Pleban Girls Party - Just another day in Plebaville

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope no one minds if I keep posting pics - I've found quite a few new ones tonight

71330013_ada5bd1155_o.jpg

71329993_896351d96b_o.jpg

VintagePunk said:

She has no idea whatsoever what she wants. :lol: But then again, I can hardly imagine being that age, and having to choose. :crazy: That's one of the things I admire about you - you have very clear goals that you're working toward, and doing a terrific job, I might add. :)

:lol: Aww thanks! :hug: If it wasn't for nursing though, I'd be one of those lost sheep. It is sort of crazy that people have to decide at a younger age now (not by much but I guess it's still a difference). Most of the people who went through mandatory OAC that I've talked to said it was the worst year of their life and hated being in high school still, but at least it gave them some more time to decide.

VintagePunk said:
Hi SG, Russty, Sami, Fly :hug :

Sami, Fly, my poor overworked girls. :sigh :(

:hug: I'm almost done :bow: I didn't get to do my english essay, but I guess I'd rather it be better with no extra credit than bad with a little extra credit :shrug:

I'm almost done studying my math, then I can go to sleep! :happy:
and we have a pep rally tomorrow! :hyper:
and it's Friday! :drool:
and the people I babysit for cancelled!! :D

:lol:

Fly I'm glad it's not too bad :hug: how old are you?

I gave 2 final exams today. one student walked in, sat down, looked at the test, and burst into tears. she went running from the room :slant:

i found her sobbing in the hall, poor thing. I didn't know my exams were THAT bad!

The second Boston show was great--I had not heard Instant Karma before so that was wonderful.

Hi Ruff and Snooky! :hug: :heart: :hug:

Ruff I'm glad you had a good time and got home safely. :heart:

:hyper: Mr. Cat and I were watching Project Runway on tv last night and he said that I could so out do everyone on the show. So I jokingly asked him if I could go back to school for art or fashion design and he said we should look into it!!! :dance: My parents told me if I ever wanted to go back they would help pay for it! Woohoo!

ruffian said:
I gave 2 final exams today. one student walked in, sat down, looked at the test, and burst into tears. she went running from the room :slant:

i found her sobbing in the hall, poor thing. I didn't know my exams were THAT bad!

Ruff you slave driver! :drool:

:wink:

Poor girl though, that really sucks. :(

FlyYourKite said:

:lol: Aww thanks! :hug: If it wasn't for nursing though, I'd be one of those lost sheep. It is sort of crazy that people have to decide at a younger age now (not by much but I guess it's still a difference). Most of the people who went through mandatory OAC that I've talked to said it was the worst year of their life and hated being in high school still, but at least it gave them some more time to decide.

There are a suprising number of kids in Sarah's inner and outer circles who are staying. I think many of them just aren't ready to leave the security of the known, yet.

When I was her age and about to finish high school, I just wanted to get the hell outta Dodge. :lol:

FlyYourKite said:

Ruff you slave driver! :drool:

:wink:

Poor girl though, that really sucks. :(
i went in and got her books and purse, and told her she can take the exam tomorrow instead. god, nothing is worth getting so upset about. i really felt sorry for her.

Hi Russty! I can't thread a needle, much less design anything. Picking out my clothes in the morning is quite the fashion disaster!

VintagePunk said:

There are a suprising number of kids in Sarah's inner and outer circles who are staying. I think many of them just aren't ready to leave the security of the known, yet.

When I was her age and about to finish high school, I just wanted to get the hell outta Dodge. :lol:

That makes perfect sense, especially if you're not sure what you want to do. Why not go back if you aren't going to get a full-time job or get into post-secondary education? Sometimes I wish I had taken a year just to take a few courses for fun, work and do some traveling. I'm the youngest person in our year. :lol: :reject:

Sad_Girl said:
:ohmy: Oh no, Ruff! :huh:

I guess you never know whats going to happen in a classroom situation :slant:
SG, feel free to keep the pics coming! Yeah, well, I'll take crying over throwing up any day! That happened about four years ago, on the first day of class. :yuck:

ruffian said:

i went in and got her books and purse, and told her she can take the exam tomorrow instead. god, nothing is worth getting so upset about. i really felt sorry for her.

