Pleban Girls Party - Hockey, Soccer and Cold turkeys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Kat :hug:

I'm a bit upset with myself, though. I've fallen into a trap I so desperately have avoided for years, but after today's game, I can't help it. :banghead:

David Beckham is hot! :scream: :(

So, now I have to leave y'all. But, I'll be back! :hyper:

I've decided that I'm gonna stay up a bit tonight, so I'll be back later.

:hug: if anyone has to leave before I get back here :hug:

JezSnape said:
Olé, olé, olé :happy: :dancing:

I'll be back in twenty minutes. But I'm so happy!

:reject: oh, in case no one else saw the game, 2-2!

Oh oh, Adam's not going to be happy :lol:

Me, I can live with a tie even though I'm cheering for England :wink:

You shouldn't cheer for England, it only encourages them! ;)

Hi Drea :hug:

I'm afraid Beckham does nothing for me. I can't find a man attractive when he has a voice like a 6-yr-old girl, lol! :lol: ;)

:lol: Yeah, I'd be un-amused by that headline too, Drea!

Vancouver is fine. It's overcast today, not sure about the temperature. I have my staff picnic in about an hour, so I really hope the weather gets a bit nicer for that. :)

ThoraSEB said:
:lol: Yeah, I'd be un-amused by that headline too, Drea!

Are you saying none of the Vancouver papers took the freebie opening this morning? I'm impressed :lol:

Vancouver is fine. It's overcast today, not sure about the temperature. I have my staff picnic in about an hour, so I really hope the weather gets a bit nicer for that. :)

I'll gladly send you 5-10 degrees, and I'm sure VP would too :wink:

Last edited:
Drea said:

Nooo, not today, it's beautiful today! In fact, a few more degrees here would have been okay.

Although I've been stuck in the house most of the day, so it's not like the nice weather is doing me a lot of good. :|

Drea said:

Are you saying none of the Vancouver papers took the freebie opening this morning? I'm impressed :lol:

:lol: I actually haven't seen any of the papers today, so I don't know. :reject:

Cool - I'd be very happy for some more sun and heat! :D

Last edited:
Well today it rained after I had my hair cut. Always happens! It rained and it wasn't hot but I actually prefer it that way! ooooh it's like um, 5 days till I go to America!

Um, more scared than excited right now, haha! Mainly cause I am terrified of flying, I think once I am on solid ground in New York I'll feel much better! But I am pretty shy so it's quite scary! Do you think anyone would be interested if I made a topic about me in America? Lol probably not.

You should definitely make a thread, Kat. I'm sure a lot of people will have some helpful advice or ideas of what to do when you have free time. :up:

:lol: I just got told that my voice sounds very American! I was talking to a co-worker on the phone, and she said that I sounded so American. :lol:

I have a muddled Canadian/American accent, since I'm part American, but didn't think I sound particularly American. Hmm. That was kinda funny.

The accents sound quite similar to me as an outsider, lol, but I know they're different! I'm waiting for someone to assume I'm English and then I can hit them ;) I have a horrible feeling I'll pick up an American accent though because I tend to copy people's accents if I spend time with them! I don't want to lose my Scottish one!

I don't think you'll lose it. :) It may become a little bit Americanized for a while, but as soon as you're home, it will slip back to normal.

I know that after I lived with my family in the States for 2 years and came back to Canada, all my friends joked about me sounding like such a Yankee. I could totally hear it too! :D

I do the same thing - I tend to pick up on people's accents very quickly, especially if I'm living there for an extended period of time. :)

I'm lucky in that a Scottish accent is very hard to lose, lol. It's also hard to put on if you don't have one! Fun hearing people try though ;) it'll be easier to adapt it a bit so people understand me, lol!

Yes, it is a very hard accent to try and imitate. I've tried and failed miserably! :lol:

Well, it's time for me to take off now for my picnic. Have a great night Kat! :hug:

You should hear my sister's Michigan accent from doing 3 years of univ there :lol: Those of you who've heard SG speak will know what I mean - Megan sounds like that, though it's slowly softening since she's been back home :wink: Of course that part of Michigan also sounds like a Buffalo accent for some wierd reason, I should remember to warn her of that when she moves here if the accent's still there *g*

See you later Thora! :hug:

I have no idea what a Michigan accent is Drea, lol! I'm hopeless. Never been though. Maybe I'll learn a few things when I'm in the States!

Anyway I'm off now as well, it's late. Night! :hug:

:wave:

Just wanted to come on and say that I will not be joining you guys, my comp is f*cked up, and it took me half an hour to get this up and running :(

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom