Pleban Girls Party - Just another day in Plebaville

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
60min_27.jpg

60min_25.jpg

any ole way.......

I was reading the DN when i turn the page.I'd have expected this {so to speak - subject related matter} tomorrow _8th.
paraphrase......"25 yrs later Doc who tried to save Lennon says...'we proably still couldn't save nim today. ' "
I'm not sure what would be worse to really think about ......that is.......if they COULD now, or that they still couldn't..............

i have to be in a certain mood, or be brought back to that "time/space" to really feel it......of course it was absolutely horrific. I didn't [couldn't- i was in such shock] even cry till almost ? 6 days later when they had the Central PArk Memorial .

SO i was caught off guard seeing that this afternoon, because it because OF all this other timing stirs up ALL the old Bad Stuff..............and then troubles the present

put this up and then i'll finish in a sep post in a few mins

Sad_Girl said:
Have any of you seen the movie "crash"?

I recomend it if you haven't :up: :up:

we have it but I haven't seen it...my parents loved it though

I'll have to watch it one of these days instead of watching the same few movies over and over :lol: :reject:

hi girls! god, i posted earlier and had a zillion people stop by my office all at once so i couldn't come back. i'm setlisting but wanted to say hey--everyone good???

I got to see wild, jemma, and met DG!! :hyper:

ruffian said:
hi girls! god, i posted earlier and had a zillion people stop by my office all at once so i couldn't come back. i'm setlisting but wanted to say hey--everyone good???

I got to see wild, jemma, and met DG!! :hyper:

:wave: how are you?

and I got to talk to you on the phone for half a second! :drool: :lol: :wink:

sami0201 said:
:drool:

there's a Bruuuuuuuuuuce concert on PBS :drool:

it's from the 30th anniversary box set that I'm getting my mom for the holidays :shh: :wink:

i caught a snowy TV show of that :drool: :drool: last week. we don't get the Long Island Public TV station well {no cable} in our part of Brooklyn :huh:

and cranky roomate started to bitch about his music.....i didn't care about that EXCEPT she was drowning out the snowy sound :lol: :mad:

Luckily my sis got the DVD and i'll be watching it {hopefully} at her house as she' s usually away for the Christmas Holidays.........
NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE gift sami

Crash / 2004 - Several characters of different racial backgrounds collide in one incident, The different stereotypes society has created for those backgrounds affect their judgment, beliefs and actions, This in turn causes problems for each of them.

It's so fucking sad, but so good!

Hi Ruff :hug: It's so good to have you here again; it's been too long since we've talked to you!

Well, everyone but DG, Wild and jem, that is :wink:

hi Dazz, Sami (sorry i had to let the phone go, but good talking to you!), SG, and Diane :hug: Miss seeing you girls. I'm traveling like a crazy mofo starting probably friday, so I'll be MIA for a couple of weeks...

hopefully, last of the 'historic/Folkloric" rant

ok.......................

as I was saying last night JFk's........ .death i was too young to really get what a lost had happened....i just knew it wasn't right. I got were VERY upset, plus what i saw on NYC TV.........VS........ had i been living in The South/Texas where the reaction was much more mixed-- although i didn't know that yet at the time! :|

between 1963 & 1968 i was quite precocious when it came to sciences & politics................ ANd my Mom in the intervening yrs....by the time RFK had been US Senator from NYS for a while, she remarked to me 'hyow much he had changed, become much more compassionate'.

AS I got a few yrs older before 68 and started reading this stuff for myself AND listening to one of the FEW talk radio programs in the USA at the time {and a more liberalish one at that }.this talk show host had alot of Bobby's aides on over those years.

SO when Bobby announced his candidicy for Pres...i had just turned anti-Vietnam war the year 67....i was like oh boy.i'll go volunteer later on in the year- if he wins the nomination! had already seen but i was too young to do work for then Mayor Lindsey {first term}.

posting and continuing in next post I started this at the LIBRARY and got the unregisdtered kiock out and when i went back to my post.it had all been erased :rant;

THat doesn't always happenn,, but no chances to night..........

Last edited:
ruffian said:
hi Dazz, Sami (sorry i had to let the phone go, but good talking to you!), SG, and Diane :hug: Miss seeing you girls. I'm traveling like a crazy mofo starting probably friday, so I'll be MIA for a couple of weeks...

:hyper: are you going to all the rest of the shows?

not going to Buffalo or Charlotte but all the rest--there is a chance I could cancel Cleveland but not sure yet!

ruffian said:

So a couple of MIA weeks = how many shows exactly? :tongue: :love:

SG
The movie does sound interesting! :up: I'll have to rent it. :yes:

~BrightestStar~ said:

So a couple of MIA weeks = how many shows exactly? :tongue: :love:

:uhoh:

:shame:

i'm out of town from about the 10th to the 20th.

Bri, i missed you in my hello's! :hug:

i have to check some flight info and i can hardly keep my eyes open--so little sleep in the last three days!

next and last i hope.................

so after Martin.......:| who i didn't know THAT much about being all of his actions {except the 1958 nyc visit which i read about years later!} took place either in The South and maybe some in the Mid-west area............

so many of us were like...pinning our hopes on Bobby........with the California win, LBJ's not running again.we just knew somehow HE'd get the nomination .the passionate people couldn't be denied.

oh yes there was PLENTY of bad blood between Gene McCarthy volunteers and RFK's & some of their profesional satff....but since i';d began really hearing about RFK by ? 66 -67 on that raqdio show I was a supporter.so to speak............

so you can imagine how crushed we all were in June of that year..........I had almost gone to see him campaigning at the march Greek Parade {being half greek-american}, but i decided not to for some reasion. Of course thinking I'd get to see him later :| ........
..... DEF one of my biggest ...NON future-changing life decisions :( regrets

SO when Lennon returned to public life in 80..it was a living soul of The 60's R&R and Politics person had returned. so on a certain pshyco-social-cultural level it felt like REnewal!
and then........ :|

one last continue................

Last edited:
ruffian said:

:uhoh

:shame:

i'm out of town from about the 10th to the 20th.

Bri, i missed you in my hello's! :hug:

i have to check some flight info and i can hardly keep my eyes open--so little sleep in the last three days!

Sleep is highly overrated anyway. :wink:

DId you have a good time? ( :lol: stupidest question I may ever ask....)
Got any highlights? :hyper:

:hug:

Can I hide in your luggage? :drool:

Night Sami!
Sweer dreams hun. :hug: :heart:
*grabs B :shifty:*

Back
Top Bottom