Pleban Girls Party - In a city lit by fireflies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. I have a MAJOR dentist phobia, haven't been in years. :reject: At first he said it was going to be a really complex extraction, involving major cutting, and that I would be better off going to a surgeon and getting knocked out for it. :yikes: Then they took an xray and it showed the root being really small, just one single root thingy instead of two or three, so he said that will make it much easier and simpler, and I can have it done in their office with just freezing. Kind of a bad news - good news scenario.

:yikes: I haven't been to the dentist in ages as well. I probably should go, but they absolutely terrify me. Hopefully it won't be too scary for you. :hug:

Speaking of fireflies--this is firefly mating seasion--in the Smoky Mountains at Elkmont--you can go to see the fireflies lighting up in unison. Quite interesting really. (Sorry about your tooth VP.)

I was really proud of myself today! :lol: This is a new dentist to me, he's my sister's, and she assured me he's really nice. I went in and admitted to him that I was pretty much on the verge of a panic attack, and he was really calming and reassuring. I told him the only reason I was able to make it in there today is because I had convinced myself that he wouldn't do any work, he'd just look. :lol: He said that he could do the extraction tomorrow, but I asked for a bit more time to get used to the idea. :reject: So I'm having it out in a week.

I've also realized that these bouts I've had with my jaw off and on for the past two years are due to this, and not muscular. :| He explained that if I don't have it taken care of, it'll continue to flare up, so it'll be a relief not to have to go through that anymore.

Thanks BD, Sami :hug:

VintagePunk said:

I've also realized that these bouts I've had with my jaw off and on for the past two years are due to this, and not muscular. :| He explained that if I don't have it taken care of, it'll continue to flare up, so it'll be a relief not to have to go through that anymore.

This is good news, in a way! :up: :hug: And that dentist seems really nice. :)

Glad to hear he's a nice guy, VP! That must make things much easier.

I didn't see the game Sami, but I had the website up to see what was going on. Our office is a little crazy about soccer! :lol:

ThoraSEB said:

I didn't see the game Sami, but I had the website up to see what was going on. Our office is a little crazy about soccer! :lol:

:lol:
My dad's company deals with home theatres and stuff, so they have a whole "house" that they showcase all their stuff in for clients to see. They were all watching in one of the theatres in there. :laugh: :drool:

But the Australia Japan game this morning! :combust: :love: :faint: :bow:

sami0201 said:

My dad's company deals with home theatres and stuff, so they have a whole "house" that they showcase all their stuff in for clients to see. They were all watching in one of the theatres in there. :laugh: :drool:

But the Australia Japan game this morning! :combust: :love: :faint: :bow:

Sweeeet! We have a TV in our lunchroom that's been playing the games, but I can't always be running in there to watch. :lol: I need to get SOME work done this month. :lol:

I saw the Mexico-Iran game yesterday, and that was fun.

Damn timezones though! :madwife:

I heard that Australia won, was it a good one?

ThoraSEB said:

Sweeeet! We have a TV in our lunchroom that's been playing the games, but I can't always be running in there to watch. :lol: I need to get SOME work done this month. :lol:

I saw the Mexico-Iran game yesterday, and that was fun.

Damn timezones though! :madwife:

I heard that Australia won, was it a good one?

Yes they won, and it was incredible!! Japan scored 1 in the first half but it shouldn't have been a goal- a Japanese player slammed into the goalie whle another player shot it in- it should have been a foul but the ref never called it. :huh: So it was 1-0. Going into the second half still 1-0. In the last EIGHT minutes of the game, Australia scored THREE goals!! :combust:

sami0201 said:
In the last EIGHT minutes of the game, Australia scored THREE goals!! :combust:

WOW! That would have been awesome to see.

I get a ton of sports channels because I'm a bit of a sports watching geek, so maybe one of them will replay the game tonight. Probably not, but at least I'll be able to catch the highlights at some point. :up:

sami0201 said:

Aw! :hug: Why don't you take a nap?

I'm leaving Wednesday morning. :hyper:

You must be SO excited!! :hyper: And of course, you'll have to keep us up to date on hot boy. :wink:

I have to pick up Sarah soon, then go pick up my antibiotics. But I'll be having a nice long nap when I get home. :drool:

:lmao: I'm looking at the ratemyteachers site and found my old history teacher from high school. He liked to always smack one of those really long wooden rulers on the desks to get his point across, or to wake you up if you were sleeping. He was a nutcase, but totally awesome. One kid wrote: "He's a great guy, but he smacks the stick on the desk waay too hard." :lmao:

This site is waay too amusing. It's weird that teachers who taught me in high school are still there. Or maybe they're not, and people are rating them now. :shrug: Either way it's been interesting reading people's impressions of the teachers I had back then. :)

Back
Top Bottom