pounds already. :up:

jobob said:

I've read one or two news articles saying it's quite the thing to do now on campus, especially around exam time. Students swear it improves their concentration. I never heard of it until I was out of school, though (probably because I wasn't on campus very much and an older student). I wouldn't have tried it myself.

Yeah, my profs have referred to it being used in that manner, and supposedly, it really does work. They weren't condoning it, just saying it happens.

It does work. :yes: My friends who are taking it are totally not ADD, but they said they don't get distracted in class anymore and it makes them pay attention. See, for ADD kids it's supposed to make them calm down and focus, but for normal kids it makes you awake and stuff.

Jem.jpg

drea.jpg

Back
Top Bottom