Pleban Girls Party - Old Time Rock and Roll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoishot said:

I bet not many can name any Counties in the UK ( we dont call them states here. ) :wink: ( Apart from wild of course. :lol: )

We have counties, too

Territories are divided up by state, then broken down into counties and then townships

I live in Osceola county, for example

but more to the point :lol: I do know a fe English counties- :hmm: let's see:

Worcestershire, Lancashire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Nottinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Oxfordshire, Cheshire, Cornwall, Somerset, Yorkshire, Suffolk, Sussex, Devon, Kent, Derbyshire ....
oh, yeah, and greater Manchester :wink:

though I think that's probably only about half :scratch:

bonoishot said:
I bet not many can name any Counties in the UK ( we dont call them states here. ) :wink: ( Apart from wild of course. :lol: )
Challenge accepted!
*brain immediately goes blank* :der:
Okay.... Essex, Sussex... Wessex? Yorkshire... Cumbria... um... Does Cornwall count? Oxfordshire... Devonshire? (Someone told me it's not really called Devonshire, despite the existance of Devonshire teas.)
:scratch: Part of my brain wants to say Herefordshire, but I might be hallucinating.
I know there's more I know, but can't bring to mind right now... :reject:

Sad_Girl said:

Worcestershire, Lancashire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Nottinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Oxfordshire, Cheshire, Cornwall, Somerset, Yorkshire, Suffolk, Sussex, Devon, Kent, Derbyshire ....

Well you got mine & Jem's in there :lol:

WildHoney said:
Now if we were bidding on what actually goes in them i'd remortgage the house :lol:
:lol:

bonoishot said:
You learnt Indonesian. :ohmy: Thats unusual. Did you learn it yourself or was is something taught at school?
We all learned it at school, it was/is a standard class. I guess it's the same logic behind kids in the UK learning French... the country is nearby and there's a fair chance we'd travel there at some point. (Although I haven't yet!)

Sad_Girl said:

We have counties, too

Territories are divided up by state, then broken down into counties and then townships

I live in Osceola county, for example

Thats impressive SG. :ohmy: I live in Lancashire county. We also have boroughs eg, Fylde, Wyre etc. :wink:

Last edited:
Alisaura said:

:lol:

We all learned it at school, it was/is a standard class. I guess it's the same logic behind kids in the UK learning French... the country is nearby and there's a fair chance we'd travel there at some point. (Although I haven't yet!)

That's really cool :ohmy:

I guess it's like learning Spanish here in the US - one of those everyone has to know a little sort-of things

Back
Top Bottom