Pleban Girls Party - Lost in the Summer Rain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
4.gif

^^^

:giggle:

"I......I love to see the rain in the summertime...."
a nice 80's song whose band name i've just forgotten....they had a vid for it, to.

I'M not that b biog a fan of lots of rain in the summer......just a NORMASL amount will do please! :wink:

I absolutely LOVE to go grocery shopping. When I was still in school, my friends and I would make an event of it. We'd have a blast getting our groceries.

Diane - if you ever need anything, you know that I'm just a PM away. I hope you have a good night! Take care! :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

Look! A smiley of jobob standing outside right now!

If I were standing outside right now. :wink:

Any Pleban who lives directly east of me (VP, Bri, Drea) had better grab her umbrella and batten down her hatches. A big storm's a comin' your way tonight.

But then, VP and Bri probably are into that whole battening down thing ...

:drool:

:{ alright SG {& others} here is the lastest LOUSY "chapter" of "Dazz and her Art Teacher"

you may remember me telling you I [and a few others] have had extra access to the agency's Art COmputers during the weekdays after 1:30 PM......

I've been going 2 - 3 a week now...............

I had discussed my extra work project with himlearning to draw better on the graphics Tablet and electronic pen........and he said fine.

In the meantime he wanted me to scan in a drawing I did.it's a pencil copy of she was arrested for not moving to the back if the bus.

I'm puttinmg this in so Idon't get bounced out
I AM NOT done yet

NOW CONTINUING......

he was so excited about this piece.......... weanterd me to scan it in and color it.

well first off I had OTHER pieces I want to scan in & color up. But i can't find the one i wanted to start with. But I DID PUT ANOTHER one I did moderately quick a week earlier, in LAST Sat.

I started to color it..........the Computer Art teacher {that my art teacher hired} saw me with it..b/c for a reason he thought he had corrcted for me [something i accidently did- which i didn't notice/check some because i guess I thought I didjn't need to OR forgot. It had been QUITE a while since I scanned a piece of art work in.

NOT done yet..

BUT MON I couldn't FIND it in my set of folders! the comp art teacher........told me how to correct it.I wanted to get a printout b/c colors on the screen domn't always look as good/ or as you see them on the screen when they get printed. It's something as a colorist.i've had to become more used to thwe changes...... and make adjustemnts befvore on screen OR accept what comes out.

I loke4d around in various files ...no luck. I DID have the original scan..I'd worked on a copy of it..but i was in NO mood to start over fixing another copy, UNTIL i saw comp teacher this coming sat.

I tried to get back on the computer i was using on Sat to see if somehow it had gotten saved SOLEY to that comp and not on the workshop network.....but i clicked something and it went into spinning disk frozen mode :madspit:

by that time i was tired so i went bqck to what I'd started Mon AFTER I couldn't find the scan..... drawing eyes better on the tablet.........

SO suddenly my teacher [see he teaches this one class with us in rehab....otherwise he runs the Sat workshop, AND goes around the rest of thge weekdaysto all the OTHER teachers in different rehab programs to over see they are doing things correctly/ helpfully/clearly etc.
PLUS he does his own art.

Now at this same time..........the agency is having a show of digital works of the Sat Art Workshop by those who are doing them and what is picked out by the comp teacher, my teacher and the woman who is the head of the Sat workshop and { i think }other visual art workshops> He is hired by them to do this sat workshop[ and the other oversighting.

first my teach said i didn't have enough work. But I submitted 5 pieces. Two were selected. but i wanted the other ones in, too {represted different styles and subject matter}.

anyway the show is opening tommorrow..

So here I am ..i had one one eye, then another which was 50% better. Then because I couldn't find the Other scan.i oediced to play a bit with the coloring in. Then I got too tired to do a new eyee , so i just copied & pasted a nother copy and colored thT in a more dramaticf SF way.

it was in the middle of doing THAT today.that my teach walks over to check some stuff...on the computer next to mine.

he says..... why was i doing what i was doing? / started to rtell him i was too tired to draw something new..so iwas playing and testing out color-workings....

NOoooooo...... WHY was I trying to draw on the tablet, wehn i did so much better with a pencil???

I said THAT was what we had agreed for me to do......when I started up this Independent study 1 1/2 months back.

