Pleban Girls Party - Music is the common thread that ties us all together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:

He's one of those artists who defies classification and so the people who have discovered him love him and he's well known, but as far as the sort of 'hit singles' you would hear replayed on radio or in compilations with other artists just aren't there or don't reflect his best stuff :heart:

I may have to wrestle with YSI or make a CD to mail out to you :hmm:

I adore Dylan. Most people, once they have had a chance to give him a real listen either love him or hate him, in my experience. :lol: I don't know which way you'll go for sure, but I can hook you up with some stuff so you can find out, at least :wink:

It's weird. I think I know more about the man than I do of his actual music. Sure, I'd love to hear some! :)

sami0201 said:
Have any of you ever seen the special called The 60's? It's from the late 90's I think, with Jordana Brewster, Julia Stiles, Jerry O'Connel, Rosanna Arquette.....Bob Dylan is in it a lot (not him literally but his music and stuff and they go to his concerts all the time) Anyway, it's a really good movie, we're watching it in psych. :love:

It is a good show :up: :yes:

And post the picture! :hyper:

Zootlesque said:

:lol: No.. I'm excited that Sicy added those 2 smileys! :hyper:

:corn: <--------- this one's tooo cute!

I wasn't aware of that. :reject:

And come to think of it, when I quoted your post, I did notice that one said : corn : and I was wondering how you got it from another site without typing in the url. :lmao:

No, I've never seen that, Sami :)

Can't...take...listening....to Spike...any....longer. :|

Think I'll put my Gilmour dvd on. :happy:

Alright - these are some of my favorites I already had on my hard drive (I don't keep much on my hard drive, to save room for the sims :p )

tell me if there are any you have heard or know well enough and so I shouldn't bother to upload them :) then I'll see what kind of mood YSI is in tonight :uhoh:

Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash - Girl from the north country
Bob Dylan - Catch the wind
Bob Dylan - Hurricane
Bob Dylan - All along the watchtower (I think you may have heard this one) :wink:
Bob Dylan - tonight I'll be staying here with you
Bob Dylan - Don't think twice, it's alright
Bob Dylan - It ain't me babe

VintagePunk said:
The beginning of SOYCD is practically orgasmic :combust:

I love SOYCD! :love: This is from a Gilmour live dvd? :ohmy:

btw, I heard the song On An Island on the radio. Sounds very pleasing. Did you get the album?

more Dylan :

As I went out one morning
The Mighty Quinn
Hurricane
I shall be released
Just like a woman
Things have changed
Knockin on heavens door
Lay, lady, lay

I didn't realize I had this many on my hard drive :lol:

SG - you should upload I Shall Be Released for VP too if you have it :heart: I've never heard Dylan's original version, but the covers I've heard have made me love the song :)

**Typed that before your last post with the rest of your list :giggle:

Last edited:
Drea said:
SG - you should upload I Shall Be Released for VP too if you have it :heart: I've never heard Dylan's original version, but the covers I've heard have made me love the song :)

*Checks* yep, I have that one right here handy, too :lol:

SG, I have Hurricane (saw the movie :drool: ), but that's it. :)

Sami - Shine on You Crazy Diamond :drool:

Zootle, I do too :love: Yeah, the dvd is from a couple of British shows he did in '02. Haven't got the cd yet, but I heard the song just the other day! I like it. I think any material he does is prone to get unfair comparisons with Floyd. He's just one member of the band, and I don't think any of his solo work will ever compare, but to me it sounded Floyd-ish. Kinda like Pink Floyd-lite. Gotta get the CD before the show!! Can't wait. OMG, that setlist - fucking amazing!! :combust:

:hug: s all..................

Thanks for all the beautiful/hot pics this thread and last !:drool:

Jamie os sooooooooooooooo cute, but :giggle: I thot "rocky" look ed like Alien Dog I've never[/I seen an animal's eyes reflect blue-green from a camera flash before!!! :uhoh: :laugh:

I'd throw in for the PGP commune :D

the PGP "rating" :lmao:

my take on people is general less cynical than some of you {tho I have me moments}....and i've let down etc by some. Luckily i've had a lot of good people in my life over the decades..................

nice I got to laugh & drool for a while but

my current baseline mood is more like.....
:sigh: :(

A lot of his stuff has been used in movies and TV, now that I think about it; so you may have heard more of him than you realize. Sneaky! :lol:

Sami - he reminds me of that actor on the TV show 'Numbers' :ohmy:

Sad_Girl said:
more Dylan :

As I went out one morning
The Mighty Quinn
Hurricane
I shall be released
Just like a woman
Things have changed
Knockin on heavens door
Lay, lady, lay

I didn't realize I had this many on my hard drive :lol:

Of these, I know/have:

The Mighty Quinn (?? not sure about this one, sound familiar, but I could be wrong)
Hurricane
Just like a woman
Knockin on heavens door
Lay, lady, lay

Back
Top Bottom