Poor thing, it's such a stressful and fatiguing time of year. :(

You ol' softie, you. :wink:

FlyYourKite said:

I had to resist saying, "Was it something I said?" :lol:

Jeez, I was just going over the syllabus!

SG...you are too kind. I feel like a whale lately. The GA diet has not been particularly low-cal.

VintagePunk said:

Poor thing, it's such a stressful and fatiguing time of year. :(

You ol' softie, you. :wink:
we had a faculty meeting today and everyone really looked a little frayed...finals are next week (mine are this week, given the tour schedule and all) and I'm glad I'll be out of the state!
i've been thrown up on a couple of times. no fun. :|

how did we get on this topic??? :lol:

FlyYourKite said:

That makes perfect sense, especially if you're not sure what you want to do. Why not go back if you aren't going to get a full-time job or get into post-secondary education? Sometimes I wish I had taken a year just to take a few courses for fun, work and do some traveling. I'm the youngest person in our year. :lol: :reject:

Sarah's cousin, who is a year younger than her, has quit hs (dumbest move ever), but intends to go back. She wants to finish over the next year or so, then says she wants to get some life experience being going on to higher education. My ex was trying to talk her into going to college/university immediately after she finishes. They ellicited my opinion, and I had to agree with her. I don't think a year or two off would hurt anyone, and working at a few crap jobs in between is a great motivator, in my opinion.

ruffian said:

Hi Russty! I can't thread a needle, much less design anything. Picking out my clothes in the morning is quite the fashion disaster!

aww :( you seem like a great teacher :love:

I think you are anything BUT a fashion disaster in the pictures I've seen of you, missy :shame: :drool: :wink:

VintagePunk said:

Sarah's cousin, who is a year younger than her, has quit hs (dumbest move ever), but intends to go back. She wants to finish over the next year or so, then says she wants to get some life experience being going on to higher education. My ex was trying to talk her into going to college/university immediately after she finishes. They ellicited my opinion, and I had to agree with her. I don't think a year or two off would hurt anyone, and working at a few crap jobs in between is a great motivator, in my opinion.

a year or two off is a GREAT idea, in my opinion...I'm totally with you here. nothing to lose and getting some life experience is invaluable. i went straight through school and one of my big regrets is not having taken any time off...

ruffian said:

Man you are just the evil teacher! *cracking the whip* :wink: :giggle:

I've been sewing since I was 5 and designing clothes since I was about 10. I was going to start attending FIDM, a fashion design school when I got married so it got kicked to the back corner and I've been sort of regretting it ever since.

I don't need to win awards or make millions I just want to take some classes so hopefully maybe one day I could teach an adult education class or travel around and teach at private studios. Something to do when my kids are grown. :)

VintagePunk said:

:yes: I tend to agree with you.

71188054_dedc8ce6ab_b.jpg

71330550_7d2839bbb0_o.jpg

ruffian said:

a year or two off is a GREAT idea, in my opinion...I'm totally with you here. nothing to lose and getting some life experience is invaluable. i went straight through school and one of my big regrets is not having taken any time off...

I took a year off between high school and college, and after working the horrible, low paying jobs I did, I studied my ass off. :lol: If I'd gone right out of high school, I can almost guarantee I would have been considerably more blase about it.

So I got my New Zealand tickets and Wild swears she's coming...poor NI, just when he thought he was out of the woods...

There was a rule on the ambulance, when we had a trauma patient strapped to a backboard to prevent further possible spinal injury - if they started to vomit, you always had to decide which side to tilt the board so they wouldn't choke. It was always roll away from the senior medic. I never once got to work with anyone to whom I was senior :yuck: :lol:

Sad_Girl said:
There was a rule on the ambulance, when we had a trauma patient strapped to a backboard to prevent further possible spinal injury - if they started to vomit, you always had to decide which side to tilt the board so they wouldn't choke. It was always roll away from the senior medic. I never once got to work with anyone to whom I was senior :yuck: :lol:

:yikes: Lucky you! :love:

ruffian said:
So I got my New Zealand tickets and Wild swears she's coming...poor NI, just when he thought he was out of the woods...

you're going? :ohmy: :bow:

take me with you! :hyper:

I'd love to take a year off between high school and college, but my parents won't let me :angry:

Back
Top Bottom