I say..you showed me that so & so was drawing much better on the tablet DIRECTLY than I was.......... SO i w3anted to do better.

He -- that wasn't what I was only pointing out..........she's using alot of phot stuff and colaging it in.
THEN he "accuses" me of SLECTIVELY Hearing whaT I wanted to hear, and going on my merry way doing what I wanted to do!

and I some far behind with the compot6er THAN my peers..you should take a goooood look at what they are doing {up in show}. ? so whay then did I weven HAVE 2 pieces in the sdhow in the fuirst place?? ? Because the woman I guess wanted them in....he could only "advise" her what to put in, not demand they be taken out.

The Threat

he syas if you don't start scanning stuff i may have to reevaluate your stay here at weorkshop and take you away from the computer { or POssibly- not clear} take you out of the workshop completely.

either he's going to now or in a several weeks tell my program rehab counsels I've made "NO progress" in the past 2 years here!!!

THEN he said You are a "classsic example" of how the Computer is a Detriment to your work...

They are also having a Roundtable Discussion/Conference NEXT WEDS.

I wasn't planning on attending....i don't want to be filmed in any cofrence.
It's a big deal for the rehab/arts community, which what this agency is all about.

THEN IT sure sounded like he said that ..... i was actually going to be discussed as part of the Negative aspects of theis workshop at THIS COnference!!!

:ohmy: :sad: :reject:

I can't begin to tell you HOW upset this aspect to me!!!!!!!!!
...not that the other parts aren't upsetting either.

i'm not even sure now I'm going to go tomorrow {tho there's great free food.} I was planning on being there.......i could go before the show, do more work then leave.

I tried to tell him I put a piece in to scan, but he said he didn't see it. that's the one I couldn't find !!!

I have several pieces at home that I want to blow up [xerox} and redo them in good BLACK 'colored pencil" {versus regular pencil} which THEN I can scan in.

THAT"S been a plan I've been hatching up in the past 2-43 months...

But sometimes the draining of my energy by my nasty romate cuts my home art time. ANd we had 2 family medicl problems .....in the pat 3 months. THAT ALSO has cut my time dopwn. Yeas sometimes it me too.........on what I choose to do at home but gneuinely these other situations DO interfewre as well.

The other woman I could be talking to.....can't afford a phone at present otherwise I'd have been on it with her. I sure hope she is in tomorrow. :(

anyway that's the shitty stuff that's going on.and I was having SUCH a nice SUmmer Solsiste day too...till that hapened:mad:

Last edited:
No Diane, no sami. I am cry. More like "I am pout," but whatever. :sad:

dazz, that sucks about your art teacher and your scan. :(

SG, great new chapter. I just posted comments. :wink:

And after three hours, the rainstorm may finally be about to stop! :happy: Or not quite. :|

Re: Re: Pleban Girls Party - Lost in the Summer Rain

jobob said:

Look! A smiley of jobob standing outside right now!

If I were standing outside right now. :wink:

Any Pleban who lives directly east of me (VP, Bri, Drea) had better grab her umbrella and batten down her hatches. A big storm's a comin' your way tonight.

But then, VP and Bri probably are into that whole battening down thing ...

:drool:

Well, nothing here yet :lol: As long as I don't get soaked going to or from work, it's all good :wink:

And you should talk to Drea, she knows more about Toronto than the tourism department. :lol:

*SNERK* Thanks for the compliment VP and SG, but I know limited amounts about limited parts of the city, and that's it :giggle:

There's this strange clicking noise outside. Wonder if the little red light at the corner down the block is out or something?

And I just remembered I forgot once again tonight to pay my phone bill online ... and being mad at AT&T because they charge me so :censored: much is *not* an excuse for not paying them.

I for some reason always thought your stitch n bitch was Thursdays Drea :reject:

VP That was a long shower! How dirty were you? Wait... :shifty: don't answer that :wink: :laugh:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:
I for some reason always thought your stitch n botch was Thursdays Drea :reject:

"Stitch n botch"? Is that your opinion of my knitting? :lmao:

Nope, it's Wed night - and right now it's one of the places I regain what little sanity I have left :wink: (here being another :D)

Back
Top Bottom