Pleban Girls Party - it's not a house, but it feels like home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
~BrightestStar~ said:

:lol:
Aww! So why the long face? I, school nerd that I am, certainly enjoy my summer to the fullest extent :drool:

And they get out earlier? No fair..I didn't get out earlier :angry:

Mucca! :hug:

Who gets out earlier?

~BrightestStar~ said:

Aww! So why the long face? I, school nerd that I am, certainly enjoy my summer to the fullest extent :drool:

And they get out earlier? No fair..I didn't get out earlier :angry:

Because next year I won't have these teachers. :sad: :heart: And I'm not going to see my friends (from here) all summer. :(

But I am kind of happy that I'm not graduating because if I had this set of teachers as a senior and knew I wouldn't still get to see them next year I'd be more than upset. :lol:

They do, they get out like 2-3 weeks earlier, even though graduation isn't until the 25th. :huh:

NowAdambusinesssuit.jpg

Your computer's on the fritz - again - and the in-house tech basically gave it last rites when she disconnected and unplugged it last night, taking the hard drive with her to her office. Fortunately you're working on the file with him, and he'd offered you the use of the computer in his office for the day while he's out of town for a meeting. "I'll even allow you use of the cd player," he'd teased, as your love of music is both a running joke and constant topic of conversation between you.

Now, hours later, the office quiet and half-dark as you work on the last return for the client, you grin to yourself and crank the music up just that bit louder. Knowing you're alone, you sing along softly as you enter the numbers, shifting the neck of the desk lamp up in the growing dark.

But you're not as alone as you think...

Wrapped up in the music and your work, it takes a while for the soft voice behind you to register; it's not the lead singer, nor is it the building security guard doing his evening rounds (you've heard him sing, just out of tune enough to make you wince). It's not so much singing as purring, really - clearly whomever it is loves the song as much as you do.

You turn around to find him in the doorway grinning at you, leaning on one side of the doorframe and finishing your favourite line in the song before he speaks. "I thought I'd find you here." Chuckling, you blush and quickly reach to lower the volume but he's too fast, his hand stopping you. "Wait." There's a momentary silence in the room as the singer reaches the chorus, his hand nearly holding yours as you listen.

"But all the promises we make from the cradle to the grave... When all I want is you..." the singer croons from the speakers, but what you're hearing isn't the cd, it's him singing along, his eyes locked with yours. Suddenly shy, your blush deepens and you glance away. But you can't look away for long; his eyes draw you back and your head tilts up just as his moves down, your eyes drifting closed as his lips meet yours tentatively, unsure if he'll be accepted or slapped. When it's clear he won't be slapped, he becomes more sure of himself, the kiss deepening until the world shrinks down to the two of you and a frustratingly growing need for air.

Suddenly the painfully familiar voice of the security guard singing a Temptations song echoes down the hallway, forcing the two of you apart enough to be presentable before he passes by. When he does, you're both looking at the screen apparently clarifying some point about possible deductions, the music barely audible.

As soon as the coast clears he kisses your forehead and smiles. "I think that's enough work for one night, don't you?" You agree and pack up, the two of you careful to keep the conversation to work until you leave the building, and then conversation is the last thing on your minds...

The Reuters news agency has a blog about Bono's travels in Africa, and you can comment on it! They are asking for questions for him, so I asked if they would consider expanding the size range for EDUN so bigger girls could wear their clothes too.

Some people are such jackasses--"how much money did YOU give Africa, Bono?"--but others are very sweet.

I hope Jeffy feels better soon, SG. :hug:

sami0201 said:

Because next year I won't have these teachers. :sad: :heart: And I'm not going to see my friends (from here) all summer. :(

Awww. :( But you can still visit your teachers next year! :love: (Not that I go back and visit teachers oranything..:shifty: )

They do, they get out like 2-3 weeks earlier, even though graduation isn't until the 25th. :huh:

No fair! :angry:
Altho, I suppose it was nice having extra time to be able to hang out together before the year was over :heart:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Good thing B strikes me as the animal loving type. Or perhaps Paul Mcartney will come visit....

:tongue:

Mucca
Sami mentioned that the grads ended school last week.

What?? We didn't get that treatment!! :tongue:

Hi diane :hug:

Drea :drool:

VP :hug: How are you doing?

SG :hug: :sad:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Awww. :( But you can still visit your teachers next year! :love: (Not that I go back and visit teachers oranything..:shifty: )

No fair! :angry:
Altho, I suppose it was nice having extra time to be able to hang out together before the year was over :heart:

:lol: :yes:

And yeah, they are just hanging around...a lot of them hang around in school with the teachers, though. :lol: :heart:

I guess his throat was pretty sore, but around here after five pm there aren't any walk in clinics or anything of the sort so the ER is the only option. Even during the day, you get worked in to see a PA or a Nurse Practitioner if you need medical help quickly - it can take weeks to schedule an appointment with one of the few good family practitioners around

Doing okay, Mucca, how's school going?

SG, sorry to hear that...hopefully he'll be better very soon. I always found with strep that antibiotics seemed to act really fast on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom